Motorola Mobility Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2014

2.8

Senior Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Libertyville, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in January 2013.

I was contacted by a HR personal regarding this position. The HR conducted a pre-screening followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was called on site for a in-person interview. The interview consisted of an electronics quiz followed by talk with the hiring manager and the team. Overall, it was a good experience. The company is hiring and laying people off at the same time. So, there was a little bit of ambiguity (at the moment) while talking to most of the people during the interview.

Industrial Designer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in January 2013.

Contacted by a recruiter, followed by a phone interview with the directors. Presented my portfolio to them. A few days later they told me I was not selected for the next stage.

Software Engineer Interview

first there would be paper testings, then if you passed there would be 2 rounds of interviews, all technical interviews, then there would be an hr interview and boss interview followed.

Interview Questions
    • those are usually technical questions, need to prepare the most common programming related questions   Answer Question
    no negotiate

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in January 2011.

General HR Round and then a Technical Interview. HR round was more about how you manage the time and what are the responsiblities that you enjoyed the most at your previous employer and so on. Technical Interview was about Android testing, terminologies.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Libertyville, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in November 2012.

One phone interview. Phone interview was largely technical, asked to answer some basic data structure/algorithm problems. Interviewing engineer seemed friendly, ended the interview with some non-technical questions. I thought the interview went fairly well, based on my answers to the questions. But I was called the next day, and told that I was not longer being considered for the position. Overall, not the best experience, not the worst.

Interview Questions
    • Asked how to implement a binary search tree, with support for insert and delete operations.   View Answer

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Horsham, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in July 2012.

A Motorola mobility recruiter found me on LinkedIn. I was asked to submit my resume before they could give me any information. Had a phone screen and then a F2F interview.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Libertyville, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in March 2012.

Make sure you have all the requirements in your resume. Also, you should have the experience which they are looking for. You should be able to explain the job experiences which you had in the past. Make sure you give examples of what you did and whatever is related to this current position.

Interview Questions
    • Explaining why you choose the Motorola and why you did not find any other place to work   Answer Question
    Not very difficult.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Horsham, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in January 2012.

Interviewed on-site at Horsham, PA with the hiring manager. The interview was relaxed and I was made to feel very comfortable. They started off with behavioral questions and then moved onto basic object oriented programming questions. Interview took approximately 1 hour after which I was given a tour around the lab where I would be working.

User Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

All day interview starting with a portfolio presentation. Then a series of one-on-one interviews. Sandwiched in there is a technical exercise and a working lunch. Kind of grueling. They're not confrontive, but very focused. The whole process made you evaluate your professional experience. The facilities are new and bright and very google-esque. It seems like an exciting, challenging place to work. Everything is in flux with the Google takeover and people's roles are still evolving.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Andover, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

One phone interview, 3 face to face interviews, then a final phone interview. Then received offer.

Interview Questions
    • How would you set up a successful program structure for new contracts   View Answer
    Negotiated salary on fianl phone interview. I was direct and specific on my needs. Do not sell yourself short. If you have qualities the company is looking for, you can get what you want.