Motorola Mobility Interview Questions

2.8

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Motorola Mobility in June 2011.

The interview process was well organized and structured and it lasted a full day including lunch with the team. It consisted of several 1:1 sessions with detailed technical questions being asked. I talked to several experienced engineers as well as several younger ones. Overall it was a positive experience. I was offered the position the very next day and I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult and unexpected questions. Mainly technical   Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Motorola Mobility in May 2011.

first got a phone interview ask me things about the resume and projects that i have done and check with my background,then wait for about a week. got an email to schedule an onsite interview time. then onsite interview which took about 4 hours with 5 persons. and then wait several days and receive an offer.

salary

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Libertyville, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Motorola Mobility in May 2011.

They moved very quickly. A week after the phone interview they brought me in, interviewed for about 3 hours (some panel and some on one one interviews) and a couple of days later told me I would be getting an offer. It took another week to get the offer but I knew it was coming.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Motorola Mobility in May 2011.

this review applies to Motorola Mobility - a Motorola spin-off, which is somehow still in Motorola's corporate structure.
    After 1 phone screen was invited for an on-site interview with a group of engineers (4 total). Prior to the interview had to fill a long application form. Interviews were average, no difficult technical questions, very friendly. Took me around the place and labs. I was unimpressed with the work environment - small dark cubicles. I didn't feel excited about either the environment or the work they are doing. There was a little test they asked me to write. It was pretty easy, except for the ObjectiveC part, in which I didn't claim any knowledge.
    I rate this interview as a positive, as I liked all the people, the questions were relevant and to the point, and the attitude was friendly. I was not interested in pursuing this position, and, apparently, the feeling was mutual.

Interview Questions
    • In the test there was a C code snippet, I you are asked to find a semantic error in the code.   View Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Libertyville, IL

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Motorola Mobility in May 2011.

Upto the interview everything was smooth. All travel arrangements were made and I was given a schedule of interview.
    Upon arriving for interview, I was told that there has been a change in schedule and 2 of the key people who were on the interviewer list were removed.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Libertyville, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Motorola Mobility in May 2011.

Was contacted by the department director regarding the position and participated in a brief phone interview. Initial face-to-face interview was with the hiring manager and then returned two additional times to interview with the Director and the Vice President of the business unit.

Interview Questions
    • All interviews were very good, two-way exchanges. There were no ridiculous situational interview questions, just good dialog regarding past experience and abilities.   Answer Question
    Negotiated on salary and was able to obtain an increase over the original offer. Process was handled through the Motorola recruiter.

Software Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Libertyville, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Motorola Mobility in April 2011.

Initial contact with the hiring manager was via telephone. On-site interview took place with 3 interviews including the hiring manager, her director, and an associate. Interviews were informal and there were no in-depth technical questions asked. I felt very comfortable with the interview since I had previously worked for Motorola Mobility at the same location. Unfortunately, the hiring manager and her director were almost hostile in their attitude and questions. I left the facility with a sense that I would not be getting an offer...and would refuse one even if made.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you ever want to work for this company again?   Answer Question
    • Describe your methodology for setting up a software testing program.   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Motorola Mobility in March 2011.

phone call and a bunch of tests

easy

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Libertyville, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Motorola Mobility in February 2011.

Short and professional.

Direct manager did assist in salary negotiation.

Tester & Assembler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Libertyville, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Motorola Mobility in February 2011.

Name of company, position title and description, dates of employment. they ask me about my skills and interest.

Interview Questions
    • they asked me .as a manager how i satisfied a angry customer.   View Answer
    there is no negotiation what ever they offer me i did accepted.