Morgan Stanley Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014

3.2

105 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

Submitted resume online earlier this year. Was called on my cell phone for a first round interview, which was pretty standard. Nothing out of the ordinary, just what you would expect from an interview at MS. Then, participated in a Super Day with multiple interviews back to back. Heard the next week.

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Submitted my application through my college career website. Was contacted a few days later for a phone interview. They were running behind schedule so it only lasted about 15 minutes. Said I would be contacted in a few days to let me know if i was chosen for a second round interview. Got a call 2 weeks later saying no.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions, mainly just asked about my resume. Focused on the small things on the bottom of the resume which was strange.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Applied to through the career center at school for on campus recruiting. The whole process took approximately 2 weeks. It was just a single associate interviewing. basic run me through your resumes, pretty standard technical questions, and just one super hard technical accounting question that nobody supposedly got.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

2 First Round Interview, 1 Second Round Interview, 3 Final Round Interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied in december and got a phone interview with an associate in mid january. most were fit questions, only one or two technical questions. The interviewer was very nice. The whole process was quite easy even though I was not well prepared.

Summer Analyst Interview

Couple first round phone interview followed by in-house super day

Super day was 6, 30 minute one on one interviews. Tested basic knowledge of financial markets, background, why sales and trading position, why company in general

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

On campus interview, 30 minutes, one on one, still waiting to hear back.
    Submitted my resume through university's career website.
    The night before interview, networking session was organized at their headquarters where they told us more about the positions and we were free to ask questions. Very nice and friendly people.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what you did in this particular internship, what your role was, who is your supervisor   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Applied on campus for Investment banking. Was granted first round interview - all technical questions for which I wasn't prepared. they were not that difficult though I didn't feel if i had studied, but did not get asked one fit question besides tell me about your self.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied in mid december and got a phone interview request in early January. Pretty standard interview that was with two people on the phone. They asked basic fit and some technical questions (how to value a company). I did not get invited to a second round interview or superday.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2013.

Interviewed on campus for first round. Standard walk me through your resume questions for about 15 mins then the next 15 mins were spent on technicals. Technicals were easy because I wasn't a business major; if you look through the mergers and inquisitions list you should be good.

Interviewed at their office for the next round. It was 6 people (superdays are long). The analysts tend to focus on the more technical questions and the MD and VPs focus more on the fit and personality.

Interview Questions
    • How do you adjust a GAAP term to become a non-GAAP term   Answer Question