Motorola Mobility

2.9

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Motorola Mobility in June 2011.

The interview process was well organized and structured and it lasted a full day including lunch with the team. It consisted of several 1:1 sessions with detailed technical questions being asked. I talked to several experienced engineers as well as several younger ones. Overall it was a positive experience. I was offered the position the very next day and I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions
  • There were no difficult and unexpected questions. Mainly technical   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Motorola Mobility

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

The process took a dayinterviewed at Motorola Mobility in May 2010.

The position was posted on our local college recruiting site. I applied for the job and quickly received a follow up email the same day. We arranged an informal interview via phone two days later. Following the phone conversation, I heard back with the internship offer by the end of the week.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a specific instance where you needed to analyze a critical situation under tight time constraints. What did you do in the situation? And how did it turn out?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Motorola Mobility in May 2010.

Interviewed for a completely different position than the one I was offered.
    The personnel I spoke with had nothing to do with the position I was eventually offered.
    Company had everything online, only the online forms only worked with a 5 year old version of Windows Internet Exlorer. That should have warned me right then and there to run away, but foolishly I stuck it out.

Interview Questions
    • Several interviewers asked me to go through and write complete software programs to do particular tasks   View Answer
    I had another offer and they came through with a big cash signing bonus, higher salary, bigger title.

Engineering Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Motorola Mobility in February 2012.

Purely behavioral.
    Asked many "what would you do if" and "describe a scene" questions.
    Asked about project I've done on my resume.
    Very happy conversation.
    The phone interview time was unexpected and not scheduled. Took about 30 minutes.

Engineering Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Motorola Mobility in November 2011.

Applied online and received a call from the Manager. The manager explained about the position and seemed to be really good at what he wanted and asked the questions upto the point. I could understand he was well prepared with my resume and questions. Then I was told to expect an interview from his team members. Got the call on an afternoon. Two persons interviewed me. One was atleast asking questions based on my resume, but the other person was not prepared to interview and asked some questions which was completely senseless. Over all the interview was arranged in poor light and seemed like they were interviewing me to just pass their time around. I am happy that I did not get another call for the next round.

Interview Questions
    • Questions on software development and basic electronics   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Motorola Mobility in April 2010.

Company recruiter contacted first based on the referral provided through networking. A phone interview was applied and it took 45 min mostly focusing on technical aptitude and background information. Overall hiring process seems pretty well organized.

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Motorola Mobility in March 2010.

initial phone interview.
    come into office, three people, one hour each
    personality questions
    no breaks
    situation question, such as "tell me a time when....etc
    situational question, such as "how would you handle disgruntled employees, etc

Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Motorola Mobility in August 2009.

Very intense 1 day interview. Met with 7 individuals, mostly engineering managers or staff engineers. 9am-4pm, including lunch. This was for an entry level engineering position. Quizzed on general engineering topics and understanding of fundamentals. Overall a very good interview experience. Make sure you know what you're talking about; you can't fluff your way through this one.

Interview Questions
    • Point out the yield stress/UTS on a stress strain curve.   View Answer

Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Motorola Mobility in March 2008.

Arranged travel to the main office. Interviewed with 4 different people (managers and to-be-coworkers), each interview probably lasted 30 mins. Only the interviews with the managers were of any substance. Laid back style of interview, very comfortable.

Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Motorola Mobility in March 2008.

The hiring manager contacted me first via email to see if I'm interested in the opening he had at that time, since my friend had submitted my resume for me. Next, I called the hiring manager to say that I'm interested in the position. A 1:1 interview occured the following week. In overall, the interview went well. However, there was no offer because of hiring freeze after my interview.