Motorola Mobility Interview Questions in Libertyville, IL

2.5

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sourcing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Libertyville, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in April 2013.

Applied online, took around one month to got contact by the HR.
    The HR claimed Motorola is Google now, and forced all the candidates to reveal the current salaries. HR said that's Google policy, I need to confirm with people who work in Google if this is true.

Interview Questions
    • nothing difficult, just went thru the resume and asked some working experience question,
      However, the hiring manager was snob and actually lack of real experience. Just a Talker.
        Answer Question

Senior Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Libertyville, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in January 2013.

I was contacted by a HR personal regarding this position. The HR conducted a pre-screening followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was called on site for a in-person interview. The interview consisted of an electronics quiz followed by talk with the hiring manager and the team. Overall, it was a good experience. The company is hiring and laying people off at the same time. So, there was a little bit of ambiguity (at the moment) while talking to most of the people during the interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Libertyville, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in November 2012.

One phone interview. Phone interview was largely technical, asked to answer some basic data structure/algorithm problems. Interviewing engineer seemed friendly, ended the interview with some non-technical questions. I thought the interview went fairly well, based on my answers to the questions. But I was called the next day, and told that I was not longer being considered for the position. Overall, not the best experience, not the worst.

Interview Questions
    • Asked how to implement a binary search tree, with support for insert and delete operations.   View Answer

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Libertyville, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

New hiring process does require several interviews, initially with recruiter then couple of hiring managers.

Interview Questions
    • Google does seem to like to throw curve balls and ask abstract questions unrelated to the job, just to see if potential employee is quick on his/her feet.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Libertyville, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

one telephonic interview with the hiring manager, followed by 4 hours on-site interview process with 6 team members. It was an entry level position, so questions were mostly around my graduate work and my interests. One member challenged me on interfaces.

Interview Questions
    It was looking for a position right out of college with the Job market really slow.
    I took it as is.

Antenna Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Libertyville, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in April 2012.

Interview process is smooth. They take care of all the arrangements like rental car, flight..
    Make sure you know everything you have in your resume. Whole day interview with presentation. About 9 1:1 and tour. Most of interview was technical. Know details on challenges faced by smart phone antenna designers.

RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Libertyville, IL

Applied it online. Entry level position. Phone-interview is scheduled after 2 weeks of application. It's pretty easy, just describe some experience related to that job. Onsite interview is set after 2 weeks of phone screen. Nice travel, nice hotel and also nice interviewers. People are so kind and direct you to answer the questions. There are some quiz but pretty easy. Totally 9 people's one to one interview and no presentation or panel interview. Get notified by HR a couple of days later and I accept it.

Interview Questions
    • Draw the diagram of PLL, and write the gain expression.
      Describe the noise's effect on constellation of QPSK/16QAM.
        Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Libertyville, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in March 2012.

Make sure you have all the requirements in your resume. Also, you should have the experience which they are looking for. You should be able to explain the job experiences which you had in the past. Make sure you give examples of what you did and whatever is related to this current position.

Interview Questions
    • Explaining why you choose the Motorola and why you did not find any other place to work   Answer Question
    Not very difficult.

Entry Level Antenna Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Libertyville, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in March 2012.

They asked me questions in my resume. I was prepared technically, but the interview lasted only for 15-20 minutes. He had asked my interests and it seemed I didn't fit the profile. There were no technical questions, it was just a hr interview. I was really surprised why the interview ended so suddenly.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me more about your RF experience ?   View Answer

Senior Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Libertyville, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in October 2011.

Had an alternate offer, leveraged that so wasn't asked any technical questions, purely behavioral interview

Interview Questions
    • Do you see yourself long term with the firm   View Answer

Worked for Motorola Mobility? Contribute to the Community!