Motorola Mobility

2.8

User Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Motorola Mobility.

All day interview starting with a portfolio presentation. Then a series of one-on-one interviews. Sandwiched in there is a technical exercise and a working lunch. Kind of grueling. They're not confrontive, but very focused. The whole process made you evaluate your professional experience. The facilities are new and bright and very google-esque. It seems like an exciting, challenging place to work. Everything is in flux with the Google takeover and people's roles are still evolving.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Libertyville, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Motorola Mobility in November 2012.

One phone interview. Phone interview was largely technical, asked to answer some basic data structure/algorithm problems. Interviewing engineer seemed friendly, ended the interview with some non-technical questions. I thought the interview went fairly well, based on my answers to the questions. But I was called the next day, and told that I was not longer being considered for the position. Overall, not the best experience, not the worst.

Interview Questions
    • Asked how to implement a binary search tree, with support for insert and delete operations.   View Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Motorola Mobility.

One phone interview, 3 face to face interviews, then a final phone interview. Then received offer.

Interview Questions
    • How would you set up a successful program structure for new contracts   View Answer
    Negotiated salary on fianl phone interview. I was direct and specific on my needs. Do not sell yourself short. If you have qualities the company is looking for, you can get what you want.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Libertyville, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Motorola Mobility.

New hiring process does require several interviews, initially with recruiter then couple of hiring managers.

Interview Questions
    • Google does seem to like to throw curve balls and ask abstract questions unrelated to the job, just to see if potential employee is quick on his/her feet.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Libertyville, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Motorola Mobility.

one telephonic interview with the hiring manager, followed by 4 hours on-site interview process with 6 team members. It was an entry level position, so questions were mostly around my graduate work and my interests. One member challenged me on interfaces.

Interview Questions
    It was looking for a position right out of college with the Job market really slow.
    I took it as is.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Motorola Mobility in July 2012.

A Motorola mobility recruiter found me on LinkedIn. I was asked to submit my resume before they could give me any information. Had a phone screen and then a F2F interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Motorola Mobility in May 2012.

Applied online and got a phone call and was asked basic questions.Was then scheduled for onsite interview.Was questioned on skills in the resume.

Antenna Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Libertyville, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Motorola Mobility in April 2012.

Interview process is smooth. They take care of all the arrangements like rental car, flight..
    Make sure you know everything you have in your resume. Whole day interview with presentation. About 9 1:1 and tour. Most of interview was technical. Know details on challenges faced by smart phone antenna designers.

RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Libertyville, IL

Applied it online. Entry level position. Phone-interview is scheduled after 2 weeks of application. It's pretty easy, just describe some experience related to that job. Onsite interview is set after 2 weeks of phone screen. Nice travel, nice hotel and also nice interviewers. People are so kind and direct you to answer the questions. There are some quiz but pretty easy. Totally 9 people's one to one interview and no presentation or panel interview. Get notified by HR a couple of days later and I accept it.

Interview Questions
    • Draw the diagram of PLL, and write the gain expression.
      Describe the noise's effect on constellation of QPSK/16QAM.

Answer Question

Entry Level Antenna Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Libertyville, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Motorola Mobility in March 2012.

They asked me questions in my resume. I was prepared technically, but the interview lasted only for 15-20 minutes. He had asked my interests and it seemed I didn't fit the profile. There were no technical questions, it was just a hr interview. I was really surprised why the interview ended so suddenly.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me more about your RF experience ?   View Answer