Motorola Mobility Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was mainly about algorithm questions, but with 6 different people.

Interview Questions

• I spent a lot of tim eon the first question.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I have applied the job through a recruiter. And the process is quite fast. Set up a online code interview. Was asked for the top k elements question.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

applied online , after a week got a call from HR asking me about language of coding,and discussed few things about my resume. after 2 week got call for my first interview: asking me about various OOPS concept ,then give a coding question to mirror the image . a few days back got call for second round ,in this he had given me a coding question to find out the cavity in xray image of teeth. interview went well but i think they dont want to hire.

Interview Questions

• coding question to find out the cavity in x-ray image of teeth.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Motorola Mobility (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Technical recruiter contacted me. after that I had 5 technical interviews

1 interview - asked all possible questions on the technologies I had mentioned on my resume. quesion on javascript , jquery , java , asked to write a sql query and code to reverse the string.

2 interview - asked about my academic projects and experience. write longest prefix in the given list of strings

3rd interview - this guy was bit rude. He asked me to write sql query. Stack implementation. he insisted me to write code in C (I am good at Java). Using the same stack impl , reverse the array of integers. questions on semphore and TCP 3 way handshake

after this recruiter was changed

4th - Weird experience. This guy called me 15 mins late. He gave two question. I didnt give me any explanation. I had to assume everything. I wrote code. Did not comment anything on it . Just accepted them. He hardly spoke with me

5th - This one was the most interesting. pure technical. gave me a problem , asked me to understand and give the data structure to use and then to implement. He constantly talked with me. gave me hint when necessary.

First recruiter was very kind and helpful. Second one was unorganized , rude and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Some javascript statement ( trim()) and asked me the output of that.   Answer Question

Lead Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with HR and then scheduled onsite for next week. Met with 5 people for 45 mins each.. Mostly about experience past, case study questions, statistics questions and behavioral questions... I Have not heard anything positive from them yet..

Android Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

This interview was the 1st round for the role of android application developer. It was a phone interview with four people (2 from chicago, 1 from canada..).

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions on android application development lifecycle.

How different is the java used in android application compared to java applications ?

Which mobile application is better android or ios ?

Answer Question

Principal Staff Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview

Went to career fair and met with several hiring managers. Many technical questions about cellular telephony, and some programming questions. Followed up with 2 phone interviews, and more, similar questions. Face to face interview, explained my resume history in the cellular industry per various questions.

Interview Questions

• Write code for inserting a node in a doubly linked list.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They made an offer, I tried to negotiate both salary and promotion level, but there was no negotiation on Motorola's part. I had to take the initial offer.

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

one phone interview, two on site interviews.

Interview Questions

• Still owned by google, has the atmosphere. Intense interviews, google style. they ask you to write short programs, so brush up on your data structures and algorithms.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview

First had a talk with HR, then 2 phone interview about technique questions. The first one was an algorithm question, the second is test your proficiency in programming. Though no offer, a good Experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Motorola Mobility in February 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview with Human resource people about 30 minutes. He just asked me some questions to know about my fluency in English. Then, he set up a phone interview for me. An interviewer called me and he ask some algorithms related to String matching and also about time complexity.