Moss Adams LLP Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2014
Updated Aug 29, 2014

2.6

Winter Tax Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Moss Adams LLP in November 2012.

In the year prior to submitting my application online, I made contact with several people in the office. After submitting the application, I was selected for a phone interview. The second round of interviews took place in the office and consisted of three one-on-one interviews with partners and senior managers, lunch with a staff and a senior, and an optional evening reception with all the candidates and numerous employees and partners.
    The whole process was very businesslike and professional but not intimidating. I felt very comfortable with everyone involved in the process as well as with what I saw of the office culture.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Moss Adams LLP in May 2014.

The Manager/Supervisor I met with was arrogant and had a horrible attitude. She asked condescending questions and kept telling me what I would need to be doing. We talked a bit about marketing, and I mentioned how it's so important to stay on top of the new apps or trends in online marketing these days. She says "Oh you won't have time to do that because you'll have DEADLINES." Like she was already upset with me and I don't even work for her yet. She tried to stress me out about the position and how important it was. I never stress, and never panic, so she was getting frustrated. I will never work for that woman.

Interview Questions
    • "Your interview was schedule for Tuesday, and you moved it to Wednesday, why did you make that change?"   View Answer

Help Desk Technician Interview

Applied through a Contractor Company. The Contractor was not the most helpful, but once I was in the position that ceased to be an issue. I was hired 'Full Time' about a year after working at Moss Adams. I received a small raise for being onboarded.

Assurance Staff Interview

I applied online and received call to go in for an interview within 2 day. I then had 4 interviews back to back in 1 day. They were very quick to decide, which is a big plus, I received my offer letter within 3 business days after the interview. Over all the hiring and interviewing process was very efficient and painless. I wouldn't recommend going through staffing agency.

Winter Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Everett, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Moss Adams LLP in October 2013.

I went through college recruiting and applied to a tax staff position on their website. I flew in for a social event where you are in a room with partners and senior managers and 30+ other students. The interview was held on the next day. There are four 30-minute interviews with partners/managers (you will meet one at a time) and a chat session/office tour with another partner/manager. After that, you will wait for a week or so to hear from them.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected question; I got general interview questions. You just need to be able to chat comfortably and have fun. They will probably ask what you like to do outside of work.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Moss Adams LLP in October 2011.

Standard public accounting interview process. Brought in for a couple interviews, come back for a lunch with another round of intereviews

Interview Questions
    • Nothing jumped out as being unexpected or difficult, it was all standard HR kind of stuff 'tell me about a time when...'   View Answer
    There is no negotiate. here is your offer, take it or leave it

Senior Auditor Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Moss Adams LLP.

The interview process was not a typical interview. There were not really any questions about what I did or situations I had experienced in the past. The interview was about getting to understand the firm and the position and determining if I was a good fit for the firm and the firm was a good fit for me. Overall, the interview was one of the better more relaxed interviews I have been on. The interview lasted four hours and involved 7 individuals, but was very informal and pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any real questions in the interview. It was a conversation and dialogue to gauge interest and understanding about the position.   Answer Question

Received another offer at the same time that I felt I needed to accept in order to reach my career goals at the time. If I had not received the other offer I would have accepted the offer from Moss Adams. The people truly were very friendly and great to meet with.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Moss Adams LLP in January 2013.

Met with a panel of admin peeps. They attempted to get the job duties across. Met with a bunch of partners who embellished the job and made it sound promosing.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions, it was easy-peasy   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Moss Adams LLP.

On campus interviews, then second round in the office. Generally very nice, somewhat disorganized in communicating with candidates about travel and reimbursement for expenses. In house interview was a presentation and 3 interviews and an in house lunch. Gave the offer early and the deadline to accept (with an extension) was before inhouse interviews ended with other competing accounting firms, this puts candidates in an awkward position

Interview Questions
    • Make sure to have a lot of questions to ask the partners. I had an entire interview where all they wanted was for me to ask questions. No technical questions or behavioral questions. Just went over the resume and wanted to know about CPA. Again, have a lot of questions.   Answer Question

Tax Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Campbell, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Moss Adams LLP in January 2013.

The silicon valley office was actually acquired and therefore I wasn't interviewed, we were absorbed and there were no issues during the transition.

Interview Questions

Worked for Moss Adams LLP? Contribute to the Community!