Motorola Mobility

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in April 2014.

Interview Details – applied online , after a week got a call from HR asking me about language of coding,and discussed few things about my resume. after 2 week got call for my first interview: asking me about various OOPS concept ,then give a coding question to mirror the image . a few days back got call for second round ,in this he had given me a coding question to find out the cavity in xray image of teeth. interview went well but i think they dont want to hire.

Interview Question – coding question to find out the cavity in x-ray image of teeth.   Answer Question

Lead Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Lead Sales Operations Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in April 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed with HR and then scheduled onsite for next week. Met with 5 people for 45 mins each.. Mostly about experience past, case study questions, statistics questions and behavioral questions... I Have not heard anything positive from them yet..

Interview Question – Given 2 factors how do you calculate sales lift   Answer Question

Android Applications Engineer - Contractor Interview

Android Applications Engineer - Contractor
Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in March 2014.

Interview Details – one phone interview, two on site interviews.

Interview Question – Still owned by google, has the atmosphere. Intense interviews, google style. they ask you to write short programs, so brush up on your data structures and algorithms.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
Schaumburg, IL

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in October 2010.

Interview Details – 3 interview rounds with directors, senior directors, CVP/ SVP

Interview Question – Present business case and recommendation for organization effectiveness improvement   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not too difficult. They really liked my background.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Roselle, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in January 2013.

Interview Details – Over the phone interview. Was quick and understood where I was at.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Worked through a consultant so did not negotiate with company.

Senior Director Marketing Interview

Senior Director Marketing
Libertyville, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in March 2010.

Interview Details – Brought in through a retained search firm, who did an excellent job preparing me for the interviews.

Following several calls with recruiter, had 1-hour conversation with in-house talent acquisition manager, then 1 hour with executive to whom I'd directly report.

In-person interviews took 6 hours and included the chief operating officer of the company, 2 VP-level peers (reported to same executive), the HR manager for the department and finally, the executive to whom I'd report directly.

Interview Question – None of the interviewers were particularly challenging. The HR interview was behavioral.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The package was extremely competitive, a 25% increase over then current comp package. No negotiation required.

Director Interview

Director
Chicago, IL

I applied online and interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview Details – Process was fairly standard procedure which required interview with two reporting managers and Sr. Director. Overall process was about two weeks from initial phone interview from HR to face to face interviews.

Interview Question – No challenging or unexpected questions during interview process.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in June 2009.

Interview Details – Talked to position manager

Interview Question – why do you want to work here   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had better options

Senior Quality Engineer Interview

Senior Quality Engineer
North Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in August 2009.

Interview Details – Just team lead and manager talked over phone

Interview Question – Normal nothing highly techinical   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sourcing Engineer Interview

Sourcing Engineer
Libertyville, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, took around one month to got contact by the HR.
The HR claimed Motorola is Google now, and forced all the candidates to reveal the current salaries. HR said that's Google policy, I need to confirm with people who work in Google if this is true.

Interview Question – nothing difficult, just went thru the resume and asked some working experience question,
However, the hiring manager was snob and actually lack of real experience. Just a Talker.
  Answer Question

Worked for Motorola Mobility? Contribute to the Community!