Motorola Mobility Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview

I apply through school program. I got selected for an interview a week after. The interview was on site and lasted for an hour. The manager and 2 other senior engineers screened my resume and asked some basic programming questions.

Interview Questions

• How to divide a squared cake into 4 equal portions by only three slices?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Motorola Mobility in April 2015.

Interview

Just completed first round on hangout for 45minutes , be thorough with any of the projects listed on the resume followed by behavioral questions. Waiting for the reply from the interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked to choose one project i liked to describe , be sure about what role you played. Then a few behavioral questions like any outstanding achievement. Waiting for the reply.   Answer Question

Design Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview

Met at a job fair, had a 20, 30 minute interview. I discussed my portfolio, and didn't really ask me any questions beyond those pertaining to my work. Recruiter and current designer were present but it was mostly just talking to the designer (recruiter was taking some notes).

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview

The interview last about one hour and got the reply after one month.

Interview Questions

• pretty easy interview for an intern and got an offer. Three behavior questions and four technical questions based on your resume.
      The interview last about one hour and got the reply after one month.

Answer Question

Director Product Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview

Interview involved direct manager as well as cross functional team members. HR is mainly the facilitator and process owner. There at least 3~5 interviewees during the whole process with titles of VP Product to Senior director of user experience design. The company can accommodate off site interview for privacy reason.

Interview Questions

• How do you define user experiences and manage engineering resource?   Answer Question

No Specific Role Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview

Met them at the university fair. They went over my resume asked me questions about my work. First interview was 30 mins long. It was a mix of both behavorial and techincal questions. For the first 15 minutes it was behavioral and then techincal questions. The interviewer said they'll get back within 2 weeks but haven't heard from them yet (it's been 4 weeks now).

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding my work experience. Then these:
      Why motorola mobilty?What role will you want to work in? Then a techinal question: write a recursive function to give that takes an index number and returns the corresponding Fibonacchi number.

Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer QA Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview

Fairly simple interview with HR and Team manager.suppose to be three rounds but lucked out with two! Asks simple questions bout my resume which I was able to answer. I know industry standard ask for 3.0 GPA, but I think it's quite not fair. A person's GPA does not show how someone performs at work. This company gave me a really fair chance and would love to work for them but I had to decline it

Interview Questions

• What is your logic behind a simple login/password access..and a few more i cant remember   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

They asked some pretty hard technical question drilling you on what you know about pcb and how to analyze software problems with phones. It was somewhat hard but I overall learned something new on how their interview process went, although I was wondering why they never responded back to me about their decision... something so rude.

Interview Questions

• how to convert a voltage source to work with a lower voltage sensor   1 Answer

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Motorola Mobility (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was an onsite interview and lasted for about one and half hour. I met one manager and one senior engineer. Most questions they asked were based on my resume. And they also asked some programing problems.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview

I applied through University Career Fair and took the interview on Campus after several days. Interviewer is technical lead and is serious but the question is not so hard. Some are common ones and some are based on the resume. It took about 30 minutes to finish the interview. No more feedback from HR after that.

Interview Questions

• technical and behavior questions based on resume and previous project experience   Answer Question