Morgan Stanley Technology Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

It was okay, not too difficult. Had my initial contact with them at an engineering conference. Interviewed with an Infrastructure manager. He asked a lot about Linux because I had that on my resume. For the onsite interviews, had two interviews, mostly networking questions, security etc. This was because I was been interviewed by members of the infrastructure team and that was what was on my resume.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Employee in Rutgers, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Rutgers, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through my university for the summer tech analyst position. The first round of interview was scheduled on campus and lasted for around half an hour. The interviewer did not even skim through my resume. Started with behavioral questions. The proceeded towards technical. Morgan Stanley asks you puzzles, so be sure you are prepared to answer them. I was asked to assume there are many baby fishes in a tank. The baby fishes need to eat other baby fishes in order to survive. However, if a baby fish eats another baby fish, it turns into a shark and dies. However, if it doesn't eat, its still gonna die. You want the last baby fish to survive. How are you going to do that?

Interview Questions

• Reverse a Linked list. How is it different in Java than in C++?   Answer Question
    • Why did Java 1.5 introduce strong typing for a list, like List<Integer> list when we were fine with not adding the type in <>?   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Interview

on-campus interview and one on-site interview. On-site interview comprises with one group interview and two technical interviews. Group interview was doing a hand-craft with 4 people and it lasted about 40 min. Then two technical interviews are 30 min each. They only give me 1 coding problem.

Interview Questions

• how to make sure that a database is secure for a customer   Answer Question

Analyst - Technology Interview

Interview

The interview was really clean. They allowed you time to answer the questions and they were friendly.The process is long and tedious, I suggest one goes to Harvard or Yale in order to really get a good chance to work at this bank.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was they wanted me to build an LBO in 10 seconds, not sure if that is possible.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

First on campus interview followed by onsite interview. On campus interview revolved around reading files and manipulating that. then some database questions. After two weeks I got an email regarding an onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• We had to do a team work and then two back to back 30 minute interviews which was not difficult   Answer Question

Analyst - Technology Interview

Interview

A quick, on-campus interview that covers the most basic aspects of business analyst roles in the technology department. Need to know the phases involved with the development of a typical product, need to understand the relationship between project managers and programmers, as well as the coordination of client need and product delivery.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Interviewed on campus , lots of detailed java question, e.g : How Hash works.

Interview Questions

• How to read a file and compare its content   2 Answers

Technology Analyst Interview

Interview

Interview was 4 hours, consisting of a group process and 4 one-to-one interviews with people from 2 different departments.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, brush up on hash tables/data structure   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Applied through the University Career Services website. Got a reply in a week for an interview on campus. The interview went on for about 20 minutes. It started with the interviewer asking me about my interests in the field of technology, my preferred language of coding and why I wanted to work at Morgan Stanley. Then, I was asked a few basic questions on Java, about classes and object oriented programming. The interviewer also asked questions on databases (SQL specifically).

Interview Questions

• There was no unexpected or extremely difficult question as such.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Was selected for on campus recruitment interview session. Recruiter called back in 2 weeks to inform of a superday opportunity. The superday consisted of a group activity section and 4 one on one interviews where they test your problem solving, coding, and interpersonal skills. Recruiter did not contact me back before my other offer days, which prompted me to just go with my other choices.

Interview Questions

• Given a number n, print a spiral of n by n matrix. e.g 1 2 3 4 12 13 14 5 11 16 15 6 10 9 8 7   1 Answer