Morneau Shepell

Updated Dec 4, 2014

2.6

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Morneau Shepell in November 2014.

A very disorganized company that should know better since it's in the "HR" business; one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing; too many silos and too many chiefs and not enough Indians - was scheduled for an "interview" but at the last minute it was cancelled...turns out the hiring manager was already interviewing candidates on their own obviously without HR's input....don't waste your time interviewing at this company

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult....never got a chance to even discuss any questions......   Answer Question

Coordinator Hourly Accounts Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Morneau Shepell.

Received a phone call by HR, asked generic interview questions, what do you know about us, why are you the best fit, your skills and attributes, experience etc. multi-tasking etc. They really wanted to know your excel skills. Did a prelim interview on the phone and had to go and do a face to face interview. They had a test at the end to see if you have the necessary skillsets they require of you.

Interview Questions

I wanted a bigger salary

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Morneau Shepell.

2 interviews with director and manager. They talk about their system and you need to remember this for next round.

no negociation

Benefits Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Morneau Shepell.

Two interviews, both seemed to go well, but I froze on the test

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Morneau Shepell in January 2014.

I applied online and was contacted about a week later by telephone. This turned into a telephone interview and I was asked to come in for an in-person interview early the next day. So early that the reception area was locked and my interview began soon after the office opened. The HR person who spoke to me over the phone took me directly to the hiring manager's office. The HM scanned my resume (for the first time I think) while telling me about the job and what the duties would be. I told him what my experience and skills were. The HR person never met with me again to see me out or sit down with me at all.

Pension Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Morneau Shepell.

Phone interview - Asked me if I had experience in pension/benefits. Said I have no real work experience, just courses through school. Then interviewer told me why did I apply for job if I didn't have any. Told person I want to gain experience in the pension industry and was able to learn it in the job. Interviewer told me in a rude way they are looking for someone with experience, not someone like me. Checked job description after interview, only said knowledge of pension an asset. Overall the interviewer should check his/her attitude and professionalism. He/She should have also known I had no pension background through my resume.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Morneau Shepell.

Two interviews. You need at least 2 SOA exams to get an interview, and work experience or a dazzling GPA and school and evidence you are bright and diligent. All the other candidates are as well, so standing out is tough.

Interview Questions
    • Expect a written and spreadsheet assignment as part of the interview process to test your skills.   Answer Question

Sales Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Morneau Shepell.

Rigorous and long

Simple and straightforward

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Morneau Shepell in May 2012.

- Tell them about your experience and relate how this will benefit Morneau.
    - Talk about how their skills will benefit Morneau
    - Show willingness to learn new things
    - Talk about work- life balance and how that is important to you
    - know about the company so you can talk about that in your interview

Tough.

Pension Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Morneau Shepell in March 2012.

Interviewed on campus, part of co op hiring process, applied online through university website. Then interviewed by two people in person. After that, offer follows

No negotiation