Moss Adams LLP Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2015

2.6

Summer Leadership Conference Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Moss Adams LLP.

Interview

It was a group interview with the campus recruiter and her manager. The interview was very conversational and relaxed. They basically just want to see whether you will fit into and get along with them and to be able to join their conversation about basically anything. They talked about their firm and asked me what I look for in a firm. Overall a very great experience!

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Moss Adams LLP (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by my campus recruiter and one of his colleagues; both very fun and easy to talk to. Asked a few behavioral questions from my resume but mostly talked about interests we had in common. First asked about weightlifting (listed in my interests on my resume), which led to a general discussion about fitness, which led to talking about my passion for the environment and community service, etc. The more formal questions included "Why Moss Adams?" "Why this program?" etc.

Internal Audit Interview

Interview

Applied through career service center. 30 min phone interview with HR. Basic behavioral questions. Heard that night about second round in office interview. Consisted of 4 30 min interviews. All behavioral. One networking dinner. Got the offer within 2 weeks

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time at your previous job when you had a conflict and how did you solve it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Moss Adams LLP (Tacoma, WA).

Interview

Campus Recruiting Process

Interviewed on campus for 1st round with HR staff. The interview felt very relaxed and conversational however I feel I was expected to be more professional. The HR staff is personable and approachable. Long recruiting process wherein networking is important. Attend as much social and professional events as possible to increase "face time." "Fit" is also important.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Moss Adams LLP.

Interview

I applied through a university. The on campus interview was 30 minutes with a partner. That same week I heard that I was selected for second round interviews. They have a few selections for date or time. The office interview included a free lunch, which gave you the opportunity to speak and socialize with staff from both audit and tax. The group was then split in two, half attending a presentation while the other half had three 30 minute, back to back interviews with partners and senior managers, switching afterward. You are then free to leave with a nice gift. Questions for both interviews were largely behavioral and gave you the opportunity to ask a lot of questions yourself. I heard back from them the following week.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Moss Adams LLP (Seattle, WA) in November 2014.

Interview

Great group of individuals. Had initial phone interview with recruiter. Called in for interview the following week. Interviewed by 4 employees. Called back the next day to set up 2nd round interviews with the partners. Interviewed by 6 partners. Typical questions. This would have been a GREAT opportunity but accepted an offer with another company before Moss Adams had a chance to reconvene and come to their decision.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle conflicts among personalities within the office?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Moss Adams LLP.

Interview

Had an initial telephone interview with a recruiter, then was invited to an in person interview. The process took about two to three weeks. Staff members were warm and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions such as what are your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Moss Adams LLP in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process consisted of three stages: screening call with HR, phone interview with the hiring managers and then a four plus hour on-site successive interview scrum with seven key stakeholders, including the hiring managers. The interviewee sits in a conference room while the interviewers cycle in and out. They were interviewing another candidate on that day and seemed rushed. Plus I could hear them discussing the other candidate as they walked towards the room I was in.

Consistently heard its a big job, difficult, the last person struggled etc. throughout from all interviewers. Questions are fairly standard, and because each person interviews you separately, you get asked the same question several times. About half of the interviewers talked more than they listened, which used up most of the interview time for those sessions. Some of the interviewers picked my brain on different measurement methodologies (I was a business consultant prior) and I gladly shared.

Although my skills and experience exceed the demands of the position, I decided during the process that it was not a good fit for me. The best way I can describe this experience is that the culture is emotionally flat. Only one person I met seemed excited to be there, which is usually a bad sign. Everyone talked about challenges and no one said they loved working there. Everyone was cordial, but there was no joy.

But here's the worst thing. I interviewed on my birthday, and it took the whole day on a Friday (10-5). The HR recruiter, who was selling me hard on the position, said they would get back to me by the following Tuesday. That was three weeks ago and I still have heard nothing. It's no big deal that they aren't making an offer, but it's really unprofessional to use a candidate's time that way and not take 30 seconds to follow up.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Moss Adams LLP.

Interview

It was an easy interview. The interview consisted of mostly behavioral questions. Know what industry you want to work in. Also, know why you want to work in audit or tax. Be positive about the process. Try to meet as many people in the office you are applying to before your interview because they like that a lot.

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time someone asked you do something unethical?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

I applied through university website. The first round interview was took place on campus. It was about half an hour. The partner just asked some basic behavioral question and went over the resume.