Morgan Stanley

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2013.

Interview Details – I interviewed through my school's on-campus recruiting center. The interview was entirely behavioral and questions about my interests and resume, nothing technical at all. Two weeks later I was contact to arrange travel to Manhattan for a final, on-site interview at the end of that week. The on-site day consisted of an info session, a group exercise with other applicants, and two-four one-on-one interviews with the people I would be working under. I received the offer about two weeks later.

Interview Question – Consider a system which takes queries from a queue, parses them, executes them, and commits them. How can you ensure that order integrity is preserved while also parallelizing the entire chain?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Received another offer in a field I was more interested in

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2012.

Interview Details – Initial on campus interview through Campus career fair. Garbage collection, Final Keywords in java. Two SQL questions one of them was to make row values into column headers.

Got called for on site interview. 4 interviews 30 mins each. Data structures, SQL, Java concepts and some Unix. I did okay at the interviews but id not get selected.

Interview Question – How will you identify cyclic references in Java.   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2011.

Interview Details – I initially got an internal recommendation from an employee at the firm and then went to an infosession held on my college campus and managed to get another recommendation. The interview was held at the career center and was 30 minutes long. It consisted of basic technical questions such as "What's the difference between abstract and interfaces in Java" "How familiar are you with C? What is a pointer? How do you dereference a pointer?" and other basics. He seemed very concerned that I knew C. Overall, the interview was very straightforward but unfortunately my interviewer didn't seem too excited about meeting with students from my campus.

Interview Question – What's the difference between abstract class and interfaces in Java   Answer Question

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2014.

Interview Details – I gave my resume out at a career fair, never applied. They emailed me a few weeks later for a campus interview.

Interview Question – If you have an array of numbers and a sum, how can you check if any two numbers in that array add up to that sum?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Morgan Stanley

Worked for Morgan Stanley? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Morgan Stanley Technology Analyst Intern interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Morgan Stanley employees and interview candidates.