Morgan Stanley Wealth Management Interview Questions

Updated Jun 5, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Was referred by an employee, got a call a week later to set up an interview. The questions were simple, all behavioral. They asked me whether or not I had any experience with managing telephones. I assume that they were referring to cold calling, which I had not. It was a quick interview, about 15-20 minutes. Not much focus on the technical. Got an offer 3-4 weeks later.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Very relaxed interview process, mostly fit and behavioral questions. The interviewer was the head financial advisor of his group and he had one other member of his team with him as well. There were no technical questions involved with the interview process. I waited about 3 weeks later and got a phone call about an internship offer for the academic year.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

I received a phone call a couple weeks after submitting my resume. After a very brief phone conversation, we scheduled a meeting. The first meeting was with a group and it was brief and informational. The one-on-one interview was a week after.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the position? Are you able to work 15-20 hours a week during the school year?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (San Francisco, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

I was recommended through a friend. An FA contacted me via e-mail to set up a phone conversation. After the phone conversation, an in-person interview was set up. After an evaluation of my qualifications, they offered me the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

First round interview was a group interview/information session by the Senior Vice President. Told us to call back with our schedules and hours of availability. Got a call for a second round, then finally a third by the SVP again.

Wealth Management Interview

Interview

Tell me about yourself. Why should I hire you? What are your strengths and weaknesses? Why do you want to work at our company? What is the difference between confidence and over confidence? What is the difference between hard work and smart work? How do you feel about working nights and weekends? Can you work under pressure? Are you willing to relocate or travel? What are your goals? What motivates you to do good job? What makes you angry? Give me an example of your creativity. How long would you expect to work for us if hired? Are not you overqualified for this position? Describe your ideal company, location and job. What are your career options right now? Explain how would be an asset to this organization? What are your outside interests? Would you lie for the company? Who has inspired you in your life and why? What was the toughest decision you ever had to make? Have you considered starting your own business? How do you define success and how do you measure up to your own definition? If you won $10 million lottery, would you still work? Tell me something about our company. How much salary do you expect? Where do you see yourself five years from now? On a scale of one to ten, rate me as an interviewer. Do you have any questions for me?

Wealth Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Morgan Stanley in September 2011.

Interview

Initially phone interview, then a group interview on the next day. The hiring manager is patient and informative. He tried to explain in details what's the day to day work like and also answered most of the questions we had.