Morgan Wilshire Securities

Morgan Wilshire Securities Interview Questions

2.3

Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY

I applied through other source – interviewed at Morgan Wilshire Securities in May 2014.

Set up an interview after speaking to someone at firm, easy and professional. Wrote a bunch of questions out so can be prepared. Met with a guy for an interview. We covered the program pretty well i feel. Said to call him if i was interested. name was chris i think. seemed very busy, but took the time to answer my questions. Didn't understand everything. Think i'm gonna take it.

easy i guess

Trader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Morgan Wilshire Securities in April 2013.

Just went on an interview with the company president Mike Finnan.He asked a bunch of question about what I was looking for in my career. I felt that he had a genuine understanding of what I was looking for. Overall very professional place. I will look forward to working there.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think there was any real difficult question the Mr. Finnan gave me.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at Morgan Wilshire Securities in January 2013.

Went for an interview on a Tuesday morning it was very easy to set up. I met with one of the Brokers he explained to me in detail about the position and what my job would be. I felt that he was straight forward and gave me a fair discription of what would be expected.

Interview Questions
    • Where do I see myself in ten years. I had to laugh because I don't know where I will be tomorrow.   Answer Question

I hade decided that I wanted to go into the tech field.

Stockbroker Trainee Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Wilshire Securities in February 2010.

Called for an interview and was seen within a day or so. Very nice office and meet with a senior broker. He clearly explained what the trainee position was all about and the steps needed to become an effective broker within the company. All in all I thought things went rather well, broker told me they would call me back and set up my start date. Well after several call backs from me, I was starting to feel like I was getting the run around. Broker never called me back and the secretary was taking messages but no one was calling back. Can't say I was too happy with the results, a simple call back to say sorry we have gone a different way would have been good enough. Hope this review helps others out.

Interview Questions
    • How do I feel about taking 3 months out of my life to dedicate to the training program and getting licensed?   View Answer

Stock Broker Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Wilshire Securities in November 2009.

I applied for a posted position. I met with an associate of the company who conducted the interview. The interview was pretty easy and straightforward, just asking questions about your perceived strengths, weaknesses and work beliefs. The interview felt like it ended on a positive note. But what ended up happening was that they stalled and stalled and stalled and never got back to me even though the interviewer had stated that I would be starting in 2 weeks. Months passed and not a word.

Stockbroker Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westbury, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westbury, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Wilshire Securities in February 2008.

They have several brokers always hiring so the interview process will change all the time. The firm wants young white talent that is able to follow direction and listen to every word your sponsoring broker speaks. Not many questions will be asked. They will try to sell you on the firm and its products and training. At the end of the interview the firm will ask to you think about everything your heard and make a decision after 24 hours. If you are white and look half way decent you will land the job.

Interview Questions
    base pay is 300 a week, you get paid bi weekly, and once your a broker it's straight commission.

Trader Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Morgan Wilshire Securities in February 2011.

I went in for an interview on a Tuesday and spoke to one of the recruiters. I had a very good interview and they did contact me back, unfortunately I could not start do to a conflict with my schudule. I will be looking foward to start with them in the fall. i felt they where very professional but I only interviewed with them I have not worked there yet. Will let you know.

I think this company is fine. They have been around for a long time and they a local for me.