Morgan Stanley

Average Difficulty
101 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – Applied to through the career center at school for on campus recruiting. The whole process took approximately 2 weeks. It was just a single associate interviewing. basic run me through your resumes, pretty standard technical questions, and just one super hard technical accounting question that nobody supposedly got.

Interview Question – Pitch me a stock   Answer Question

Summer Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview Details – 2 First Round Interview, 1 Second Round Interview, 3 Final Round Interviews

Interview Question – Do a case study and analyze it in debt   Answer Question

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – I applied in december and got a phone interview with an associate in mid january. most were fit questions, only one or two technical questions. The interviewer was very nice. The whole process was quite easy even though I was not well prepared.

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – Couple first round phone interview followed by in-house super day

Super day was 6, 30 minute one on one interviews. Tested basic knowledge of financial markets, background, why sales and trading position, why company in general

Interview Question – if you were ceo for a day what would you change   Answer Question

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – Applied on campus for Investment banking. Was granted first round interview - all technical questions for which I wasn't prepared. they were not that difficult though I didn't feel if i had studied, but did not get asked one fit question besides tell me about your self.

Interview Question – Walking me through financial statements   Answer Question

New York, NY

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – On campus interview, 30 minutes, one on one, still waiting to hear back.
Submitted my resume through university's career website.
The night before interview, networking session was organized at their headquarters where they told us more about the positions and we were free to ask questions. Very nice and friendly people.

Interview Question – Tell me what you did in this particular internship, what your role was, who is your supervisor   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed on campus for first round. Standard walk me through your resume questions for about 15 mins then the next 15 mins were spent on technicals. Technicals were easy because I wasn't a business major; if you look through the mergers and inquisitions list you should be good.

Interviewed at their office for the next round. It was 6 people (superdays are long). The analysts tend to focus on the more technical questions and the MD and VPs focus more on the fit and personality.

Interview Question – How do you adjust a GAAP term to become a non-GAAP term   Answer Question

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – I applied in mid december and got a phone interview request in early January. Pretty standard interview that was with two people on the phone. They asked basic fit and some technical questions (how to value a company). I did not get invited to a second round interview or superday.

Interview Question – How would you value a tech company with no revenue?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – The first round interview was held on campus with two interviewers. It consisted of three in depth technical questions based around understanding of the balance sheet, income statement, and CF statement. The was super day held in the MS NYC office with 3 separate interviews. Each one had a different focus (fit, technical, and general knowledge). The technical questions in this round focused primarily on the CAPM model and running a DCF with WACC.

Interview Question – Walked in and was handed a piece of paper and told to fill in the blanks on the three statements to make them balance. Was not difficult, but then had to analyze the company and walk through various scenarios as to how the current situation was possible.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview Details – interviewed for finance summer analyst as a sophomore. invited to one networking session at NY office. Interviewed with a VP at their office. good experience, nothing difficult. Largely fit questions and little to no technicals.

Interview Question – biggest weakness   Answer Question