Motorola Mobility

Relevance Date Difficulty

Director Interview

Director
Schaumburg, IL

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in October 2010.

Interview Details – 3 interview rounds with directors, senior directors, CVP/ SVP

Interview Question – Present business case and recommendation for organization effectiveness improvement   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not too difficult. They really liked my background.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Schaumburg, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in June 2009.

Interview Details – It was simple for me since I was already working with Motorola

Interview Question – How would you design this product better than it is being done?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Schaumburg, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in October 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was more like an interrogation than anything. The interviewer definitely did not want to be there and he just acted like he was mad about something the whole time. Overall, it was very unprofessional on their part. I am sure not all their interviews go this way, but my experience was not a good one.

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Billing Clerk Interview

Billing Clerk
Schaumburg, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in April 2010.

Interview Details – A recruiter found my resume online and sent me an email regarding a Motorola position as a Billing Clerk.I responded and she called me back in 5 min. She asked me some questions and said she would like to submit my resume to the Motorola hiring manager. I said of course! 2 hours later she called me back to tell me the hiring manager wanted to have a phone interview the next day. We had that interview which couldn't have gone any better. The hiring manager said they had a computer ready but would have to get her decision cleared on Monday and have IT set me up with a password and login ID. I then tt my recruiter again and she said when she hears from Motorola , she will fed ex me paperwork to get started on drug screening and background check. we are in this process currentyl.

Interview Question – Explain exactly what skills I used in my daily interactions with customers , internal and external.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – My best advice to anyone job hunting is that when you talk to recruiters or potential employer, talk with a smile on your face . My customer service background taught me that and I get compliments on that all the time. You want to sound your happiest and enthusiastic on the phone as well as in person.

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern
Schaumburg, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in March 2010.

Interview Details – About two-three weeks after I had applied online on their jobs website, I got an email saying that the GNMO team at Schaumburg, IL is interested to interview me. The interview was very comprehensive, covering almost all the technologies and domains mentioned in their job description. If I could not answer something right away, the interviewer was helpful enough to give hints. It also comprised of a personality test, about my preferences, and my decision making process at major junctures in my professional life.

Interview Question – Why use views in an RDBMS and not just simply make tables for the same?   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Credit Analyst
Schaumburg, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in October 2008.

Interview Details – HR analyst emailed me to setup a time to interview in Shaumburg, IL. No interview costs were paid ( I traveled from Southern IL to Chicago). Interview consisted of the department manager and the team lead. Easy interview....no challenging questions. 2 days later I had a job offer. I was given the opportunity to decide when my first day was...very accommodating to someone who is moving from 300 miles away.

Interview Question – In the interviewer asked, "Tell me about a time when you were wrong"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate. It was a take-it-or-leave-it-offer since the company is losing money hand over fist.

Worked for Motorola Mobility? Contribute to the Community!