Motorola Mobility Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014
Updated Oct 15, 2014

2.8

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Motorola Mobility.

I met the hiring manager of Motorola at a job fair held by my university and was contacted for an interview after a month or two. I was contacted after a month or two and had a phone interview with the same person that I met at the fair and another engineer that he was with. They asked me pretty standard and behavioral questions, some of the same as in the in-person interview below. I don't remember the phone interview as much as the in-person.The in-person interview was actually quite difficult and lasted almost an hour. I spoke with about 4 different people and with multiple at the same time.

Questions they asked me:
    1) What classes are you currently taking?
    2) What's your biggest strength?
    3) What's your biggest weakness?
    4) How are you classes going?
    5) If you were at a stoplight and the light failed to turn green for a longer than normal amount of time, what would you do? ( I said turn right then make a U-turn =P )
    6) Tell me about a time in which you did not get along with someone, and how did you handle it?
    7) Tell me about a time in which you took charge or were in charge...
    8) They explained to me what the company does at that office, after he asked me what I've learned or what I didn't know or what I liked about the company(I guess to see if I was listening, which is hard to do when nervous).

And some technical questions:
    1) He showed me an inductor connected to a DC voltage source. Close to the aforementioned inductor was another one that was connected to a resistor. He asked for the voltage in the resistor. This one I got correct, the answer is 0 V because the source was DC. The source has AC in order to create a magnetic field in the inductors which results in induced current in the inductor/resistor connection and a voltage seen across the resistor.
    2) I was shown a square within another square and asked how many squares where there. I guessed and got this one incorrect because I had never seen it before. Don't remember the answer. There was an equation that I had to know to solve the problem, but he just wanted to see how I worked through it I suppose.

Interview Questions
    • The stoplight one as aforementioned and the square question.   Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

interviewed at Motorola Mobility in October 2014.

Two rounds onsite interview, all of them are your future teammate or your director. And as an entry-level position, they will not ask you very difficult question. But you need to be familiar with the technical things on your resume, because most of questions they ask is based on your resume. Most of the questions is technical ones, they just asked one behavior question, "tell me about you".

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Applied online. First got a phone interview, in which I was asked about my interests and what teams I would be interested in joining. Later had phone interviews answering general coding questions. There wasn't really anything out of the ordinary. Code was done over google doc. Phone interviews were around an hour long.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

A recruiter reached out to me a month or so before graduation. There was a video chat interview where there was one goggle doc based programming question to find out different permutations of a give string. Then after that there was one more phone interview which consisted of a bunch of oral technical questions, no coding involved. Then they flew me out to their HQ in chicago where I went through 4 rounds of technical interviews. I aced almost all of them except for one where I faltered. After a couple of days the recruiter called saying that I did very well but they would rather hire a phD grad.

Interview Questions
    • For a given 2d bitmap, find out the end points of a region that has only 1s and return true if those end points form a rectangle.   Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Interview

I went through staffing agency. Process took a week and had direct face to face interview. No phone interview. Asked questions from my resume and some general test questions. Know your stuff.

Intern Interview

I applied online and got an email from them. They were prompt in replying and set up the interview. The first interview was a general interview. They asked questions about things mentioned on the resume. They asked about education and different programming languages. Second interview was technical.

Interview Questions
    • Some questions were easy. But they asked some questions which were not related to resume.   Answer Question

Design Research Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Got invitation from their HR. The first phone screen interview last for 30 mins, mostly talked about sponsorship and past experiences. The second phone interview with their team member last about 45 mins. Then I got an invitation for on-site interview 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot behavior questions and my working process.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

It was mainly about algorithm questions, but with 6 different people.

Interview Questions
    • I spent a lot of tim eon the first question.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I have applied the job through a recruiter. And the process is quite fast. Set up a online code interview. Was asked for the top k elements question.

Lead Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Motorola Mobility in April 2014.

Interviewed with HR and then scheduled onsite for next week. Met with 5 people for 45 mins each.. Mostly about experience past, case study questions, statistics questions and behavioral questions... I Have not heard anything positive from them yet..