Motorola Mobility

Getting the Interview

20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Motorola Mobility

Interview Details – I have applied the job through a recruiter. And the process is quite fast. Set up a online code interview. Was asked for the top k elements question.

Interview Question – easy if you are computer science major   Answer Question

Interviewed at Motorola Mobility

Interview Details – first there would be paper testings, then if you passed there would be 2 rounds of interviews, all technical interviews, then there would be an hr interview and boss interview followed.

Interview Question – those are usually technical questions, need to prepare the most common programming related questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiate

Libertyville, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in November 2012.

Interview Details – One phone interview. Phone interview was largely technical, asked to answer some basic data structure/algorithm problems. Interviewing engineer seemed friendly, ended the interview with some non-technical questions. I thought the interview went fairly well, based on my answers to the questions. But I was called the next day, and told that I was not longer being considered for the position. Overall, not the best experience, not the worst.

Interview Question – Asked how to implement a binary search tree, with support for insert and delete operations.   View Answer

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in June 2009.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with hiring manager, followed by on site interview with staff members.
Mostly questions on wireless technologies CDMA, Embedded systems, rtos, c and c++.
staff is very knowledgeable and do not provide feedback during interview.
Job offer at the door via fedex two days after interview. HR is super fast if hiring manager and team give the thumbs-up

Interview Question – What is a context switch and give an example   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes, negotiaded more stocks in lieu of signing bonus

Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in May 2010.

Interview Details – After a telephone call from HR, I was called for a interview. There were 2 people on the panel. The interview was for an hour. The questions ranged from kinds of antennas, antenna designs, matlab. For some questions, they asked me to give them a pictorial representation of an antenna system. They also tested my knowledge in JAVA and C++ with basic questions. More details will be asked about your latest project. You have to be very prepared for that. The interview ended with questions on location preferences and any questions form my side. Be prepared to ask them questions which show your interest in the company.

Interview Questions

Horsham, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in March 2009.

Interview Details – Interview was re-scheduled twice. Second time because the HR person forgot to actually schedule it. HR people seem to not care. Interviewed with 3 people for a total of about 2 hours. Only one person asked technical questions. No questions were asked regarding my desired salary, start date, etc. People were somewhat friendly. Dress code is casual, many people wear jeans. Managers have offices, other people have cubicles.

Interview Question – One person asked about details of a project from 12 years ago (I worked on at least 10 projects since then).   View Answer

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in March 2011.

Interview Details – Telephonic and Project Discussion.

Interview Question – POSIX Architecture and Implementation.   View Answer

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in July 2009.

Interview Details – 4 rounds of technical followed by hr.
OS, C,C++,rtos,datastructures

Interview Question – Explain dma operations   Answer Question

Interviewed at Motorola Mobility

Interview Details – Got a telephone interview call. The interviewer sounded very adamant and is not willing to consider my opinion. HR did not update me about the result.

Interview Question – Android OS overview   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in July 2010.

Interview Details – 1. Campus Hiring
2. Written test(easy)
2, Face to face - 2 rounds
3. HR

Interview Question – Basics of DS, networks, OS   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Interviews for Top Jobs at Motorola Mobility

Worked for Motorola Mobility? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Motorola Mobility Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by Motorola Mobility employees and interview candidates.