Motorola Mobility

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at Motorola Mobility

Interview Details – first there would be paper testings, then if you passed there would be 2 rounds of interviews, all technical interviews, then there would be an hr interview and boss interview followed.

Interview Question – those are usually technical questions, need to prepare the most common programming related questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiate

Software Test Engineer Interview

Software Test Engineer
Kansas City, MO

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in January 2011.

Interview Details – General HR Round and then a Technical Interview. HR round was more about how you manage the time and what are the responsiblities that you enjoyed the most at your previous employer and so on. Technical Interview was about Android testing, terminologies.

Interview Question – Not really. Easy Process   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Libertyville, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in November 2012.

Interview Details – One phone interview. Phone interview was largely technical, asked to answer some basic data structure/algorithm problems. Interviewing engineer seemed friendly, ended the interview with some non-technical questions. I thought the interview went fairly well, based on my answers to the questions. But I was called the next day, and told that I was not longer being considered for the position. Overall, not the best experience, not the worst.

Interview Question – Asked how to implement a binary search tree, with support for insert and delete operations.   View Answer

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Horsham, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in July 2012.

Interview Details – A Motorola mobility recruiter found me on LinkedIn. I was asked to submit my resume before they could give me any information. Had a phone screen and then a F2F interview.

Interview Question – Overall technical and project related questions.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Libertyville, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in March 2012.

Interview Details – Make sure you have all the requirements in your resume. Also, you should have the experience which they are looking for. You should be able to explain the job experiences which you had in the past. Make sure you give examples of what you did and whatever is related to this current position.

Interview Question – Explaining why you choose the Motorola and why you did not find any other place to work   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not very difficult.

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Horsham, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in January 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed on-site at Horsham, PA with the hiring manager. The interview was relaxed and I was made to feel very comfortable. They started off with behavioral questions and then moved onto basic object oriented programming questions. Interview took approximately 1 hour after which I was given a tour around the lab where I would be working.

Interview Question – Describe how inheritance works?   View Answer

User Researcher Interview

User Researcher
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview Details – All day interview starting with a portfolio presentation. Then a series of one-on-one interviews. Sandwiched in there is a technical exercise and a working lunch. Kind of grueling. They're not confrontive, but very focused. The whole process made you evaluate your professional experience. The facilities are new and bright and very google-esque. It seems like an exciting, challenging place to work. Everything is in flux with the Google takeover and people's roles are still evolving.

Interview Question – What's the biggest risk you've ever taken?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Andover, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview Details – One phone interview, 3 face to face interviews, then a final phone interview. Then received offer.

Interview Question – How would you set up a successful program structure for new contracts   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiated salary on fianl phone interview. I was direct and specific on my needs. Do not sell yourself short. If you have qualities the company is looking for, you can get what you want.

Manager Interview

Manager
Libertyville, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in February 2011.

Interview Details – Short and professional.

Negotiation Details – Direct manager did assist in salary negotiation.

Information Systems Engineer Interview

Information Systems Engineer
Libertyville, IL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in November 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was sadly lacking any truly knowledgeable people. The whole interview process seemed to lack and standard process and the technical interview was handled by an individual that barely new what kind of questions to ask. They seemed more interested in what my degree was than what my experience or knowledge of the position I was interviewing for. A total joke!

Interview Question – All the questions were canned simple questions. Like tell me about yourself and what experience do you have in Systems Engineering.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They were not willing to negotiate on anything!