Motion Picture Industry Pension & Health Plans

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Motion Picture Industry Pension & Health Plans

Facilities Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Studio City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Motion Picture Industry Pension & Health Plans (Studio City, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I was initially contacted approx. 6 weeks after application was submitted. I received an email requesting an interview. I responded to email same day, expressing interest and offering scheduling options. Never heard back. Sent 2 subsequent follow up emails, never heard back. Called the company after approx. 2 weeks and learned that the Recruiter has been out of the office. I engaged with HR to set up an interview. I was told I would be contacted. Received email requesting answers to specific interview related questions. I submitted my answers same day. Received another email requesting a phone interview, which we set up for the following week. Conducted phone interview with head of HR. She said I would be contacted to set up a face to face interview. Received the schedule for the interview via email, interview was 2 weeks out. I conducted face to face interview and it went well (although the HR person was very boring and seemed almost sad). a week went by and I received another email requesting a second interview for the following week. I attended that interview with 2 HR representatives and I felt it went very well. About 2 weeks later and far after I was informed that I would receive follow-up, I received an email stating I was no longer being considered. I ver politely asked for additional feedback and got no response.

All in all, the process took approx. 3 months and seemed terribly inefficient. I was not left with a very positive impression of the organization and their communication practices seemed clumsy and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Given the fact that we have labor union employees here and the labor protects these employees by collective bargaining agreements... how would you deal with a poor perfuming employee whom you have limited influence on?   1 Answer

Participant Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Motion Picture Industry Pension & Health Plans.

Interview

Took about 2 months to get hired. Lots of meetings are pre-interviews. Maybe 3 or 4 before a yes. They had 1 on 1 and group interviews. They seem to be focused on Call Center experience... which it makes very little difference. The position calls for patience and excellent customer service.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Union position. No negotiating.

Participant Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Motion Picture Industry Pension & Health Plans in May 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a staffing agency to schedule an interview. The interview consisted of a panel of 3-the director, and 2 assistant managers. The interview lasted less than an hour. I was notified by the agency after 2 weeks that I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation. What was the outcome?   Answer Question