Motorola Mobility Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.8

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Motorola Mobility in December 2014.

Interview

This is a contractor Job, went through third party. Motoola will call for a phone interview. Then they said they will open a req for me , I waited two weeks before everything went through

Interview Questions

• Why you think your previous experiences made you a good fit for this position   Answer Question

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process took over 5 weeks. I was interviewed by a recruiter, then a 4-hour in person interview which I interviewed with 4 employees including management (I drove 3 hours to attend the interview). This was followed by another phone interview by a senior manager. I was then told that Motorola hires by commitee and that there would be 3 commitees that would have to meet to review my information: an employee review, a management review, and a compensation review. Throughout the entire process I was told I was the standout candidate and even received an email stating that I had been recommended for the final senior management review, which doesn't happen unless they were serious about hiring. After all of this over 5 weeks, the recruiter contacted me to tell me they reduced the experience requirement for the position (essentially telling me I was over qualified) and to keep in touch for future positions.

Principal Staff Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Motorola Mobility in March 2015.

Interview

4 rounds. 3 rounds by the team and 1 round of algo and design round by external team. 3 rounds were mainly protocol questions and the last round was design and c questions.

Interview Questions

• in a array of fixed elements rearrange them as as 12345abcde should be rearranged as 1a2b3c4d5e using as less extra memory as possible   Answer Question

New Project Electric Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

30 mins phone interview with one of the manager. Asked about my resume, projects and course work. Also, he asked a lot of technical questions, like: how does the gesture control on MOTO X works; what type of sensors are you familiar with; what do you want to do if you can start a new project, etc. This interview is more about whether you are creative than knowledge learned in school. I was told to have the final round the second day.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between linear regulator and buck converter? When should you use one or other.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Motorola Mobility (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

The hiring process is long but worth the wait. There were 4 rounds including the initial half an hour screening. Rest 3 were technical rounds with good logical questions. Interviewers were technical people from the team, very well behaved and patient. There was a mild discussion about my background and what I want to do throughout the interview. The interviews were awesome. If the decisions came a bit, life would be easier.

Interview Questions

• How would you find all the phone numbers in a given document?
      Android application development and testing question. Not too deep though.
      Given a 2-D array, given the best solution to detect if a given word can be extracted of the 2-D array. The word can be in any direction. left to right, right to left, top to bottom, bottom to top or the diagonals.

Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Motorola Mobility (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was an onsite interview and lasted for about one and half hour. I met one manager and one senior engineer. Most questions they asked were based on my resume. And they also asked some programing problems.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Motorola Mobility (Bangalore (India)) in April 2011.

Interview

Recruiter called and scheduled the interview. Had to make own arrangement to travel. It was a straightforward resume based round. Asked about interests, past projects and technical experience.
    In the end the interviewer was looking for a different profile (skills based). I think they wanted more Android experience. So I knew i wouldn't get another call. And as expected I didn't get another call.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself
      2. Could you explain about Project A, project B, etc. Resume based

Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

They asked some pretty hard technical question drilling you on what you know about pcb and how to analyze software problems with phones. It was somewhat hard but I overall learned something new on how their interview process went, although I was wondering why they never responded back to me about their decision... something so rude.

Interview Questions

• how to convert a voltage source to work with a lower voltage sensor   1 Answer

Design Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview

Met at a job fair, had a 20, 30 minute interview. I discussed my portfolio, and didn't really ask me any questions beyond those pertaining to my work. Recruiter and current designer were present but it was mostly just talking to the designer (recruiter was taking some notes).

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Motorola Mobility in April 2015.

Interview

Just completed first round on hangout for 45minutes , be thorough with any of the projects listed on the resume followed by behavioral questions. Waiting for the reply from the interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked to choose one project i liked to describe , be sure about what role you played. Then a few behavioral questions like any outstanding achievement. Waiting for the reply.   Answer Question