Morgan Stanley Technical Analyst Interview Questions

3.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in September 2014.

Applied to the technical analyst position through my college. Got an interview call within a week for the first round.
The interview was purely technical and the duration was 30 mins.

Interview Questions
  • Explain me your recent Java project.
    Basic java questions like what is garbage collection, final,finalize,etc.
    Advantages of using dual core processor.
    Questions about previous work experience.
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2013.

2 rounds interview. All Technical. First round happened on campus. Second round is in the Montreal Morgan company.

Interview Questions
    • How to check whether all numbers in sudo is right? Only needs basic ideas. The interviewers usually give lots of implications. Very nice and helpful   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

It first shortlists on the basis of resume.

Then there was a test, for coding and aptitude. Both on paper. Aptitude test was MCQ, 50 questions. 10 on aptitude, 10 on analytical ability, and 30 on programming (language option given - C/C++, Java). The coding round comprised of 5 questions, to be solved in an hour. 2 on arrays, 2 on BST, 1 on strings (wild card search). Time was less. 2.5hours total for everything.

Interview Questions
    • For a given BST, find the path from root to leaf whose total is equal to the value given to you. Suppose you are given 23, then the path 10-->8->5 (if such exists) is the answer. If such path exists, reutrn true   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

got selected for interview by campus website. In person interview, started off with introducing myself, then straight to a technical question, which requires you to write code on a piece of paper. pick you preferred language.

Interview Questions
    • given size of array 5, with five numbers in it, sort them from smallest to largest without comparing.(hint, access time O(n)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

One one-on-one interview, and an onsite interview made of several small interviews. Overall, the process was not very well organized. Several interviewers asked me the same question. Although from their description, it seems interesting to work there.

Technical Analyst Interview

Applied through college recruiting.
    Had a 30 minutes on-campus interview. The interviewer was nice and made sure I was comfortable. He was more interested in knowing that I was able to do the question than asking me to write a code.

He asked about reversing my name and whether there is a loop in a linked list.