Morgan Stanley

Morgan Stanley Trader Interview Questions

3.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Trader Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Electronic Trading

Interview Questions
  • Lots of programming questions. Most difficult: What is const correctness   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2012.

Pretty easy questions... some simple brain teasers... a lot of questions on how much you know about the markets... nothing that reading Bloomberg for a few weeks couldn't teach you

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really... only technical questions were probability questions asked by some trader on the exotic interest rates desk   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in September 2008.

It took many months of cold calls, and informational "meet and greet" interviews just to land a real interview. Most questions related to market related information, thoughts on the economy, and personal background / experience. Additionally, a description of the position was provided. Mental math questions (square root of .1, square root of 400,), brainteasers, etc. Interviewed with 6 people, one on one back to back, then several two on ones. Basically, multiple rounds (phone, several one on ones lasting a few months, followed by a full afternoon of back to backs.) Difficult but not excruciating- if you THOUROUGHLY prepare.

Interview Questions
    • What is the square root of .01?   View Answers (8)
    • If two cars are traveling in a two lap race on a track of any length, one going 60 mph and the other going 30mph, how fast will the slower car have to go to finish at the same car to finish at the same time?   View Answers (28)

Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2009.

After a few one to one interviews, we're invited to a day-long "assessment." It started with some math/verbal reasoning multiple choice tests, then some one on one interviews. Then there was a team exercise where they divided us into a team of about 8 and gave us various scenarios to deal with. The feedback I got afterwards was that they wanted to see people who were cooperative, and the "leaders" were ones who made sure everyone had a chance to contribute, not necessarily the ones that talked to most. We had some social activities where we mingled with current employees. It lasted a full day, and some interviewees were showing exhaustion. I think that was part of the goal, to see how we look like after a long day.

Interview Questions
    I just accepted the offer.