Motel 6

9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Guest Service Representative Interview

Guest Service Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Motel 6.

Interview Details – Interview will vary on manager but if done right, it will be primarily be a conversation. You need to be able to talk, be friendly, and hold appropriate small talk. Thats what managers should be looking for. Questions will range from experience with difficult customers, times you had to make a quick decision on your own, etc. Nothing too stressful.

Interview Question – None really - just be ready for the generic tough questions like weaknesses, time you broke a rule for a customer, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay was minimum wage, no discusion. Amount of hours was debatable.

GSR Interview

GSR
Belmont, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Motel 6.

Interview Details – filled application in person
got a call after 2 days
scheduled an interview
one on one interview with shift manager
asked question about my past work experience and experience in customer service
gave me scenarios and how would i react to that
i went well prepared
answered all the questions calmly with a smile
went home
got a call later that night
got the job

Interview Question – past experience
customer service
how to deal with angry guests
how will you resolve a conflict
  View Answer

Housekeeping Interview

Housekeeping
Cross Lanes, WV

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Motel 6 in April 2014.

Interview Details – Attended the Motel 6 locations Recruiting Open House. Filled out an application and waited to be interviewed. Interviewed and offered position.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Very casual interview questions about availability and past experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Auditor Interview

Auditor
Jeffersonville, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Motel 6 in September 2009.

Interview Details – Turn in application got called in for interview got hired

Interview Question – What is your favorite super hero   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Once turn in application call in about it after a few days and see if the manager has look at it and if they haven't or haven't had the time repeat every 2 days

Receptionist Interview

Receptionist

I applied in-person and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Motel 6 in February 2009.

Interview Details – One on one interview. Very easy.

Negotiation Details – NO

Front Desk Interview

Front Desk
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Motel 6 in August 2011.

Interview Details – Somewhat easy interview. Was basically asked about my background and previous work experience. Most important factors are if you are willing to work and you're availability.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Housekeeping Interview

Housekeeping
Charleston, WV

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Motel 6 in April 2010.

Interview Details – it was ok he asked about my past experience and that was it

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Guest Service Representative Interview

Guest Service Representative
Fort Worth, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Motel 6 in August 2009.

Interview Details – started with a motel 6 job fair. had interview on spot, got a phone call soon after and had second interview. Was offered job shortly afterwards. The interview was very short, and not very descriptive of the job. Was an interview for a brand new motel 6 concept. Was stated very early in the interview that no one was going to get above the base rate for the position, no matter their qualifications. I liked the straightforward nature of the management team, but a little more description and possibly even a more thorough interview would have been nice.

Interview Question – name one situation where you couldnt please an angry guest, how did you handle the situation? please note that stating that you have never had a guest leave unhappy is not an option   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation whatsoever

G M Interview

G M

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Motel 6 in January 2009.

Interview Details – it was easy they were lucky to have me

Interview Question – no hard questions   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Motel 6? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Motel 6 interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Motel 6 employees and interview candidates.