Morgan Stanley Technology Analyst Internship Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Technology Analyst Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Included an online application which included asking about my interests in technology, why morgan stanley and why am I suitable for the internship. As soon as I submitted, I was invited to do verbal, numerical and logical reasoning tests. A month after the submission of my application, I received an invitation for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted 20 minutes and was mainly technical. The interviewer started off with the question about a recent technical task that I have completed, and the interview built up from there, for example my task was related to concurrency, so I was asked about Java Synchronization, thread states etc. Other questions included the fundamentals of Object Oriented programming and the differences between arrays and linked lists.
A week after, I was invited for the Assessment Centre. This started off with a group exercise consisting of 5 people and we discussing a business scenario and we had to come up with a solution at the end depending on the pros and cons. There were then two technical and one competency based interviews. I would say that the technical interviews are very challenging but they are looking to see how you analyse the problem so expect unexpected questions!

Interview Questions
  • If you have a set in java which is suppose to contain 100 numbers but in fact it only contains 99 numbers, what is the most efficient way to find the missing number?   View Answer