Morgans Hotel Group

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Digital Content Manager Interview

Digital Content Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Morgans Hotel Group.

Interview Details – Disorganized. Met with two people. Questions seemed all over the place. Not even sure they know what kind of person they are looking for. Mostly social focused. Looking to fill the position in the upcoming weeks.

Interview Question – How would you promote an event on social media?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Revenue Management Analyst (US-based) Interview

Revenue Management Analyst (US-based)
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Morgans Hotel Group in November 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online on the company's careers page and was contacted about a month later by the hiring manager. We scheduled a phone interview a week in advance, but on the day of the interview, the hiring manager called nearly two hours late. She asked rather simple questions and told me that she felt I would be a good candidate and that she would have the person who would be my supervisor continue the interview process. However, I never heard back from them. Overall, the process was handled in a very unprofessional manner.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, just basic questions about my background and why I was interested in Revenue Management.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Morgans Hotel Group.

Interview Details – My interview essentially did not happen. A 30 minute interview with the boss to be, followed by an uncomfortable tour of the hotel by someone completely new, was followed by a horrific interview in which the Director of HR asked me my opinion of Rape and asked me to discuss Jodi Foster's career. Nightmarish experience, I should have known it would only go downhill. The final test was an outsourced phone interview that was all behavioural based and ridiculously simplistic and in hindsight, terrifying that this was how they based their hiring. Worst HR experience I have had, and most others have heard of.

Interview Question – That would be when the Director of HR for the area asked me my opinion of female rape.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They met my salary request of 20% more than the initial offer.

Hostess Interview

Hostess

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Morgans Hotel Group.

Interview Details – long process; everyone goes through at least 5 interviews with different team members, all the way up to the GM of the hotel. then, there's more time required for background check, etc (my paperwork took almost 2 weeks to process)

Interview Question – describe a time that you challenged a supervisor.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't try to negotiate

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Morgans Hotel Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Morgans Hotel Group interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Morgans Hotel Group employees and interview candidates.