Motorola Mobility

Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Quality Interview

Product Quality
Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in August 2013.

Interview Details – There were multiple steps in the hiring process, starting out w/ an interview from HR and then a call from the manager that I would be working for. It was my impression that there would be at least two other interviews before I would be flown out. The HR interview went well and she seemed pretty nice and just asked high level questions like compensation requirement and if I was willing to relocate. The manager interview was more focused on skills.

Interview Question – Motorola obviously deals with large quantity of products when then produce something so the question I received inquired why I thought I could bring my small production skills to a large production product.   Answer Question

Lead Project Engineer Interview

Lead Project Engineer
Horsham, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in November 2009.

Interview Details – Very good process. Talked to most of the management team, all great folks.

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in June 2009.

Interview Details – Talked to position manager

Interview Question – why do you want to work here   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had better options

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview Details – Structured but did not allow for any questions of the interviewee.

Negotiation Details – Unbending.

T&E, FA and Project Manager Interview

T&E, FA and Project Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in August 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring manager approaching for the initial intentions of the job, and then HR start the interview process

Senior Quality Engineer Interview

Senior Quality Engineer
North Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in August 2009.

Interview Details – Just team lead and manager talked over phone

Interview Question – Normal nothing highly techinical   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Hardware Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in July 2009.

Interview Details – HR phone interview with basic questions about self and current job, then onsite interview.

Interview Question – What would you look at first to solve a memory issue?   View Answer

Technical Sourcer Interview

Technical Sourcer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in July 2013.

Interview Details – Phone iv, onsite

Interview Question – Made it seem like a conversational interview at first but turned every question I had back to me to answer. Typical Google interview, but a turn off. Disappointed that VP of TA was not more informative, but Im not sure he knew much since he was new.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sourcing Engineer Interview

Sourcing Engineer
Libertyville, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, took around one month to got contact by the HR.
The HR claimed Motorola is Google now, and forced all the candidates to reveal the current salaries. HR said that's Google policy, I need to confirm with people who work in Google if this is true.

Interview Question – nothing difficult, just went thru the resume and asked some working experience question,
However, the hiring manager was snob and actually lack of real experience. Just a Talker.
  Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

QA Analyst
Fort Worth, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview Details – I applied for a job january 2013. The hiring manager called to say i was one ot the top qualifying applican. The interview was set as a phone interview. I was asked general questions about the company, my employment background, my experience and general questions about my resume.

Interview Question – Tell us about yourself. It was not easy to answer the question.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The job application description did not match the offer n i felt that's not what i was looking for.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Motorola Mobility