Motorola Mobility Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.8

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Motorola Mobility (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

The hiring process is long but worth the wait. There were 4 rounds including the initial half an hour screening. Rest 3 were technical rounds with good logical questions. Interviewers were technical people from the team, very well behaved and patient. There was a mild discussion about my background and what I want to do throughout the interview. The interviews were awesome. If the decisions came a bit, life would be easier.

Interview Questions

• How would you find all the phone numbers in a given document? Android application development and testing question. Not too deep though. Given a 2-D array, given the best solution to detect if a given word can be extracted of the 2-D array. The word can be in any direction. left to right, right to left, top to bottom, bottom to top or the diagonals.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Motorola Mobility (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was an onsite interview and lasted for about one and half hour. I met one manager and one senior engineer. Most questions they asked were based on my resume. And they also asked some programing problems.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

They asked some pretty hard technical question drilling you on what you know about pcb and how to analyze software problems with phones. It was somewhat hard but I overall learned something new on how their interview process went, although I was wondering why they never responded back to me about their decision... something so rude.

Interview Questions

• how to convert a voltage source to work with a lower voltage sensor   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview

I applied through University Career Fair and took the interview on Campus after several days. Interviewer is technical lead and is serious but the question is not so hard. Some are common ones and some are based on the resume. It took about 30 minutes to finish the interview. No more feedback from HR after that.

Interview Questions

• technical and behavior questions based on resume and previous project experience   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview

Interviewed by four engineers. The interview lasted about two hours. A decision was not made that day. I also met with a team manager for a non-technical interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked technical questions in programming language C.   Answer Question

Analog Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Motorola Mobility (Champaign, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Behavioral interview followed by technical which is still awaited, when contacted in a week got a reply that results are still awaited. Overall interviewer was chill, was an alumni, said if selected in here will be followed by two technical interviews . very slow process HR does not reply fast had to mail multiple times to find out the outcome of interview still always got a reply to be patient

Interview Questions

• What company does, how ull help company better, what is a leadership experience, how ull decide between two processor supplying companies, how do u test a phone returned by customer complaining battery drainage   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Motorola Mobility in December 2014.

Interview

This is a contractor Job, went through third party. Motoola will call for a phone interview. Then they said they will open a req for me , I waited two weeks before everything went through

Interview Questions

• Why you think your previous experiences made you a good fit for this position   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview

I met the hiring manager of Motorola at a job fair held by my university and was contacted for an interview after a month or two. I was contacted after a month or two and had a phone interview with the same person that I met at the fair and another engineer that he was with. They asked me pretty standard and behavioral questions, some of the same as in the in-person interview below. I don't remember the phone interview as much as the in-person.The in-person interview was actually quite difficult and lasted almost an hour. I spoke with about 4 different people and with multiple at the same time. Questions they asked me: 1) What classes are you currently taking? 2) What's your biggest strength? 3) What's your biggest weakness? 4) How are you classes going? 5) If you were at a stoplight and the light failed to turn green for a longer than normal amount of time, what would you do? ( I said turn right then make a U-turn =P ) 6) Tell me about a time in which you did not get along with someone, and how did you handle it? 7) Tell me about a time in which you took charge or were in charge... 8) They explained to me what the company does at that office, after he asked me what I've learned or what I didn't know or what I liked about the company(I guess to see if I was listening, which is hard to do when nervous). And some technical questions: 1) He showed me an inductor connected to a DC voltage source. Close to the aforementioned inductor was another one that was connected to a resistor. He asked for the voltage in the resistor. This one I got correct, the answer is 0 V because the source was DC. The source has AC in order to create a magnetic field in the inductors which results in induced current in the inductor/resistor connection and a voltage seen across the resistor. 2) I was shown a square within another square and asked how many squares where there. I guessed and got this one incorrect because I had never seen it before. Don't remember the answer. There was an equation that I had to know to solve the problem, but he just wanted to see how I worked through it I suppose.

Interview Questions

• The stoplight one as aforementioned and the square question.   Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

interviewed at Motorola Mobility (San Jose, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Two rounds onsite interview, all of them are your future teammate or your director. And as an entry-level position, they will not ask you very difficult question. But you need to be familiar with the technical things on your resume, because most of questions they ask is based on your resume. Most of the questions is technical ones, they just asked one behavior question, "tell me about you".

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview

Applied online. First got a phone interview, in which I was asked about my interests and what teams I would be interested in joining. Later had phone interviews answering general coding questions. There wasn't really anything out of the ordinary. Code was done over google doc. Phone interviews were around an hour long.