Morrison & Foerster Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2014
Updated Aug 28, 2014

2.9

Scientific Analyst Interview

interviewed at Morrison & Foerster in August 2014.

The Telephone interview was fairly straight. A senior patent agent interviewed me and asked about my technical qualifications. Very pleasant all in all. Will see if I get the offer for an in person interview.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Morrison & Foerster.

Had a 30 min phone interview with HR from SF. After the phone interview I received an email that the NY office wanted to interview me. After my first interview, I received an email that they wanted me to come in and meet the team

Interview Questions
    • On the phone interview I was asked what my three weaknesses are and how I overcame them. It is hard enough to think of one but three was pretty difficult to answer.   Answer Question
    I should have negotiated but I accepted the offer on the spot.

Support Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Morrison & Foerster.

I made it to one phone call.

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Morrison & Foerster.

On-campus interview, followed by in-office interviews with 3 partners and 3 senior associates.

Patent Analyst Interview

It takes a long time.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Morrison & Foerster in January 2012.

After I applied for the position through the Firm's website, everything was all fairly straight forward. The recruiter contacted me for a quick phone chat and then the recruiter set up several other rounds of interviews with members of the marketing team. After I completed the last round of interviews, I waited approximately two weeks until I e-mailed the recruiter asking for an update. The recruiter responded and said it would be a few more weeks until any decisions were made. Fast forward almost two months later, I get an e-mail from the recruiter apologizing for the delay but they chose to pursue other candidates. The problem is, I have since received another job offer and taken it so if the Firm was going to present me an offer, it would have been too late. I understand hiring takes time but this was a bit on the absurd side.

Patent Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Morrison & Foerster in August 2011.

Had a half-day interview with several associates and one partner. Very friendly, easy process.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think will be the impact of the AIA on small businesses?   View Answer

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Morrison & Foerster in November 2010.

I received an email from HR to set up a phone interview which was shortly followed up by a 1:1 interview. A second interview was scheduled within 3 weeks. The interviews seemed to go fine. Everyone was nice. It seems like a good place to work. They asked basic interview questions.

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Morrison & Foerster in August 2010.

This is a very detailed process and can take some time to get hired here, but it is worth the wait. They are very thorough in background checks. I had two interviews before obtaining an offer of employment.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate anything.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Morrison & Foerster in October 2009.

People are generally friendly and easy to talk with. Interviews are set up very well which makes the process less stressful on the interviewee.

Interview Questions
    • If you found a serious mistake that a co-worker made, how would you handle it?   View Answer
    reasonable