Morgan Stanley

Updated Jan 22, 2015

3.2

134 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

Applied on campus for Investment banking. Was granted first round interview - all technical questions for which I wasn't prepared. they were not that difficult though I didn't feel if i had studied, but did not get asked one fit question besides tell me about your self.

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied in mid december and got a phone interview request in early January. Pretty standard interview that was with two people on the phone. They asked basic fit and some technical questions (how to value a company). I did not get invited to a second round interview or superday.

Summer Analyst Interview

The first round interview was held on campus with two interviewers. It consisted of three in depth technical questions based around understanding of the balance sheet, income statement, and CF statement. The was super day held in the MS NYC office with 3 separate interviews. Each one had a different focus (fit, technical, and general knowledge). The technical questions in this round focused primarily on the CAPM model and running a DCF with WACC.

Interview Questions
    • Walked in and was handed a piece of paper and told to fill in the blanks on the three statements to make them balance. Was not difficult, but then had to analyze the company and walk through various scenarios as to how the current situation was possible.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

interviewed for finance summer analyst as a sophomore. invited to one networking session at NY office. Interviewed with a VP at their office. good experience, nothing difficult. Largely fit questions and little to no technicals.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

On campus then super saturday. Final round with head of entire trading floor who grilled on finance questions, bond markets, the Fed etc.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Took the written exam on campus. Then they emailed back to set up an initial phone interviews with the interest rate group. Asked about the DJ index and some basic probability questions.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview with one senior GILT trader and one cross-asset derivatives sales guy.

They were both nice. First asked about me in general. What was the most challenging job I ever had and why. Asked what I thought about the market, my thoughts on EURUSD, the Fed's put (QE). Why I wanted to be in trading vs sales vs research.

Interview Questions
    • No tricky questions, it was first round interviews on the phone.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

First round interview over the phone, mostly some market and behavioral questions. superday was four interviews in the office, they asked a few math and probability problems to make sure you know your stuff, but otherwise not too stressful. The people were nice, and quick to recognize talents and where they can be used.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Meet on campus for a Pre-night Meeting to get an idea of what to expect in the interview and ask any questions you wouldn't ask in an interview. Next day was a 30 minute interview with basic questions "tell me about a group project that went well/why and one that went poorly." Soon after that came a SuperDay invite which consisted for 2- 30 minute interviews and a group activity

Interview Questions
    • Try and relate all work experience to job traits - even if previous experience is something unrelated like babysitter,lifeguard, etc.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2013.

Begins with phone interview, many other phone interviews may follow if the division is extremely competitive. Afterwards there is a super day in which you have up to 6 back to back interviews with multiple departments.

No negotiation