Morgan Stanley

Updated Jan 22, 2015

3.2

134 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

On-Campus First Round -- 30 minute, Behavioral with a few market awareness questions, pretty easy, nothing surprising
Supper Day in New York -- 4 30 minute interviews and group activity, mostly behavioral with some technical and division or department related questions, everyone was very friendly, enjoyable process

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Found the opportunity through campus recruiting, and conducted two phone interviews. Both were very friendly and the conversations were mainly behavioral and flowed very nicely. I was then invited to the Super Day in NYC at HQ, which was structured as four 20 minute back-to-back interviews with two exec. directors a managing director and then a VP (all within IED). Most were friendly; no crazy questions asked. A lot about my experience last summer (at an investment boutique), why MS, have I been following the markets and which stocks in particular (pitch). I received an offer shortly thereafter.

Interview Questions
    • How much does the Starbucks in Times Square bring in, in annual revenue?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2013.

Interviewed on campus for first round. Standard walk me through your resume questions for about 15 mins then the next 15 mins were spent on technicals. Technicals were easy because I wasn't a business major; if you look through the mergers and inquisitions list you should be good.

Interviewed at their office for the next round. It was 6 people (superdays are long). The analysts tend to focus on the more technical questions and the MD and VPs focus more on the fit and personality.

Interview Questions
    • How do you adjust a GAAP term to become a non-GAAP term   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2013.

The interview was mostly about personal connection with the interviewer.

Summer Analyst Interview

interviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2013.

Applied through university career website and had an on-campus interview. The interviewer didn't seem to be interested in anything I said and he looked away very often. At the end of the interview I asked "what's your best stock call" and he said "every single one of my stock calls is great."

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2013.

Met them at the career fair. Recruiter was super nice. Applied online through MS website and recruiting service. About three weeks later, received an email regarding the interview. First round interview was mostly fit and one or two technical. Interviewer seemed uninterested in talking. Key to ace this was to NEVER LOOK DOWN ON YOUR RESUME. They want to know you as a person.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is the future of MS given today's market condition?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2013.

Take an exam in January. There are questions from various fields, probability, derivative, SDE, ODE, PDE, calculus, matrix, numerical analysis (one scheme problem) and Java or C++ (you can choose one of them). Not well prepared, cannot finish half the problems within an hour.

Interview Questions
    • The problems do not require very advanced theories or too complicated calculations. However, I have to spend some time to recall these things which have not been used for long. Quite challenging because of the time limit.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

interviewed at Morgan Stanley in December 2012.

I had 2 skype interviews before being flown out to interview in New York. The interview process was pretty good mix of technical and personal questions that were not easy to answer.

Interview Questions
    • How would you value a tech company that doesn't have any revenues?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in August 2012.

Interview process was pretty straightforward. First round interview was over the phone. I was asked basic questions about the firm, finance, and what I know about the infrastructure of MS. Second round interview was a bit more challenging. Met with three different people for 30 minutes. Each employee asked different kinds of questions. I also had to do a team activity to see how well I can work with other people.

Interview Questions
    • How are the financial statements connected?   View Answer
    No negotiation. Advice I would give would be to weigh your options and see if you can leverage any offer you get before accepting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in April 2012.

The interview process was very smooth. They offered information sessions on campus for a chance to ask questions. The final interview was just a few days after the initial interview, and it was on location. It included a small group project/presentation, so that they could see how we are able to work and solve problems in teams.