Motorola Mobility

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Libertyville, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in November 2009.

Interview Details – A phone screen with just questions regarding the resume. Was invited to come over for an onsite interview with 6 people. Questions ranged from highly technical to just conversational.

Interview Question – When validating a product what criteria do you check to see if it passes?   View Answer

Senior Electrical Engineer Interview

Senior Electrical Engineer
Libertyville, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in January 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a HR personal regarding this position. The HR conducted a pre-screening followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was called on site for a in-person interview. The interview consisted of an electronics quiz followed by talk with the hiring manager and the team. Overall, it was a good experience. The company is hiring and laying people off at the same time. So, there was a little bit of ambiguity (at the moment) while talking to most of the people during the interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Libertyville, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in November 2012.

Interview Details – One phone interview. Phone interview was largely technical, asked to answer some basic data structure/algorithm problems. Interviewing engineer seemed friendly, ended the interview with some non-technical questions. I thought the interview went fairly well, based on my answers to the questions. But I was called the next day, and told that I was not longer being considered for the position. Overall, not the best experience, not the worst.

Interview Question – Asked how to implement a binary search tree, with support for insert and delete operations.   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Libertyville, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in March 2012.

Interview Details – Make sure you have all the requirements in your resume. Also, you should have the experience which they are looking for. You should be able to explain the job experiences which you had in the past. Make sure you give examples of what you did and whatever is related to this current position.

Interview Question – Explaining why you choose the Motorola and why you did not find any other place to work   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not very difficult.

Manager Interview

Manager
Libertyville, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in February 2011.

Interview Details – Short and professional.

Negotiation Details – Direct manager did assist in salary negotiation.

Information Systems Engineer Interview

Information Systems Engineer
Libertyville, IL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in November 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was sadly lacking any truly knowledgeable people. The whole interview process seemed to lack and standard process and the technical interview was handled by an individual that barely new what kind of questions to ask. They seemed more interested in what my degree was than what my experience or knowledge of the position I was interviewing for. A total joke!

Interview Question – All the questions were canned simple questions. Like tell me about yourself and what experience do you have in Systems Engineering.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They were not willing to negotiate on anything!

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Libertyville, IL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in May 2011.

Interview Details – Was contacted by the department director regarding the position and participated in a brief phone interview. Initial face-to-face interview was with the hiring manager and then returned two additional times to interview with the Director and the Vice President of the business unit.

Interview Question – All interviews were very good, two-way exchanges. There were no ridiculous situational interview questions, just good dialog regarding past experience and abilities.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated on salary and was able to obtain an increase over the original offer. Process was handled through the Motorola recruiter.

Web Developer Interview

Web Developer
Libertyville, IL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview Details – New hiring process does require several interviews, initially with recruiter then couple of hiring managers.

Interview Question – Google does seem to like to throw curve balls and ask abstract questions unrelated to the job, just to see if potential employee is quick on his/her feet.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Libertyville, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview Details – one telephonic interview with the hiring manager, followed by 4 hours on-site interview process with 6 team members. It was an entry level position, so questions were mostly around my graduate work and my interests. One member challenged me on interfaces.

Interview Question – To give a speech on VoIP services   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was looking for a position right out of college with the Job market really slow.
I took it as is.

Digital Interview

Digital
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in June 2009.

Interview Details – Excellent people interviewed me 3 years ago.

Interview Question – There weren't any, I was fully prepared.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, I accepted rate.