Motorola Mobility

2.8

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Motorola Mobility in October 2010.

3 interview rounds with directors, senior directors, CVP/ SVP

Interview Questions
    • Present business case and recommendation for organization effectiveness improvement   Answer Question
    Not too difficult. They really liked my background.

Billing Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Motorola Mobility in April 2010.

A recruiter found my resume online and sent me an email regarding a Motorola position as a Billing Clerk.I responded and she called me back in 5 min. She asked me some questions and said she would like to submit my resume to the Motorola hiring manager. I said of course! 2 hours later she called me back to tell me the hiring manager wanted to have a phone interview the next day. We had that interview which couldn't have gone any better. The hiring manager said they had a computer ready but would have to get her decision cleared on Monday and have IT set me up with a password and login ID. I then tt my recruiter again and she said when she hears from Motorola , she will fed ex me paperwork to get started on drug screening and background check. we are in this process currentyl.

Interview Questions
    • Explain exactly what skills I used in my daily interactions with customers , internal and external.   View Answer
    My best advice to anyone job hunting is that when you talk to recruiters or potential employer, talk with a smile on your face . My customer service background taught me that and I get compliments on that all the time. You want to sound your happiest and enthusiastic on the phone as well as in person.

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Motorola Mobility in March 2010.

About two-three weeks after I had applied online on their jobs website, I got an email saying that the GNMO team at Schaumburg, IL is interested to interview me. The interview was very comprehensive, covering almost all the technologies and domains mentioned in their job description. If I could not answer something right away, the interviewer was helpful enough to give hints. It also comprised of a personality test, about my preferences, and my decision making process at major junctures in my professional life.

Interview Questions
    • Why use views in an RDBMS and not just simply make tables for the same?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Motorola Mobility in October 2009.

The interview was more like an interrogation than anything. The interviewer definitely did not want to be there and he just acted like he was mad about something the whole time. Overall, it was very unprofessional on their part. I am sure not all their interviews go this way, but my experience was not a good one.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Motorola Mobility in June 2009.

It was simple for me since I was already working with Motorola

Interview Questions
    • How would you design this product better than it is being done?   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Motorola Mobility in October 2008.

HR analyst emailed me to setup a time to interview in Shaumburg, IL. No interview costs were paid ( I traveled from Southern IL to Chicago). Interview consisted of the department manager and the team lead. Easy interview....no challenging questions. 2 days later I had a job offer. I was given the opportunity to decide when my first day was...very accommodating to someone who is moving from 300 miles away.

Interview Questions
    • In the interviewer asked, "Tell me about a time when you were wrong"   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate. It was a take-it-or-leave-it-offer since the company is losing money hand over fist.