Motorola Mobility Interview Questions in Libertyville, IL

2.5

Sourcing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Libertyville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Motorola Mobility (Libertyville, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online, took around one month to got contact by the HR.
    The HR claimed Motorola is Google now, and forced all the candidates to reveal the current salaries. HR said that's Google policy, I need to confirm with people who work in Google if this is true.

Interview Questions

• nothing difficult, just went thru the resume and asked some working experience question,
      However, the hiring manager was snob and actually lack of real experience. Just a Talker.

Answer Question

Senior Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Libertyville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Motorola Mobility (Libertyville, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a HR personal regarding this position. The HR conducted a pre-screening followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was called on site for a in-person interview. The interview consisted of an electronics quiz followed by talk with the hiring manager and the team. Overall, it was a good experience. The company is hiring and laying people off at the same time. So, there was a little bit of ambiguity (at the moment) while talking to most of the people during the interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Libertyville, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Motorola Mobility (Libertyville, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

One phone interview. Phone interview was largely technical, asked to answer some basic data structure/algorithm problems. Interviewing engineer seemed friendly, ended the interview with some non-technical questions. I thought the interview went fairly well, based on my answers to the questions. But I was called the next day, and told that I was not longer being considered for the position. Overall, not the best experience, not the worst.

Interview Questions

• Asked how to implement a binary search tree, with support for insert and delete operations.   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Libertyville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Motorola Mobility (Libertyville, IL).

Interview

New hiring process does require several interviews, initially with recruiter then couple of hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• Google does seem to like to throw curve balls and ask abstract questions unrelated to the job, just to see if potential employee is quick on his/her feet.   Answer Question

Antenna Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Libertyville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Motorola Mobility (Libertyville, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

Interview process is smooth. They take care of all the arrangements like rental car, flight..
    Make sure you know everything you have in your resume. Whole day interview with presentation. About 9 1:1 and tour. Most of interview was technical. Know details on challenges faced by smart phone antenna designers.

RF Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Applied it online. Entry level position. Phone-interview is scheduled after 2 weeks of application. It's pretty easy, just describe some experience related to that job. Onsite interview is set after 2 weeks of phone screen. Nice travel, nice hotel and also nice interviewers. People are so kind and direct you to answer the questions. There are some quiz but pretty easy. Totally 9 people's one to one interview and no presentation or panel interview. Get notified by HR a couple of days later and I accept it.

Interview Questions

• Draw the diagram of PLL, and write the gain expression.
      Describe the noise's effect on constellation of QPSK/16QAM.

Answer Question

Entry Level Antenna Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Libertyville, IL

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Motorola Mobility (Libertyville, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

They asked me questions in my resume. I was prepared technically, but the interview lasted only for 15-20 minutes. He had asked my interests and it seemed I didn't fit the profile. There were no technical questions, it was just a hr interview. I was really surprised why the interview ended so suddenly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about your RF experience ?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Libertyville, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Motorola Mobility (Libertyville, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

Make sure you have all the requirements in your resume. Also, you should have the experience which they are looking for. You should be able to explain the job experiences which you had in the past. Make sure you give examples of what you did and whatever is related to this current position.

Interview Questions

• Explaining why you choose the Motorola and why you did not find any other place to work   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not very difficult.

Senior Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Libertyville, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Motorola Mobility (Libertyville, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

Had an alternate offer, leveraged that so wasn't asked any technical questions, purely behavioral interview

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself long term with the firm   1 Answer

Build Support and Release Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Libertyville, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Motorola Mobility (Libertyville, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

Interview with HR was the first round. He asked about background, my work status, when will I graduate, have i ever encountered a situation when I disliked a team member, have i been in a situation where i dont know what to do. Technical interview with recruiting manager followed by interviews with team members. asked about my current experiences in the field, what I like about the position, some basic technical questions. they tested my ability to learn quick. whether I can handle pressure.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about branching strategies?   2 Answers