Morton Salt Interview Questions

2.6

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fairport Harbor, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairport Harbor, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Morton Salt.

Morton Salt interviewed at my college and also put on an interview prep class which I attended. I originally was not scheduled for an interview, but was desperate for a job and went to the prep class. I came early and spoke to the instructor who was also the HR Manager for the corporation. It turned out he was an old coal miner and I had just finished my co-op at a mine in West Virginia. We hit it off and he offered me an interview on the spot. I had no idea salt even came from underground mines. Previous experience, a degree, and willingness to learn are very important to engineering positions at Morton Salt.

Interview Questions
    New hires out of school, at that time, had no chance of negotiation. I believe this still holds true. Morton is pretty set in their ways.

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Morton Salt.

Phone interview went well then flew to the site and was interviewed by a group of 4. Interview at corporate was cold and unfriendly. I felt like she was trying to trip me up the whole time. No one returned my calls and I never heard back.

Interview Questions
    • Very technical questions relating to reliability engineering.   Answer Question

Contracted Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Morton Salt in September 2011.

They hired me as a contracted employee, and promised I would get hired after the season. They interview was awesome, it was deceitful.

it was contract, they promised to hire me after the season. I was there a year, the just piled loads of work on me after the season.

Financial Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Morton Salt in November 2010.

The majority of the communication that took place was between HR and myself in which a phone interview was conducted. It was not very job specific but was offered to come in for a one on one interview with the hiring manager. I came in the following week and was not there very long at all. The interview with the hiring manager was very simple and easy and an interview like no other I have experienced before. The hiring manager informed me in the beginning that she was new to the process of interviewing or it had been a long time; she seemed nervous and barely asked me any questions. To my surprise, HR called me later that week offering me the job.

Interview Questions
    The offer was an offer I did not feel needed to be negotiated. They do compensate fairly and are generous.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Morton Salt in February 2010.

applied online for the role. the was never a phone screener just communication via email that led to the in person interview at the downtown chicago office. met with the finance manager and finance director for the group. they were in a rush as it was during the month in close process. it was a group interview where the finance manager was nice and welcoming but the director was distinctly cold and unfriendly. they asked about my background and the director consistently questioned my intelligence rolled his eyes crossed his arms and so on. completely unprofessional. of course we never spoke again. the one thing i learned is the benefit a phone interviews from the candidate side. had i spoken to the hiring personel i could've potentially saved a PTO day that i wasted on this mess

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Morton Salt in January 2010.

Initial phone interview screen test with HR, 1:1 interview with hiring manager and division CFO of 1 hour each

Interview Questions
    • What type of financial reports have you developed   View Answer

Engineering Interview

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Morton Salt in May 2010.

Initial phone interview then brought out to site for an interview with 3 managers/ upper employees. Final 1:1 interview. The interview was your basic tell a time you succeeded and so on and why do you want to work here. They were very slow at responding and after the 3rd interview did not respond to calls or emails for over 1 month which was disappointing..

Interview Questions
    • General interview questions asked for most entry level (2-4 yr experience) jobs.   Answer Question

Quality Control Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Morton Salt in March 2009.

interview with HR, then
    supervisor and then iq tests

Interview Questions

Worked for Morton Salt? Contribute to the Community!