Morgan Stanley Vice President Firmwide Marketing EMEA Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

2.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Vice President Firmwide Marketing EMEA Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2011.

The position was posted in October 2010. I didn't hear from them until the end of November - and that was after a MD at Morgan Stanley called on my behalf. The first round of interviews were conducted via webcast. I was told the following day that they would like me to come in for a second round. There was no further update until the second round was scheduled for 3 February 2011. I should have suspected that this was going to become a trend...

The Chief Marketing Officer came to London, along with a senior member of her staff to conduct what I assumed were the final interviews. I nailed the interview. I was over-prepared and was ready to give them their marketing strategy for the next three years along with the competitive landscape. I was perfect and their body language confirmed it. The CMO is smart, savvy, personable and someone I would love to work for.

Since the second round of interviews, I have received no updates. According to the MS recruiter, there were three final candidates and she had not received feedback about any of them - even after four weeks of chasing the CMO. I have no reason to doubt what the recruiter said and her voice sounded as frustrated as I was. I grew tired of waiting and more annoyed so I told the recruiter that I needed an update (even a little one) or I wanted to withdraw my name from consideration. I received no update and so I have withdrawn my name. It is a shame because this was my dream job and I am certain I was a perfect fit, but I can't work with and for people who have no consideration for my time. From start to finish this has been a bad experience. I still have great respect for Morgan Stanley and the CMO, but I am deeply disappointed.

Interview Questions
  • Open ended interview, so no difficult or thought-provoking questions.   Answer Question

Worked for Morgan Stanley? Contribute to the Community!