Morneau Shepell Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.7

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Morneau Shepell (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

It was a fairly easy process. I had a telephone interview with the recruiter and then an interview with two people and then quite a bit of time went by and I had a 3rd interview with the department head and manager. In the telephone interview she was very helpful and gave me some tips for the in person interview. I used the job ad and made notes for how I met, exceeded or didn't meet, but had this instead all of the requirements. It worked very well. It was evident that my experience and knowledge was iimportant, but that my personality and how I would fit in played a large role.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a situation where two senior stakeholders had conflicting opinions what they wanted for a project.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Morneau Shepell (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone call 2 weeks later. Phone interview was smooth, not technical at all. Just some situations and behavioral questions. Another week and I had a face to face interview. Hiring manager super nice, asked me some common questions such as where do you want to be in 5 years followed by technical live situation questions. Fast and sweet a process that every company should follow!

Interview Questions

• What PM methodology do you use and why do you think it's effective to your job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not a lot of room for negotiations but company tried to accommodate most of my requests!

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Morneau Shepell (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

A very disorganized company that should know better since it's in the "HR" business; one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing; too many silos and too many chiefs and not enough Indians - was scheduled for an "interview" but at the last minute it was cancelled...turns out the hiring manager was already interviewing candidates on their own obviously without HR's input....don't waste your time interviewing at this company

Interview Questions

• Most difficult....never got a chance to even discuss any questions......   Answer Question

Coordinator Hourly Accounts Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Morneau Shepell (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Received a phone call by HR, asked generic interview questions, what do you know about us, why are you the best fit, your skills and attributes, experience etc. multi-tasking etc. They really wanted to know your excel skills. Did a prelim interview on the phone and had to go and do a face to face interview. They had a test at the end to see if you have the necessary skillsets they require of you.

Interview Questions

I wanted a bigger salary

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Morneau Shepell (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

2 interviews with director and manager. They talk about their system and you need to remember this for next round.

Negotiation

no negociation

Benefits Consultant Interview

Application

Interview

Two interviews, both seemed to go well, but I froze on the test

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Morneau Shepell in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted about a week later by telephone. This turned into a telephone interview and I was asked to come in for an in-person interview early the next day. So early that the reception area was locked and my interview began soon after the office opened. The HR person who spoke to me over the phone took me directly to the hiring manager's office. The HM scanned my resume (for the first time I think) while telling me about the job and what the duties would be. I told him what my experience and skills were. The HR person never met with me again to see me out or sit down with me at all.

Pension Analyst Co Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Morneau Shepell (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

It was from campus recruiting. I had a phone interview with one of their HR first, and then about after 3 days, they arranged another in-person interview with the client managers in Toronto.

Pension Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Morneau Shepell.

Interview

Phone interview - Asked me if I had experience in pension/benefits. Said I have no real work experience, just courses through school. Then interviewer told me why did I apply for job if I didn't have any. Told person I want to gain experience in the pension industry and was able to learn it in the job. Interviewer told me in a rude way they are looking for someone with experience, not someone like me. Checked job description after interview, only said knowledge of pension an asset. Overall the interviewer should check his/her attitude and professionalism. He/She should have also known I had no pension background through my resume.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Morneau Shepell.

Interview

Two interviews. You need at least 2 SOA exams to get an interview, and work experience or a dazzling GPA and school and evidence you are bright and diligent. All the other candidates are as well, so standing out is tough.

Interview Questions

• Expect a written and spreadsheet assignment as part of the interview process to test your skills.   Answer Question