Motorola Mobility

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in May 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed for a completely different position than the one I was offered.
The personnel I spoke with had nothing to do with the position I was eventually offered.
Company had everything online, only the online forms only worked with a 5 year old version of Windows Internet Exlorer. That should have warned me right then and there to run away, but foolishly I stuck it out.

Interview Question – Several interviewers asked me to go through and write complete software programs to do particular tasks   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I had another offer and they came through with a big cash signing bonus, higher salary, bigger title.

Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in June 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was well organized and structured and it lasted a full day including lunch with the team. It consisted of several 1:1 sessions with detailed technical questions being asked. I talked to several experienced engineers as well as several younger ones. Overall it was a positive experience. I was offered the position the very next day and I accepted the offer.

Interview Question – There were no difficult and unexpected questions. Mainly technical   Answer Question

Tempe, AZ

The process took a day - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in May 2010.

Interview Details – The position was posted on our local college recruiting site. I applied for the job and quickly received a follow up email the same day. We arranged an informal interview via phone two days later. Following the phone conversation, I heard back with the internship offer by the end of the week.

Interview Question – Please describe a specific instance where you needed to analyze a critical situation under tight time constraints. What did you do in the situation? And how did it turn out?   View Answer

Engineering

The process took a day - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in February 2012.

Interview Details – Purely behavioral.
Asked many "what would you do if" and "describe a scene" questions.
Asked about project I've done on my resume.
Very happy conversation.
The phone interview time was unexpected and not scheduled. Took about 30 minutes.

Interview Question – Describe a project shown on your resume.   Answer Question

Engineering

The process took a day - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in November 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a call from the Manager. The manager explained about the position and seemed to be really good at what he wanted and asked the questions upto the point. I could understand he was well prepared with my resume and questions. Then I was told to expect an interview from his team members. Got the call on an afternoon. Two persons interviewed me. One was atleast asking questions based on my resume, but the other person was not prepared to interview and asked some questions which was completely senseless. Over all the interview was arranged in poor light and seemed like they were interviewing me to just pass their time around. I am happy that I did not get another call for the next round.

Interview Question – Questions on software development and basic electronics   Answer Question

Engineering

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in February 2008.

Interview Details – not good for long term career growth, stagnation down the line, management doesn't understand the market and looking for short term solutions. process was slow, had 5 folks who interviewed me for 1 hour each. was a normal process, and asked basic questions for some time and asked about previous projects done in school and work history. Got introduced to the manager and was told in detail about the project which the team was working on

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – did not negotiate..

Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in August 2009.

Interview Details – Very intense 1 day interview. Met with 7 individuals, mostly engineering managers or staff engineers. 9am-4pm, including lunch. This was for an entry level engineering position. Quizzed on general engineering topics and understanding of fundamentals. Overall a very good interview experience. Make sure you know what you're talking about; you can't fluff your way through this one.

Interview Question – Point out the yield stress/UTS on a stress strain curve.   View Answer

Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in March 2010.

Interview Details – initial phone interview.
come into office, three people, one hour each
personality questions
no breaks
situation question, such as "tell me a time when....etc
situational question, such as "how would you handle disgruntled employees, etc

Interview Question – tell me a time about a project failure   View Answers (2)

Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in March 2008.

Interview Details – Arranged travel to the main office. Interviewed with 4 different people (managers and to-be-coworkers), each interview probably lasted 30 mins. Only the interviews with the managers were of any substance. Laid back style of interview, very comfortable.

Engineer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in March 2008.

Interview Details – The hiring manager contacted me first via email to see if I'm interested in the opening he had at that time, since my friend had submitted my resume for me. Next, I called the hiring manager to say that I'm interested in the position. A 1:1 interview occured the following week. In overall, the interview went well. However, there was no offer because of hiring freeze after my interview.

Interview Question – what didnt you like in your last job   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Motorola Mobility

Worked for Motorola Mobility? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Motorola Mobility Engineer interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Motorola Mobility employees and interview candidates.