Motorola Mobility Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 6, 2015
Updated Mar 6, 2015

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

I apply through school program. I got selected for an interview a week after. The interview was on site and lasted for an hour. The manager and 2 other senior engineers screened my resume and asked some basic programming questions.

Interview Questions
  • How to divide a squared cake into 4 equal portions by only three slices?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Motorola Mobility

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

Interviewed by four engineers. The interview lasted about two hours. A decision was not made that day. I also met with a team manager for a non-technical interview.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked technical questions in programming language C.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

A recruiter reached out to me a month or so before graduation. There was a video chat interview where there was one goggle doc based programming question to find out different permutations of a give string. Then after that there was one more phone interview which consisted of a bunch of oral technical questions, no coding involved. Then they flew me out to their HQ in chicago where I went through 4 rounds of technical interviews. I aced almost all of them except for one where I faltered. After a couple of days the recruiter called saying that I did very well but they would rather hire a phD grad.

Interview Questions
    • For a given 2d bitmap, find out the end points of a region that has only 1s and return true if those end points form a rectangle.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

It was mainly about algorithm questions, but with 6 different people.

Interview Questions
    • I spent a lot of tim eon the first question.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I have applied the job through a recruiter. And the process is quite fast. Set up a online code interview. Was asked for the top k elements question.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Motorola Mobility in February 2014.

I had a phone interview with Human resource people about 30 minutes. He just asked me some questions to know about my fluency in English. Then, he set up a phone interview for me. An interviewer called me and he ask some algorithms related to String matching and also about time complexity.

Software Engineer Interview

first there would be paper testings, then if you passed there would be 2 rounds of interviews, all technical interviews, then there would be an hr interview and boss interview followed.

Interview Questions
    • those are usually technical questions, need to prepare the most common programming related questions   Answer Question
    no negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Libertyville, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Libertyville, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Motorola Mobility in November 2012.

One phone interview. Phone interview was largely technical, asked to answer some basic data structure/algorithm problems. Interviewing engineer seemed friendly, ended the interview with some non-technical questions. I thought the interview went fairly well, based on my answers to the questions. But I was called the next day, and told that I was not longer being considered for the position. Overall, not the best experience, not the worst.

Interview Questions
    • Asked how to implement a binary search tree, with support for insert and delete operations.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Motorola Mobility in June 2010.

The interview process was nothing special. It was a face to face interview followed by telephonic interview. As it was my first job, they asked question from my MS courses.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Motorola Mobility in May 2010.

After a telephone call from HR, I was called for a interview. There were 2 people on the panel. The interview was for an hour. The questions ranged from kinds of antennas, antenna designs, matlab. For some questions, they asked me to give them a pictorial representation of an antenna system. They also tested my knowledge in JAVA and C++ with basic questions. More details will be asked about your latest project. You have to be very prepared for that. The interview ended with questions on location preferences and any questions form my side. Be prepared to ask them questions which show your interest in the company.

Interview Questions
    • What is the relation between gain and beamwidth?   View Answer
    • What are the techniques for feeding an antenna?   Answer Question