Motorola Mobility

Average Difficulty
23 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Libertyville, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in November 2009.

Interview Details – A phone screen with just questions regarding the resume. Was invited to come over for an onsite interview with 6 people. Questions ranged from highly technical to just conversational.

Interview Question – When validating a product what criteria do you check to see if it passes?   View Answer

Libertyville, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interview Details – one telephonic interview with the hiring manager, followed by 4 hours on-site interview process with 6 team members. It was an entry level position, so questions were mostly around my graduate work and my interests. One member challenged me on interfaces.

Interview Question – To give a speech on VoIP services   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was looking for a position right out of college with the Job market really slow.
I took it as is.

San Diego, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in March 2011.

Interview Details – phone call and a bunch of tests

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – easy

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in August 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview - Search algorithm, Qs based on projects
On site:
Round 1: Based on Android fundamentals, previous work
Round 2: Algorithm based on array manipulation, another in string algo.
Round 3: Concurrency, threads based fundamentals, reader/writer
Round 4: Graphics, bitmap fundamentals
Round 5: Open ended Qs - analysis.

Interview Question – Question related to bitmap, memory management   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in July 2011.

Interview Details – I'm actually kicking myself a little for not landing this job. As far as questions go, they were almost all softball/undergrad level questions. I had 6 interviewers, 4 from managers and 2 technical, 5 of them were polite and professional. The last one was a technical interviewer who looked quite unhappy to be interviewing me and would often interrupt and talk over me when I was trying to answer him. Considering it was the 6th hour my interview process, I would hope he would give me some time to write out my answers. However, before I could finish, he would often lean over and begin to cross out and write over my answers. At one point he said, "if you claim to have learned JAVA, then you should know singleton classes." This, to be honest, was a bit hurtful as it felt as though he was attacking my credibility and intelligence. When he attempted to explain it to me, I felt as though he couldn't give a good example as he tried to state something about using a private modifier when I believe he was trying to mention the keyword static. Overall, I liked the experience. One out of six interviews was not difficult, but unpleasant.

Interview Questions

• Switch the nth digit of a binary number. Ex. for 1101 if you switch the 3rd digit it becomes 1011.   View Answer
  • The typical 12 objects, 1 with different weight question.   View Answer
  • What is a singleton class.   View Answer

Lowell, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in May 2011.

Interview Details – this review applies to Motorola Mobility - a Motorola spin-off, which is somehow still in Motorola's corporate structure.
After 1 phone screen was invited for an on-site interview with a group of engineers (4 total). Prior to the interview had to fill a long application form. Interviews were average, no difficult technical questions, very friendly. Took me around the place and labs. I was unimpressed with the work environment - small dark cubicles. I didn't feel excited about either the environment or the work they are doing. There was a little test they asked me to write. It was pretty easy, except for the ObjectiveC part, in which I didn't claim any knowledge.
I rate this interview as a positive, as I liked all the people, the questions were relevant and to the point, and the attitude was friendly. I was not interested in pursuing this position, and, apparently, the feeling was mutual.

Interview Question – In the test there was a C code snippet, I you are asked to find a semantic error in the code.   View Answer

Schaumburg, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in June 2009.

Interview Details – It was simple for me since I was already working with Motorola

Interview Question – How would you design this product better than it is being done?   Answer Question

Plantation, FL

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in July 2010.

Interview Details – I am a fresher and we talked about various projects I did. I had 5 rounds where they explained how many teams are involved in the project and which team does what. The office was pretty informal and everyone was approachable and friendly. The interview procedure was also pretty informal.

Interview Question – A C program question to identify errors in the code   View Answer

Sunnyvale, CA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in July 2010.

Interview Details – Call from recruiter, call from hiring manager, call from team member

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in March 2009.

Interview Details – They asked most my previous working experience. 'Why I think it is a good fit with the postion. Tell them a situation you have a different opinion on a techinical issue with your boss/teammate. How do you handle it.
Tell me what is the biggest accomplishment in the last 6 month.

Interview Questions

• why you think you are a good fit of the position   Answer Question
  • Tell me an example your opinion is different from your co-worker/boss on a technical issue.   Answer Question

Worked for Motorola Mobility? Contribute to the Community!