Motel 6 Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2014
Updated Jul 20, 2014

2.1

Housekeeping Interview

Just Go in and apply there really is not that much to it.. they are always looking for help because people are always quiting. I think that should atleast tell ya something. The management is always late and pays for family trips with company money.. and some employees are allowed to live there as payment and some of them dont even recieve paycheck..

Interview Questions
    • If you find anything in the rooms .. you are aloud to keep it..as long as its not electronical   Answer Question

Guest Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Motel 6.

Interview will vary on manager but if done right, it will be primarily be a conversation. You need to be able to talk, be friendly, and hold appropriate small talk. Thats what managers should be looking for. Questions will range from experience with difficult customers, times you had to make a quick decision on your own, etc. Nothing too stressful.

Interview Questions
    • None really - just be ready for the generic tough questions like weaknesses, time you broke a rule for a customer, etc.   Answer Question
    Pay was minimum wage, no discusion. Amount of hours was debatable.

GSR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belmont, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belmont, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Motel 6.

filled application in person
    got a call after 2 days
    scheduled an interview
    one on one interview with shift manager
    asked question about my past work experience and experience in customer service
    gave me scenarios and how would i react to that
    i went well prepared
    answered all the questions calmly with a smile
    went home
    got a call later that night
    got the job

Interview Questions
    • past experience
      customer service
      how to deal with angry guests
      how will you resolve a conflict
        View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cross Lanes, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cross Lanes, WV

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Motel 6 in April 2014.

Attended the Motel 6 locations Recruiting Open House. Filled out an application and waited to be interviewed. Interviewed and offered position.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Very casual interview questions about availability and past experience.   Answer Question
    None

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Motel 6 in August 2011.

Somewhat easy interview. Was basically asked about my background and previous work experience. Most important factors are if you are willing to work and you're availability.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, WV

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Motel 6 in April 2010.

it was ok he asked about my past experience and that was it

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jeffersonville, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jeffersonville, IN

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Motel 6 in September 2009.

Turn in application got called in for interview got hired

Interview Questions
    Once turn in application call in about it after a few days and see if the manager has look at it and if they haven't or haven't had the time repeat every 2 days

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Motel 6 in August 2009.

started with a motel 6 job fair. had interview on spot, got a phone call soon after and had second interview. Was offered job shortly afterwards. The interview was very short, and not very descriptive of the job. Was an interview for a brand new motel 6 concept. Was stated very early in the interview that no one was going to get above the base rate for the position, no matter their qualifications. I liked the straightforward nature of the management team, but a little more description and possibly even a more thorough interview would have been nice.

Interview Questions
    • name one situation where you couldnt please an angry guest, how did you handle the situation? please note that stating that you have never had a guest leave unhappy is not an option   View Answer
    no negotiation whatsoever

Receptionist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Motel 6 in February 2009.

One on one interview. Very easy.

G M Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Motel 6 in January 2009.

it was easy they were lucky to have me