Morgan Stanley Vice President Interview Questions

3.6

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2014.

Interview

HR was very delayed and not organized but the finance department made up for it. I had two rounds of interviews on two separate days. The interviewers were very nice and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Techincal questions related to new regulatory requirements   Answer Question

Negotiation

very easy. I said my range and they met it.

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

This was an internal move, but was for a promotion so it was easy to scout and learn about the hiring managers and the challenges facing the role. I met with two Director level managers who covered different products. The questions were fairly straight forward as were my answers and it was much more of a "feel-out" process as to make sure there would be a strong work dynamic. I was advised I would hear within two weeks and received an offer in the timeline established.

Interview Questions

• Barring no additional resources (i.e. money, staff etc), how would you improve the current service rates of the team? Basically, how do you motivate someone to work harder with no carrot in front of them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no room to negotiate as this was internal

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

First round with senior research associate (person under the analyst on the research report), second round with senior research analyst (person at the top of the research report) and third / final round with equity sales professionals. Questions were usual "walk me through your resume" as well as "pitch me a stock" and also "how do you think about evaluating the quality of a company vs. the quality of a stock".

Interview Questions

• Wouldn't you simply work here for a while and then jump to the buy side?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

Many rounds of Interview and the whole process could take months.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate your performance in your previous company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was similar to any bank in the Industry. I joined as an experienced professional and not straight out of school. The interview process is scheduled by HR. I met 6 different people that lasted about 5 hours.

Interview Questions

• There were no exceptionally difficult or unexpected questions asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was fortunate that they gave me more than I asked for and did not have to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

Met with hiring manager, no issues, asked the general questions. Was very friendly and kind.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in December 2009.

Interview

Phone interview plus 12+ interviews, 3-4 per day. People are clearly smart. Some interesting interview questions. Mostly standard fair.

Interview Questions

• Exact mechanism of current c++ exception handling as compared to previous implementations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations done through recruiter, easy that way. Guaranteed Bonus is a must, but hard to get now.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in August 2009.

Interview

I have been through 3 very good rounds and normally they have fixed up the next round within a few days of the first. After the last round, I have not heard anything for over a week now. Is this normal? Do they not tell the people if the person is not selected? Any feedback appreciated.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

My position requires a few years of working experience. The hiring process took a few months, from team leaders, other team heads and department heads. A written test was also needed, summarizing some reports and providing views on specific topics. The interview questions cover broad-based areas, not only the area that you are good at, so it is better to sharpen knowledge in your area and also extend to the relevant knowledge in other sectors.

Interview Questions

• To list research topics of interest without data support, but suggest ways to evaluate them.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Interview

Hiring conducted by expats who were interviewing in Hungary. They were looking primarily for strong English language skills and were clueless to the caliber of people they were hiring. Thus, people with multiple masters degrees in subjects like finance, economics and higher mathematics were hired to do data entry jobs in Operations.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever done anything unethical?   1 Answer