Morgan Stanley Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2015.

Applied through school, process took about two weeks. The interview consisted mainly of fit questions followed by a series of current financial events questions and two more technical questions. Over all the interview was friendly but fast paced. It was much more direct than other firms.

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2015.

Applied On-campus and online. Scheduled a first round interview through on campus recruiting. Mostly fit questions (Why IBD? Why MS?) , a few technicals (depreciation expense on all 3 accounting statements, what is WACC?) . Never heard back from HR rep or interviewer, so figured I didn't move to the next round as many peers had scheduled super days in New York.

Interview Questions
    • Would you take this job if I offered it to you right now?   View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

I applied on their own website. Got a first round interview after about 3 weeks. First round consists of 2 phone calls. The format was pretty standard, although they were straight for the chase in terms of technical questions.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in December 2014.

I applied online around mid November and received a phone interview yesterday regarding a summer analyst position in their Investment Banking Division. The phone interview was more a casual conversation in the beginning and then it carried towards a more logistical conversation about working downtown in Chicago. It wasn't too heavy on the technical questions and all they really asked me was about how to value a company. I feel like the in person interview would be more technical.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in December 2014.

Applied on campus. The process took close to 2months. I was called for a Technology diversity showcase in October which i attended in Manhattan and then an interview in December (assessment center). The assessment center was at Bowling green and it went very well. we had lunch and then talked generally and then a group activity then two one on one interviews, 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions
    • Basically, personal questions. It was quite easy cos I interviewed for the business analyst position. The guy asked me about the SDLC and also to interview him on requirements gathering. He asked me brain teasers as well.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Phone interview basic behavior question. Why MS, what MS do, and introduce yourself. The HR is very kind and try to motivate me to tell as more as possible. So there is no pressure during the interview, but I am so sad that cannot get the offer

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

I applied for the HK office. The process took around 2 months. phone interview+ skype+final round. Final round contains a case study. First round two analysts in Singapore office, second round one associate from HK office. Final round in NYC, met with around 4-5 professionals (VP and above)

Summer Analyst Interview

First level interview in campus. The interviewer was very friendly and gave puzzle to solve. Then selected for Super day at Morgan Stanley office. First they gave team activity. Then 2 levels of interview.

Anonymous Employee in London, OH
    Anonymous Employee in London, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2014.

first apply online, pass the online test (only numerical), then wait for 2-3 weeks for 2 rounds of phone interview (two interviewers each time), then you will be noticed in 2 weeks for Assessment centre. Analyst and summer analyst will be interviewed together.

Interview Questions
    • what sectors do you like? whats happening in the sector?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

First there is a Resume drop through target schools career centers; then employees come to campus and conduct first-round on campus interviews; those selected by the school capitains will be invited for a Super-Day at the office; once that offer is secured you work with human resources and your school capitain towards a final desk placement

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to do this job instead of tech, startup   Answer Question
    not applicable