Motorola Mobility Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Apr 2, 2015

2.7

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

They asked some pretty hard technical question drilling you on what you know about pcb and how to analyze software problems with phones. It was somewhat hard but I overall learned something new on how their interview process went, although I was wondering why they never responded back to me about their decision... something so rude.

Interview Questions

• how to convert a voltage source to work with a lower voltage sensor   1 Answer

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

2 hour in-person Interview with 4 managers / supervisors. Recruiter contacts me with position > I agree to apply for position > Employer reads resume and wants to interview > Called in for interviews > Interviewed each manager / supervisor individually. Called to be hired. Started work. I asked each interviewer what their experiences have been with the company and how they find their work meaningful and satisfying.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge of testing processes.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

applied online , after a week got a call from HR asking me about language of coding,and discussed few things about my resume. after 2 week got call for my first interview: asking me about various OOPS concept ,then give a coding question to mirror the image . a few days back got call for second round ,in this he had given me a coding question to find out the cavity in xray image of teeth. interview went well but i think they dont want to hire.

Interview Questions

• coding question to find out the cavity in x-ray image of teeth.   Answer Question

Lead Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with HR and then scheduled onsite for next week. Met with 5 people for 45 mins each.. Mostly about experience past, case study questions, statistics questions and behavioral questions... I Have not heard anything positive from them yet..

Android Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

This interview was the 1st round for the role of android application developer. It was a phone interview with four people (2 from chicago, 1 from canada..).

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions on android application development lifecycle.

How different is the java used in android application compared to java applications ?

Which mobile application is better android or ios ?

Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

one phone interview, two on site interviews.

Interview Questions

• Still owned by google, has the atmosphere. Intense interviews, google style. they ask you to write short programs, so brush up on your data structures and algorithms.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Process was fairly standard procedure which required interview with two reporting managers and Sr. Director. Overall process was about two weeks from initial phone interview from HR to face to face interviews.

Interview Questions

• No challenging or unexpected questions during interview process.   Answer Question

Sourcing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Libertyville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Motorola Mobility (Libertyville, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online, took around one month to got contact by the HR.
    The HR claimed Motorola is Google now, and forced all the candidates to reveal the current salaries. HR said that's Google policy, I need to confirm with people who work in Google if this is true.

Interview Questions

• nothing difficult, just went thru the resume and asked some working experience question,
      However, the hiring manager was snob and actually lack of real experience. Just a Talker.

Answer Question

Senior Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Libertyville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Motorola Mobility (Libertyville, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a HR personal regarding this position. The HR conducted a pre-screening followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was called on site for a in-person interview. The interview consisted of an electronics quiz followed by talk with the hiring manager and the team. Overall, it was a good experience. The company is hiring and laying people off at the same time. So, there was a little bit of ambiguity (at the moment) while talking to most of the people during the interview.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roselle, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Motorola Mobility (Roselle, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

Over the phone interview. Was quick and understood where I was at.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Worked through a consultant so did not negotiate with company.