Motorola Mobility Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014
Updated Oct 15, 2014

2.8

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Structured but did not allow for any questions of the interviewee.

Unbending.

Product Quality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Motorola Mobility in August 2013.

There were multiple steps in the hiring process, starting out w/ an interview from HR and then a call from the manager that I would be working for. It was my impression that there would be at least two other interviews before I would be flown out. The HR interview went well and she seemed pretty nice and just asked high level questions like compensation requirement and if I was willing to relocate. The manager interview was more focused on skills.

Interview Questions
    • Motorola obviously deals with large quantity of products when then produce something so the question I received inquired why I thought I could bring my small production skills to a large production product.   Answer Question

T&E, FA and Project Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Motorola Mobility in August 2013.

Hiring manager approaching for the initial intentions of the job, and then HR start the interview process

Technical Sourcer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Motorola Mobility in July 2013.

Phone iv, onsite

Interview Questions
    • Made it seem like a conversational interview at first but turned every question I had back to me to answer. Typical Google interview, but a turn off. Disappointed that VP of TA was not more informative, but Im not sure he knew much since he was new.   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Motorola Mobility.

I applied for a job january 2013. The hiring manager called to say i was one ot the top qualifying applican. The interview was set as a phone interview. I was asked general questions about the company, my employment background, my experience and general questions about my resume.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about yourself. It was not easy to answer the question.   Answer Question

The job application description did not match the offer n i felt that's not what i was looking for.

Marketing Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Motorola Mobility.

First screening was over the phone with their HR recruiter, the second interview was with the marketing leadership team.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very basic. The office seemed very unorganized and it seemed like they didi not have a solid strategy - which should have been a sign.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Very technical interview process with 5 different individual technical interviews. Each interview covered different technical aspects related to the job. Initial meeting was with an HR representative. The set of interviews lasted the whole day with a break in between to walk through the site and see the cubicle setup. Met with HR representative at the end and he covered the next steps.

Interview Questions
    • To show how you would workout a series of problems related to technical subject matter being discussed. It was definitely a rigorous pen and paper Q&A session.   Answer Question

Sourcing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Libertyville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Libertyville, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Motorola Mobility in April 2013.

Applied online, took around one month to got contact by the HR.
    The HR claimed Motorola is Google now, and forced all the candidates to reveal the current salaries. HR said that's Google policy, I need to confirm with people who work in Google if this is true.

Interview Questions
    • nothing difficult, just went thru the resume and asked some working experience question,
      However, the hiring manager was snob and actually lack of real experience. Just a Talker.
        Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

This job was for a co-op at the undergraduate level. Interviewed for about 30 minutes. Was asked about current knowledge of C/C++, linked lists, arrays...
    Implement a small program that involved manipulating an array of integers. I was basically tested on my proficiency in C programming

Interview Questions
    • Did not really have a difficult question. Just show how proficient you are in C   Answer Question
    Did not need to negotiate. Offer was pretty decent and I was satisfied

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Motorola Mobility.

The interview process took FOREVER and I interviewed with no less than 15 people, some of whom I would never work with or around. The recruiter tried to convince me to take a lower base salary due to the bonus (which was taken away that year). It seemed like the hiring manager had little choice about the candidate - their manager was the actual decision maker.