Motorola Mobility

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Lowell, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in May 2011.

Interview Details – this review applies to Motorola Mobility - a Motorola spin-off, which is somehow still in Motorola's corporate structure.
After 1 phone screen was invited for an on-site interview with a group of engineers (4 total). Prior to the interview had to fill a long application form. Interviews were average, no difficult technical questions, very friendly. Took me around the place and labs. I was unimpressed with the work environment - small dark cubicles. I didn't feel excited about either the environment or the work they are doing. There was a little test they asked me to write. It was pretty easy, except for the ObjectiveC part, in which I didn't claim any knowledge.
I rate this interview as a positive, as I liked all the people, the questions were relevant and to the point, and the attitude was friendly. I was not interested in pursuing this position, and, apparently, the feeling was mutual.

Interview Question – In the test there was a C code snippet, I you are asked to find a semantic error in the code.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Lowell, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in March 2009.

Interview Details – Received an email and phone call requesting an interview. Was given a tour of the facilities, including a detailed description of what the job would entail. Was interviewed one-on-one by three individuals; one of whom was a little intimidating and very to the point, but respectful and knowledgeable. Everyone I met was welcoming and knowledgeable.

Interview Question – Technical enterprise networking questions.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Motorola Mobility? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Motorola Mobility interview questions and advice in Lowell, MA. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Motorola Mobility employees and interview candidates.