Morgan Stanley

Updated Dec 8, 2014

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate - Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Pretty straightforward interview process. Two phone interviews followed by 3 on site interviews.
Was kept waiting for more than a week after the first phone screen. But once they got back, things moved pretty quickly from second phone screen to the onsite and to the offer. It was all within a week.
The interviews are all fairly technical. Knowing some of the core CS concepts will be necessary such as time complexity of certain data structures. Some preparation on CS fundamentals will be helpful.

Interview Questions
  • Explain how a concurrent hashmap works.   Answer Question
  • Basic RDBMS questions on indexes, joins, group by, relational schema design.   Answer Question
  • What data structure will you use to maintain top 10 traded securities by volume.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Technology Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Apply through university career website. Get an on campus interview. The interview was 40 mins long. It included basic math problems and basic coding problems (with the language of your preference ). The interviewer is helpful and friendly . But it has been at least two weeks , but I am still waiting for their response about whether or not I get into the next round ( same with some other friends who also interviewed) .

Interview Questions
    • Very basic coding questions and one simple math problem   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in October 2014.

I applied through campus recruiting board and then was asked for attending on-campus interview. The interviewer was very nice and was an alum. Two coding questions about finding prime numbers and permutations. He was impressed by my combinational background since I didn't study anything related to CS before. The Superday happened 10 days after the on-campus interview in NYC. There were group activities and two rounds of interviews. The first one is an indian female who wasn't concentrated at all when I was answering those behavioral questions she asked. I was a little bit offended. Then my another originally assigned interviewer didn't show up due to bad traffic, and the recruiter assigned me another interviewer on the spot. Just an easy math question and asked for coding on paper. However, I didn't realize what he really asked until it was finished.

If you didn't receive the follow up less than one week. Often times you got rejected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2013.

Got an interview in a job fair, interviewed by one person, got asked some basic conceptual questions, such as difference between Java and C++, then received email for an in person interview in New York. 4 hours long, 2 hours of group activities then 2 hours of 4 back-to-back 30-mins technical interviews.

Interview Questions
    • How to convert A or B or C into 2, and so on for the rest of the alphabets. Quickest way possible.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2011.

Expect minimum 3 interviews and can be more depends on number of departments interested

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Questions depend on person to person. Should be able to write data structure related code. General idea of all the topics of your favorite language.   Answer Question

Technology Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2010.

professional. good time management.

Interview Questions
    • if you are asked to build a simple calculator, what do you plan to do?

example input - "1+2*3/(5-4)-6 "
      output - "1"

(coded solution is preferred).

View Answer

Technology Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2009.

Spoke with four guys. Everybody sounded very positive about their position and development potential within the firm. Position was for a .NET programmer. Questions were all very basic conceptual questions about the language features, either you know it or you don't, nothing tricky. There was one guy that focused on problem solving and algorithm questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe lamda calculus and how it's used in computer science.   Answer Question

Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in June 2007.

One to one interviews with several team members, focusing on technical experience and intuition for financial concepts. They were looking for outstanding candidates with solid technical experience, able to answer all the questions and communicate well.