Morgan Stanley Summer Analyst Interview Questions

3.2

106 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2013.

Interviewed on campus for first round. Standard walk me through your resume questions for about 15 mins then the next 15 mins were spent on technicals. Technicals were easy because I wasn't a business major; if you look through the mergers and inquisitions list you should be good.

Interviewed at their office for the next round. It was 6 people (superdays are long). The analysts tend to focus on the more technical questions and the MD and VPs focus more on the fit and personality.

Interview Questions
  • How do you adjust a GAAP term to become a non-GAAP term   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Summer Analyst Interview

The first round interview was held on campus with two interviewers. It consisted of three in depth technical questions based around understanding of the balance sheet, income statement, and CF statement. The was super day held in the MS NYC office with 3 separate interviews. Each one had a different focus (fit, technical, and general knowledge). The technical questions in this round focused primarily on the CAPM model and running a DCF with WACC.

Interview Questions
    • Walked in and was handed a piece of paper and told to fill in the blanks on the three statements to make them balance. Was not difficult, but then had to analyze the company and walk through various scenarios as to how the current situation was possible.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

interviewed for finance summer analyst as a sophomore. invited to one networking session at NY office. Interviewed with a VP at their office. good experience, nothing difficult. Largely fit questions and little to no technicals.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

On campus then super saturday. Final round with head of entire trading floor who grilled on finance questions, bond markets, the Fed etc.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Took the written exam on campus. Then they emailed back to set up an initial phone interviews with the interest rate group. Asked about the DJ index and some basic probability questions.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview with one senior GILT trader and one cross-asset derivatives sales guy.

They were both nice. First asked about me in general. What was the most challenging job I ever had and why. Asked what I thought about the market, my thoughts on EURUSD, the Fed's put (QE). Why I wanted to be in trading vs sales vs research.

Interview Questions
    • No tricky questions, it was first round interviews on the phone.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

First round interview over the phone, mostly some market and behavioral questions. superday was four interviews in the office, they asked a few math and probability problems to make sure you know your stuff, but otherwise not too stressful. The people were nice, and quick to recognize talents and where they can be used.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in August 2012.

Interview process was pretty straightforward. First round interview was over the phone. I was asked basic questions about the firm, finance, and what I know about the infrastructure of MS. Second round interview was a bit more challenging. Met with three different people for 30 minutes. Each employee asked different kinds of questions. I also had to do a team activity to see how well I can work with other people.

Interview Questions
    • How are the financial statements connected?   View Answer
    No negotiation. Advice I would give would be to weigh your options and see if you can leverage any offer you get before accepting.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2013.

Take an exam in January. There are questions from various fields, probability, derivative, SDE, ODE, PDE, calculus, matrix, numerical analysis (one scheme problem) and Java or C++ (you can choose one of them). Not well prepared, cannot finish half the problems within an hour.

Interview Questions
    • The problems do not require very advanced theories or too complicated calculations. However, I have to spend some time to recall these things which have not been used for long. Quite challenging because of the time limit.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2013.

Begins with phone interview, many other phone interviews may follow if the division is extremely competitive. Afterwards there is a super day in which you have up to 6 back to back interviews with multiple departments.

No negotiation