Motorola Mobility Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

24 interviews

2.7

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Libertyville, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in August 2010.

referred by an employee. brought in to a interview with everyone in the group ( 7 people in total). I had very similar intership experience before this job. so there was no difficult tech question for me. within a few weeks received the offer

Interview Questions
  • no many very difficult question. basically just asked about the previous experience to see if you get what they are looking for   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Motorola Mobility

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Libertyville, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in November 2009.

A phone screen with just questions regarding the resume. Was invited to come over for an onsite interview with 6 people. Questions ranged from highly technical to just conversational.

Interview Questions
    • When validating a product what criteria do you check to see if it passes?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Libertyville, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

one telephonic interview with the hiring manager, followed by 4 hours on-site interview process with 6 team members. It was an entry level position, so questions were mostly around my graduate work and my interests. One member challenged me on interfaces.

Interview Questions
    It was looking for a position right out of college with the Job market really slow.
    I took it as is.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in March 2011.

phone call and a bunch of tests

easy

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in August 2010.

Phone interview - Search algorithm, Qs based on projects
    On site:
    Round 1: Based on Android fundamentals, previous work
    Round 2: Algorithm based on array manipulation, another in string algo.
    Round 3: Concurrency, threads based fundamentals, reader/writer
    Round 4: Graphics, bitmap fundamentals
    Round 5: Open ended Qs - analysis.

Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in July 2011.

I'm actually kicking myself a little for not landing this job. As far as questions go, they were almost all softball/undergrad level questions. I had 6 interviewers, 4 from managers and 2 technical, 5 of them were polite and professional. The last one was a technical interviewer who looked quite unhappy to be interviewing me and would often interrupt and talk over me when I was trying to answer him. Considering it was the 6th hour my interview process, I would hope he would give me some time to write out my answers. However, before I could finish, he would often lean over and begin to cross out and write over my answers. At one point he said, "if you claim to have learned JAVA, then you should know singleton classes." This, to be honest, was a bit hurtful as it felt as though he was attacking my credibility and intelligence. When he attempted to explain it to me, I felt as though he couldn't give a good example as he tried to state something about using a private modifier when I believe he was trying to mention the keyword static. Overall, I liked the experience. One out of six interviews was not difficult, but unpleasant.

Interview Questions
    • Switch the nth digit of a binary number. Ex. for 1101 if you switch the 3rd digit it becomes 1011.   View Answer
    • The typical 12 objects, 1 with different weight question.   View Answer
    • What is a singleton class.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  Lowell, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Lowell, MA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in May 2011.

this review applies to Motorola Mobility - a Motorola spin-off, which is somehow still in Motorola's corporate structure.
    After 1 phone screen was invited for an on-site interview with a group of engineers (4 total). Prior to the interview had to fill a long application form. Interviews were average, no difficult technical questions, very friendly. Took me around the place and labs. I was unimpressed with the work environment - small dark cubicles. I didn't feel excited about either the environment or the work they are doing. There was a little test they asked me to write. It was pretty easy, except for the ObjectiveC part, in which I didn't claim any knowledge.
    I rate this interview as a positive, as I liked all the people, the questions were relevant and to the point, and the attitude was friendly. I was not interested in pursuing this position, and, apparently, the feeling was mutual.

Interview Questions
    • In the test there was a C code snippet, I you are asked to find a semantic error in the code.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in June 2009.

It was simple for me since I was already working with Motorola

Interview Questions
    • How would you design this product better than it is being done?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plantation, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in July 2010.

I am a fresher and we talked about various projects I did. I had 5 rounds where they explained how many teams are involved in the project and which team does what. The office was pretty informal and everyone was approachable and friendly. The interview procedure was also pretty informal.

Interview Questions
    • A C program question to identify errors in the code   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in July 2010.

Call from recruiter, call from hiring manager, call from team member

Interview Questions
    • Big Oh notation for insertion, deletion and look up for array, linked list, tree   Answer Question
    • Design file system using OO   View Answer

Worked for Motorola Mobility? Contribute to the Community!