Motorola Mobility

193 candidate interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

Interviewed at Motorola Mobility

Interview Details – Pretty straightforward. A detailed F2F technical interview which covers all the required languages, technologies and past experiences. Generally taken by a panel which consists of a technical lead and a senior software engineer. An manager/HR round is followed.

Negotiation Details – Standard offer wold be (No. of experience*2) Lacs. Good

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by three people. It was all one on one interview. They asked pretty much typical questions like "talk about yourself", :what is your strength and week point", "how you can contribute to the company", etc. Then they asked me "what is most important thing in software project management?" since I was interviewed for software manager position at that time.

Interview Question – What is most important thing in software project management?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Software Engineering Intern

Interviewed at Motorola Mobility

Interview Details – 60 minute phone interview and then onsite interview. Very straightforward, be sure to know your C/C++

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Engineering Manager Interview

Senior Engineering Manager

Interviewed at Motorola Mobility

Interview Details – Typically 5 rounds - focus on Software Engineering, technology and competency based questions on management

Interview Question – Design and architecture related questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at Motorola Mobility

Interview Details – Got a telephone interview call. The interviewer sounded very adamant and is not willing to consider my opinion. HR did not update me about the result.

Interview Question – Android OS overview   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at Motorola Mobility

Interview Details – first there would be paper testings, then if you passed there would be 2 rounds of interviews, all technical interviews, then there would be an hr interview and boss interview followed.

Interview Question – those are usually technical questions, need to prepare the most common programming related questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiate

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern
Marlborough, MA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview Details – This job was for a co-op at the undergraduate level. Interviewed for about 30 minutes. Was asked about current knowledge of C/C++, linked lists, arrays...
Implement a small program that involved manipulating an array of integers. I was basically tested on my proficiency in C programming

Interview Question – Did not really have a difficult question. Just show how proficient you are in C   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not need to negotiate. Offer was pretty decent and I was satisfied

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Senior Marketing Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview Details – The interview process took FOREVER and I interviewed with no less than 15 people, some of whom I would never work with or around. The recruiter tried to convince me to take a lower base salary due to the bonus (which was taken away that year). It seemed like the hiring manager had little choice about the candidate - their manager was the actual decision maker.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you failed.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer

Interviewed at Motorola Mobility

Interview Details – Very technical interview process with 5 different individual technical interviews. Each interview covered different technical aspects related to the job. Initial meeting was with an HR representative. The set of interviews lasted the whole day with a break in between to walk through the site and see the cubicle setup. Met with HR representative at the end and he covered the next steps.

Interview Question – To show how you would workout a series of problems related to technical subject matter being discussed. It was definitely a rigorous pen and paper Q&A session.   Answer Question

Marketing Director Interview

Marketing Director

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview Details – First screening was over the phone with their HR recruiter, the second interview was with the marketing leadership team.

Interview Question – The questions were very basic. The office seemed very unorganized and it seemed like they didi not have a solid strategy - which should have been a sign.   Answer Question

Worked for Motorola Mobility? Contribute to the Community!