Moss Adams LLP

2.4

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Moss Adams LLP.

Campus Recruiting Process

Interviewed on campus for 1st round with HR staff. The interview felt very relaxed and conversational however I feel I was expected to be more professional. The HR staff is personable and approachable. Long recruiting process wherein networking is important. Attend as much social and professional events as possible to increase "face time." "Fit" is also important.

Other Interview Reviews for Moss Adams LLP

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Moss Adams LLP.

I applied through a university. The on campus interview was 30 minutes with a partner. That same week I heard that I was selected for second round interviews. They have a few selections for date or time. The office interview included a free lunch, which gave you the opportunity to speak and socialize with staff from both audit and tax. The group was then split in two, half attending a presentation while the other half had three 30 minute, back to back interviews with partners and senior managers, switching afterward. You are then free to leave with a nice gift. Questions for both interviews were largely behavioral and gave you the opportunity to ask a lot of questions yourself. I heard back from them the following week.

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied through university website. The first round interview was took place on campus. It was about half an hour. The partner just asked some basic behavioral question and went over the resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Moss Adams LLP in October 2014.

I got invited to second round with Moss Adams. Overall interview was not hard at all. There were 3 sessions meeting with partner and manager each. They asked just general questions with a little bit of emphasis on teamwork and leadership ability. Interview followed with a social to meet other candidates and other staff. Social was awesome, more informal and relax, but they definitely were looking at you how you interact with people and see if you fit their firm.

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Moss Adams LLP.

On campus interviews, then second round in the office. Generally very nice, somewhat disorganized in communicating with candidates about travel and reimbursement for expenses. In house interview was a presentation and 3 interviews and an in house lunch. Gave the offer early and the deadline to accept (with an extension) was before inhouse interviews ended with other competing accounting firms, this puts candidates in an awkward position

Interview Questions
    • Make sure to have a lot of questions to ask the partners. I had an entire interview where all they wanted was for me to ask questions. No technical questions or behavioral questions. Just went over the resume and wanted to know about CPA. Again, have a lot of questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Moss Adams LLP in October 2012.

The interview process consisted of an on-campus interview and in-office interviews.

On-campus: 30 minute Interview with a partner on campus. The questions were strictly behavioral and we spent sometime chatting about my resume then concluded with questions for the interviewer.

In-office interview: Went out to breakfast with 4 staff members(1st year staff-manager) and then interviewed with 4 partners for 30 minutes each. The interviews were straightforward and focused on my resume and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Moss Adams?   View Answer
    I applied for this job during Fall Recruiting and since it is so competitive among candidates, there is not much room for negotiations. It's either take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Napa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Napa, CA

interviewed at Moss Adams LLP in September 2012.

This office was fairly new at the time and the new CPA requirements were the biggest news, requiring 150 semester credits in the coming year. There were 2 other candidates and they had us rotate through the 4 partners in 30-minute increments. In the end, the interview didn't weigh as much in value. Their biggest concern was the amount of educational credit hours that each candidate had. In the end, they picked the candidate that was closest to 150 semester hours. I had about 130 at the time. It's understandable but it was still very disheartening.

Note: Grades are not a big concern either. This is expected but I know some recent graduates may worry about this.

Interview Questions
    • Each partner seemed to ask about preference between tax or audit and other standard interview questions. However, one of the partners did ask which winery was my favorite in the area.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Moss Adams LLP in November 2011.

I applied through campus recruiting. The first interview took place on campus two weeks after my application was submitted. Two weeks later, I was invited to the second interview, which was at their main office. It was about four hours long started with a brief presentation about the firm, and followed by four 1:1 interviews with managers, senior managers, and partners. A post-interview social event was hosted to give candidates a chance to meet other people at the firm. Overall, everyone was very nice and friendly and the interview process is well-organized.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Moss Adams LLP in October 2011.

Standard public accounting interview process. Brought in for a couple interviews, come back for a lunch with another round of intereviews

Interview Questions
    • Nothing jumped out as being unexpected or difficult, it was all standard HR kind of stuff 'tell me about a time when...'   View Answer
    There is no negotiate. here is your offer, take it or leave it

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Moss Adams LLP in October 2010.

Started with small team interviews on campus and ended with an in-office interview meeting with 4-5 partners. There were three round of interviews total which spanned over 3 weeks. A partner called to let me know that I had been accepted and that an offer letter would be coming through the mail shortly. The Company recruiter followed up to ensure that I was satisfied with the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly just talked about the overall culture of the company & what I was expecting from my career.   Answer Question