Motorola Mobility Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in May 2010.

Interviewed for a completely different position than the one I was offered.
    The personnel I spoke with had nothing to do with the position I was eventually offered.
    Company had everything online, only the online forms only worked with a 5 year old version of Windows Internet Exlorer. That should have warned me right then and there to run away, but foolishly I stuck it out.

Interview Questions
    • Several interviewers asked me to go through and write complete software programs to do particular tasks   View Answer
    I had another offer and they came through with a big cash signing bonus, higher salary, bigger title.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in March 2011.

phone call and a bunch of tests

easy

RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Libertyville, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in April 2012.

Applied it online. Entry level position. Phone-interview is scheduled after 2 weeks of application. It's pretty easy, just describe some experience related to that job. Onsite interview is set after 2 weeks of phone screen. Nice travel, nice hotel and also nice interviewers. People are so kind and direct you to answer the questions. There are some quiz but pretty easy. Totally 9 people's one to one interview and no presentation or panel interview. Get notified by HR a couple of days later and I accept it.

Interview Questions
    • Draw the diagram of PLL, and write the gain expression.
      Describe the noise's effect on constellation of QPSK/16QAM.
        Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Libertyville, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in June 2011.

ask me about smart phone information, linux, programming language ex: c++, python, also discuss with my master paper

Interview Questions
    • ask me about android smart phone information..and python, c++ logic question   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in June 2011.

The interview process was well organized and structured and it lasted a full day including lunch with the team. It consisted of several 1:1 sessions with detailed technical questions being asked. I talked to several experienced engineers as well as several younger ones. Overall it was a positive experience. I was offered the position the very next day and I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult and unexpected questions. Mainly technical   Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in May 2011.

first got a phone interview ask me things about the resume and projects that i have done and check with my background,then wait for about a week. got an email to schedule an onsite interview time. then onsite interview which took about 4 hours with 5 persons. and then wait several days and receive an offer.

salary

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in January 2011.

Independent Interviews by each department of Motorola. 2 or more interviews by each department, first by a mid level manager and the 2 by a senior level Manager

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in the organization in 5 years   View Answer

Got a Better Offer

Software Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Libertyville, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Libertyville, IL

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in April 2011.

Initial contact with the hiring manager was via telephone. On-site interview took place with 3 interviews including the hiring manager, her director, and an associate. Interviews were informal and there were no in-depth technical questions asked. I felt very comfortable with the interview since I had previously worked for Motorola Mobility at the same location. Unfortunately, the hiring manager and her director were almost hostile in their attitude and questions. I left the facility with a sense that I would not be getting an offer...and would refuse one even if made.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you ever want to work for this company again?   Answer Question
    • Describe your methodology for setting up a software testing program.   View Answer

Senior Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Libertyville, IL

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in October 2011.

Had an alternate offer, leveraged that so wasn't asked any technical questions, purely behavioral interview

Interview Questions
    • Do you see yourself long term with the firm   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in August 2010.

Phone interview - Search algorithm, Qs based on projects
    On site:
    Round 1: Based on Android fundamentals, previous work
    Round 2: Algorithm based on array manipulation, another in string algo.
    Round 3: Concurrency, threads based fundamentals, reader/writer
    Round 4: Graphics, bitmap fundamentals
    Round 5: Open ended Qs - analysis.