Morgan Stanley Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (San Francisco, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

First round was phone call that was primarily behavioral with a few easy technical questions. Second round was at the office and there were 6 back to back interview. There were more technical questions this round and they might ask you to actually do something on Excel. However, prepare for behavioral as well. They will also ask some hypothetical scenario questions.

Interview Questions

• On this board there are 6 investment opportunities for our client. Which one is the most appealing and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I only negotiated my start date, because my school ended later than the semester system.

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

On campus interview, 30 minutes, one on one, still waiting to hear back. Submitted my resume through university's career website. The night before interview, networking session was organized at their headquarters where they told us more about the positions and we were free to ask questions. Very nice and friendly people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you did in this particular internship, what your role was, who is your supervisor   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied on campus for Investment banking. Was granted first round interview - all technical questions for which I wasn't prepared. they were not that difficult though I didn't feel if i had studied, but did not get asked one fit question besides tell me about your self.

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied in mid december and got a phone interview request in early January. Pretty standard interview that was with two people on the phone. They asked basic fit and some technical questions (how to value a company). I did not get invited to a second round interview or superday.

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

The first round interview was held on campus with two interviewers. It consisted of three in depth technical questions based around understanding of the balance sheet, income statement, and CF statement. The was super day held in the MS NYC office with 3 separate interviews. Each one had a different focus (fit, technical, and general knowledge). The technical questions in this round focused primarily on the CAPM model and running a DCF with WACC.

Interview Questions

• Walked in and was handed a piece of paper and told to fill in the blanks on the three statements to make them balance. Was not difficult, but then had to analyze the company and walk through various scenarios as to how the current situation was possible.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

interviewed for finance summer analyst as a sophomore. invited to one networking session at NY office. Interviewed with a VP at their office. good experience, nothing difficult. Largely fit questions and little to no technicals.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

On campus then super saturday. Final round with head of entire trading floor who grilled on finance questions, bond markets, the Fed etc.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Took the written exam on campus. Then they emailed back to set up an initial phone interviews with the interest rate group. Asked about the DJ index and some basic probability questions.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Interview with one senior GILT trader and one cross-asset derivatives sales guy. They were both nice. First asked about me in general. What was the most challenging job I ever had and why. Asked what I thought about the market, my thoughts on EURUSD, the Fed's put (QE). Why I wanted to be in trading vs sales vs research.

Interview Questions

• No tricky questions, it was first round interviews on the phone.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

First round interview over the phone, mostly some market and behavioral questions. superday was four interviews in the office, they asked a few math and probability problems to make sure you know your stuff, but otherwise not too stressful. The people were nice, and quick to recognize talents and where they can be used.

Interview Questions

• if x is in (0,1), how many times is cos(ln(x)) = 0?   3 Answers