Motorola Mobility Software Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Apr 23, 2014
21 interviews

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

It was mainly about algorithm questions, but with 6 different people.

Interview Questions
  • I spent a lot of tim eon the first question.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Motorola Mobility

Software Engineer Interview

I have applied the job through a recruiter. And the process is quite fast. Set up a online code interview. Was asked for the top k elements question.

Software Engineer Interview

first there would be paper testings, then if you passed there would be 2 rounds of interviews, all technical interviews, then there would be an hr interview and boss interview followed.

Interview Questions
    • those are usually technical questions, need to prepare the most common programming related questions   Answer Question
    no negotiate

Anonymous Employee  in  Libertyville, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Libertyville, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in November 2012.

One phone interview. Phone interview was largely technical, asked to answer some basic data structure/algorithm problems. Interviewing engineer seemed friendly, ended the interview with some non-technical questions. I thought the interview went fairly well, based on my answers to the questions. But I was called the next day, and told that I was not longer being considered for the position. Overall, not the best experience, not the worst.

Interview Questions
    • Asked how to implement a binary search tree, with support for insert and delete operations.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in June 2009.

Initial phone interview with hiring manager, followed by on site interview with staff members.
    Mostly questions on wireless technologies CDMA, Embedded systems, rtos, c and c++.
    staff is very knowledgeable and do not provide feedback during interview.
    Job offer at the door via fedex two days after interview. HR is super fast if hiring manager and team give the thumbs-up

Interview Questions
    • What is a context switch and give an example   View Answer
    Yes, negotiaded more stocks in lieu of signing bonus

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in May 2010.

After a telephone call from HR, I was called for a interview. There were 2 people on the panel. The interview was for an hour. The questions ranged from kinds of antennas, antenna designs, matlab. For some questions, they asked me to give them a pictorial representation of an antenna system. They also tested my knowledge in JAVA and C++ with basic questions. More details will be asked about your latest project. You have to be very prepared for that. The interview ended with questions on location preferences and any questions form my side. Be prepared to ask them questions which show your interest in the company.

Interview Questions
    • What is the relation between gain and beamwidth?   View Answer
    • What are the techniques for feeding an antenna?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Horsham, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in March 2009.

Interview was re-scheduled twice. Second time because the HR person forgot to actually schedule it. HR people seem to not care. Interviewed with 3 people for a total of about 2 hours. Only one person asked technical questions. No questions were asked regarding my desired salary, start date, etc. People were somewhat friendly. Dress code is casual, many people wear jeans. Managers have offices, other people have cubicles.

Interview Questions
    • One person asked about details of a project from 12 years ago (I worked on at least 10 projects since then).   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in March 2011.

Telephonic and Project Discussion.

Interview Questions
    • POSIX Architecture and Implementation.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in July 2009.

4 rounds of technical followed by hr.
    OS, C,C++,rtos,datastructures

Software Engineer Interview

Got a telephone interview call. The interviewer sounded very adamant and is not willing to consider my opinion. HR did not update me about the result.

Interview Questions

Worked for Motorola Mobility? Contribute to the Community!