Morgans Hotel Group Interview Questions & Reviews

5 interviews

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Morgans Hotel Group in January 2013.

After about 3 interviews with about 6 different people, I was hired. The process was easy. It felt more like a conversation with new friends. What made it fun also was sitting in one of their fancy chairs.

Digital Content Manager Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Morgans Hotel Group.

Disorganized. Met with two people. Questions seemed all over the place. Not even sure they know what kind of person they are looking for. Mostly social focused. Looking to fill the position in the upcoming weeks.

Revenue Management Analyst (US-based) Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Morgans Hotel Group in November 2013.

I submitted my resume online on the company's careers page and was contacted about a month later by the hiring manager. We scheduled a phone interview a week in advance, but on the day of the interview, the hiring manager called nearly two hours late. She asked rather simple questions and told me that she felt I would be a good candidate and that she would have the person who would be my supervisor continue the interview process. However, I never heard back from them. Overall, the process was handled in a very unprofessional manner.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, just basic questions about my background and why I was interested in Revenue Management.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Morgans Hotel Group.

My interview essentially did not happen. A 30 minute interview with the boss to be, followed by an uncomfortable tour of the hotel by someone completely new, was followed by a horrific interview in which the Director of HR asked me my opinion of Rape and asked me to discuss Jodi Foster's career. Nightmarish experience, I should have known it would only go downhill. The final test was an outsourced phone interview that was all behavioural based and ridiculously simplistic and in hindsight, terrifying that this was how they based their hiring. Worst HR experience I have had, and most others have heard of.

Interview Questions
    • That would be when the Director of HR for the area asked me my opinion of female rape.   View Answer
    They met my salary request of 20% more than the initial offer.

Hostess Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Morgans Hotel Group.

long process; everyone goes through at least 5 interviews with different team members, all the way up to the GM of the hotel. then, there's more time required for background check, etc (my paperwork took almost 2 weeks to process)

Interview Questions
    I didn't try to negotiate

Worked for Morgans Hotel Group? Contribute to the Community!