Motorola Mobility Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.8

Android Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Motorola Mobility in April 2014.

This interview was the 1st round for the role of android application developer. It was a phone interview with four people (2 from chicago, 1 from canada..).

Interview Questions
    • A lot of questions on android application development lifecycle.

How different is the java used in android application compared to java applications ?

Which mobile application is better android or ios ?

Senior RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Motorola Mobility in January 2011.

Had a phone screening with the hiring manager first and then was called on for a on-site interview. This was for one full day and was interviewed by 6 engineers.

Interview Questions
    • It was more of RF basic questions. So be thorough in your basics   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

The interview last about one hour and got the reply after one month.

Interview Questions
    • pretty easy interview for an intern and got an offer. Three behavior questions and four technical questions based on your resume.
      The interview last about one hour and got the reply after one month.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Motorola Mobility in November 2011.

It was a internal interview. Our team has an open for developer, so they pulled from interns pool for interview first since we are already in the loop. They just asked if we'd like any interview. And there's not anything extra or official. There has been one person selected among the 10 of us

Interview Questions
    • Understanding of Motorola.
      Understanding of Android
      Describe the ways to build binary trees

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

I apply through school program. I got selected for an interview a week after. The interview was on site and lasted for an hour. The manager and 2 other senior engineers screened my resume and asked some basic programming questions.

Interview Questions
    • How to divide a squared cake into 4 equal portions by only three slices?   Answer Question

Director Product Management Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview involved direct manager as well as cross functional team members. HR is mainly the facilitator and process owner. There at least 3~5 interviewees during the whole process with titles of VP Product to Senior director of user experience design. The company can accommodate off site interview for privacy reason.

Interview Questions
    • How do you define user experiences and manage engineering resource?   Answer Question

No Specific Role Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Met them at the university fair. They went over my resume asked me questions about my work. First interview was 30 mins long. It was a mix of both behavorial and techincal questions. For the first 15 minutes it was behavioral and then techincal questions. The interviewer said they'll get back within 2 weeks but haven't heard from them yet (it's been 4 weeks now).

Interview Questions
    • Questions regarding my work experience. Then these:
      Why motorola mobilty?What role will you want to work in? Then a techinal question: write a recursive function to give that takes an index number and returns the corresponding Fibonacchi number.

Junior Software Engineer QA Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Fairly simple interview with HR and Team manager.suppose to be three rounds but lucked out with two! Asks simple questions bout my resume which I was able to answer. I know industry standard ask for 3.0 GPA, but I think it's quite not fair. A person's GPA does not show how someone performs at work. This company gave me a really fair chance and would love to work for them but I had to decline it

Interview Questions
    • What is your logic behind a simple login/password access..and a few more i cant remember   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Motorola Mobility in February 2011.

It was a very technical interview. your fundamentals have to be strong. You needs to know details of all the projects that you have worked on in the past. Questions will be asked on the details. You need to be able to demonstrate that you have really worked on the projects and made contributions that you have claimed in your resume.

Interview Questions
    • Networks, DSP, Communication Protocols, Wireless communications   Answer Question

Analog Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Motorola Mobility in February 2015.

Behavioral interview followed by technical which is still awaited, when contacted in a week got a reply that results are still awaited. Overall interviewer was chill, was an alumni, said if selected in here will be followed by two technical interviews . very slow process HR does not reply fast had to mail multiple times to find out the outcome of interview still always got a reply to be patient

Interview Questions
    • What company does, how ull help company better, what is a leadership experience, how ull decide between two processor supplying companies, how do u test a phone returned by customer complaining battery drainage   Answer Question