Moss Adams LLP Interview Questions in Seattle, WA

Updated Jun 1, 2015

2.6

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Moss Adams LLP (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews. First was a Skype interview with a recruiting manager. Second, was an interview with a manager and was finally flown out to the location for an onsite interview.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Moss Adams LLP (Seattle, WA) in November 2014.

Interview

Great group of individuals. Had initial phone interview with recruiter. Called in for interview the following week. Interviewed by 4 employees. Called back the next day to set up 2nd round interviews with the partners. Interviewed by 6 partners. Typical questions. This would have been a GREAT opportunity but accepted an offer with another company before Moss Adams had a chance to reconvene and come to their decision.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle conflicts among personalities within the office?   Answer Question

Tax Accounting Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Moss Adams LLP (Seattle, WA).

Interview

They did a lunch for the candidates, then the next day was interviews. Quicker than most accounting firms, but pretty standard. The people who worked there seemed really laid back and like they had a good working relationship to each other. Didn't feel nearly as stressful as the other accounting firms had their internship process.

Interview Questions

• Something along the lines of "I believe that you take experience from every job. What experience did you take from this one?" The interviewer then choose my weakest job that I had mostly just put to fill up space on my resume.   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Moss Adams LLP (Seattle, WA).

Interview

campus interview with Partner

Interview Questions

• All traditional question, like why public auditing, why MA   Answer Question

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Moss Adams LLP (Seattle, WA) in November 2011.

Interview

Recruiter was amazing, met with three long time employees and they let me call someone who would have been my direct report and do an informational. They seemed very conservative and not open to expanding their biggest opportunities for growth, their CEO and President seemed like good, solid guys without a great handle on how to grow their business further besides doing their core Tax and Audit. They are all very high character people at the firm that I met, and I think their cutlure is not great, but their offices are beautiful.

Tax Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Moss Adams LLP (Seattle, WA) in October 2011.

Interview

Great on-campus recruiting. The events were really fun and Moss Adams staff tend to feel more down-to-earth and approachable than other firms. First round interviews were on campus and second rounds were awesome - the only firm to have a business casual dress code for interviews. Make sure to network beforehand to secure second-round interviews - as with any public accounting firm its all about getting someone to vouch for you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Attempted to negotiate salary without success.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Moss Adams LLP (Seattle, WA) in April 2010.

Interview

I had lunch with members of firm management and had an in-person interview with three members of senior management a few weeks later. The process was, overall, very relaxed and I appreciated that greatly.

I was given numerous opportunities to discuss aspects of the position with different managers and to discuss the true issues associated with the firm from their perspective. Overall I think the firm is and will continue to be an excellent place to work either at the staff or manager level.

Interview Questions

• All questions were general and related to the position and growth prospects of the firm and practice.   Answer Question

I had significant commitments in place with my current employer on which I could not renege. I like Moss Adams and urge any Big 4 accountant to give them a look when considering a move.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Moss Adams LLP (Seattle, WA) in August 2009.

Interview

Very polite and formal interview process. Great company that treats people well. Interestingly, it wasn't very representative of the job it self. Although, the job is good. This is a low stress environment. A company that is growing but does not want to acknowledge it. Somewhat like Seattle itself: "If you don't build it, they won't come."
    It is very interesting how the company wants to grow but does not want to invest in the organization.

The interview process was very, very long. Prepare to wait and wait and wait. No one is in a hurry to fill a position.

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Moss Adams LLP (Seattle, WA) in July 2008.

Interview

The process was slowed by extenuating circumstance on the part of the hiring manager but otherwise, it was a very positive interview process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate much other than my salary. I ended up at the top end of my position's range because of the salary I was coming from and ended up with a bit of a target on my back since I was the highest paid person in my role...I'd have been better to take a slight pay cut and not be looked at as the expensive person.

Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Moss Adams LLP (Seattle, WA) in January 2008.

Interview

College fair and then on-site with 3 members of management.

Interview Questions

• Provide a recent example of when it was difficult to be within a team and how the issue was resolved.   Answer Question
    • Why Moss Adams over a competing firm   Answer Question

Negotiation

Give and take...not much flexibility on PTO or Bonuses.