Moss Adams LLP Staff Accountant Interview Questions

2.3

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Moss Adams LLP in October 2011.

Standard public accounting interview process. Brought in for a couple interviews, come back for a lunch with another round of intereviews

Interview Questions
  • Nothing jumped out as being unexpected or difficult, it was all standard HR kind of stuff 'tell me about a time when...'   View Answer
There is no negotiate. here is your offer, take it or leave it

Other Interview Reviews for Moss Adams LLP

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Moss Adams LLP.

On campus interviews, then second round in the office. Generally very nice, somewhat disorganized in communicating with candidates about travel and reimbursement for expenses. In house interview was a presentation and 3 interviews and an in house lunch. Gave the offer early and the deadline to accept (with an extension) was before inhouse interviews ended with other competing accounting firms, this puts candidates in an awkward position

Interview Questions
    • Make sure to have a lot of questions to ask the partners. I had an entire interview where all they wanted was for me to ask questions. No technical questions or behavioral questions. Just went over the resume and wanted to know about CPA. Again, have a lot of questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Napa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Napa, CA

interviewed at Moss Adams LLP in September 2012.

This office was fairly new at the time and the new CPA requirements were the biggest news, requiring 150 semester credits in the coming year. There were 2 other candidates and they had us rotate through the 4 partners in 30-minute increments. In the end, the interview didn't weigh as much in value. Their biggest concern was the amount of educational credit hours that each candidate had. In the end, they picked the candidate that was closest to 150 semester hours. I had about 130 at the time. It's understandable but it was still very disheartening.

Note: Grades are not a big concern either. This is expected but I know some recent graduates may worry about this.

Interview Questions
    • Each partner seemed to ask about preference between tax or audit and other standard interview questions. However, one of the partners did ask which winery was my favorite in the area.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Moss Adams LLP in August 2010.

Resume was submitted by a senior manager of another office to them.I then interviewed with 3 different people, each for 30 minutes and the third one was with the managing partner.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really hard- each interviewer asked different questions but all were about me or from my resume. No questions were hard/tricky/unexpected or testing your knowledge.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate because I needed a job and the salary seemed fair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Moss Adams LLP in October 2012.

The interview process consisted of an on-campus interview and in-office interviews.

On-campus: 30 minute Interview with a partner on campus. The questions were strictly behavioral and we spent sometime chatting about my resume then concluded with questions for the interviewer.

In-office interview: Went out to breakfast with 4 staff members(1st year staff-manager) and then interviewed with 4 partners for 30 minutes each. The interviews were straightforward and focused on my resume and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Moss Adams?   View Answer
    I applied for this job during Fall Recruiting and since it is so competitive among candidates, there is not much room for negotiations. It's either take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Moss Adams LLP in November 2011.

I applied through campus recruiting. The first interview took place on campus two weeks after my application was submitted. Two weeks later, I was invited to the second interview, which was at their main office. It was about four hours long started with a brief presentation about the firm, and followed by four 1:1 interviews with managers, senior managers, and partners. A post-interview social event was hosted to give candidates a chance to meet other people at the firm. Overall, everyone was very nice and friendly and the interview process is well-organized.

Staff Accountant Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Moss Adams LLP in May 2009.

A friendly HR rep called me to set up a phone interview for the following week. I Briefly toured the facilitiy and this was followed with a 30 minute 1:1. Questions were basic behavioral questions, "Where do you plan to be in 5 years" , why would you want to work for our company, etc.

Staff Accountant Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Moss Adams LLP in January 2008.

Met them through college recruiting events. They are overall very laid-back and friendly individual. However, there is a specific type of personality they are looking for, so their hiring process wasn't necessary based on your grades and ability to learn, but on how good you'll fit into the culture of the company.

Interview Questions

Worked for Moss Adams LLP? Contribute to the Community!