Motorola Mobility Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014
193 interviews

2.8

Digital Signal Processing Engineer Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in May 2010.

Interviewed in May for a Baseband DSP Engineer position. They were looking for more experience in the fields of digital synthesis hence no offer. The hiring manager was somehow supremely busy on the day I got there and even though he was scheduled to talk with me early in the morning, we got a chance to do that only in the afternoon by which time my taxi had left and he got annoyed because of that.

Interview Questions
    • I was given two constellation diagrams and was asked how I would decide the decision boundaries for minimizing mean squared error on each and then to maximize the confidence in only one of the estimation.   View Answers (2)

Account Manager Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in May 2008.

Some can be much harder than others. Mine was brutal. Ive known other ones for the same job to be much much easier. Job comes with certain prerequisites:
    1. Be a talker ( and more importantly a good listener)
    2. People person ( you need to be able to carry a conversation with ANYONE and make them like you)
    3. Ability to present to the government CTO
    4. Drive to close

Interview Questions
    • Hard thing to do was present to an audience on an unfamiliar topic. Although i was given a week to prepare, I was still presenting to an audience that were very familiar if not experts on the topic   Answer Question
    I wasnt able to negotiate.

Set a number mentally and dont settle for less...NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!

Software Engineering Intern Interview

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in November 2009.

Please be as detailed as possible - everything from your initial communications with the company, organization and planning of the interview, number and type of interviews, and any advice you might offer to other interview candidates. Bonus points for your perceptions of the people, office, and work culture.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plantation, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in November 2010.

The hiring process probably took around a month after the first interview. It was really to the point, I had experience already as a test Engineer and the questions were based in different situations in the SDLC.
    I have been doing quality assurance and there were several questions regarding actual situations that I had in my job experience.

Interview Questions
    I had already experience in the field and I give a couple of calls to follow up. My best advice is the follow up after the interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in March 2011.

Telephonic and Project Discussion.

Interview Questions
    • POSIX Architecture and Implementation.   View Answer

Android Applications Engineer - Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in March 2014.

one phone interview, two on site interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Still owned by google, has the atmosphere. Intense interviews, google style. they ask you to write short programs, so brush up on your data structures and algorithms.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in October 2010.

3 interview rounds with directors, senior directors, CVP/ SVP

Interview Questions
    • Present business case and recommendation for organization effectiveness improvement   Answer Question
    Not too difficult. They really liked my background.

Senior Director Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Libertyville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Libertyville, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in March 2010.

Brought in through a retained search firm, who did an excellent job preparing me for the interviews.

Following several calls with recruiter, had 1-hour conversation with in-house talent acquisition manager, then 1 hour with executive to whom I'd directly report.

In-person interviews took 6 hours and included the chief operating officer of the company, 2 VP-level peers (reported to same executive), the HR manager for the department and finally, the executive to whom I'd report directly.

Interview Questions
    • None of the interviewers were particularly challenging. The HR interview was behavioral.   Answer Question
    The package was extremely competitive, a 25% increase over then current comp package. No negotiation required.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in June 2009.

Initial phone interview with hiring manager, followed by on site interview with staff members.
    Mostly questions on wireless technologies CDMA, Embedded systems, rtos, c and c++.
    staff is very knowledgeable and do not provide feedback during interview.
    Job offer at the door via fedex two days after interview. HR is super fast if hiring manager and team give the thumbs-up

Interview Questions
    • What is a context switch and give an example   View Answer
    Yes, negotiaded more stocks in lieu of signing bonus

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in June 2011.

Resume got short listed through a staffing agency.Had 2 rounds of telephonic interviews followed by Vcon round.Interview is mostly on my previous previous as i already had work experience with the company and the questions are domain specific.Interviewers are very friendly and patient when faced issues during vcon round. After few days got a call from HR and got the offer.

Interview Questions
    salary offered is less than industry standards but accepted because of work preference.should know how to negotiate on Salary terms.

Worked for Motorola Mobility? Contribute to the Community!