Motorola Mobility

2.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Motorola Mobility in May 2011.

this review applies to Motorola Mobility - a Motorola spin-off, which is somehow still in Motorola's corporate structure.
    After 1 phone screen was invited for an on-site interview with a group of engineers (4 total). Prior to the interview had to fill a long application form. Interviews were average, no difficult technical questions, very friendly. Took me around the place and labs. I was unimpressed with the work environment - small dark cubicles. I didn't feel excited about either the environment or the work they are doing. There was a little test they asked me to write. It was pretty easy, except for the ObjectiveC part, in which I didn't claim any knowledge.
    I rate this interview as a positive, as I liked all the people, the questions were relevant and to the point, and the attitude was friendly. I was not interested in pursuing this position, and, apparently, the feeling was mutual.

Interview Questions
    • In the test there was a C code snippet, I you are asked to find a semantic error in the code.   View Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Motorola Mobility in March 2009.

Received an email and phone call requesting an interview. Was given a tour of the facilities, including a detailed description of what the job would entail. Was interviewed one-on-one by three individuals; one of whom was a little intimidating and very to the point, but respectful and knowledgeable. Everyone I met was welcoming and knowledgeable.

Interview Questions