Motorola Mobility Software Engineering Intern Interview Questions

3.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in April 2014.

applied online , after a week got a call from HR asking me about language of coding,and discussed few things about my resume. after 2 week got call for my first interview: asking me about various OOPS concept ,then give a coding question to mirror the image . a few days back got call for second round ,in this he had given me a coding question to find out the cavity in xray image of teeth. interview went well but i think they dont want to hire.

Interview Questions
  • coding question to find out the cavity in x-ray image of teeth.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Motorola Mobility

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Marlborough, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Motorola Mobility.

This job was for a co-op at the undergraduate level. Interviewed for about 30 minutes. Was asked about current knowledge of C/C++, linked lists, arrays...
    Implement a small program that involved manipulating an array of integers. I was basically tested on my proficiency in C programming

Interview Questions
    • Did not really have a difficult question. Just show how proficient you are in C   Answer Question
    Did not need to negotiate. Offer was pretty decent and I was satisfied

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in December 2009.

Dropped off resume at my university's career fair. Took only a few days for them to offer a phone interview. From phone interview to onsite interview, hoever, took 2 months. Did onsite interviews for 4 1:1 interviews lasting 45 mins each. Now it's been another month since the onsite interview and no word. It's possible that they are really slow in the procedure because of red tape.

Interview Questions
    • Reverse the words in a string, but not the characters. Do it in linear time.   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in February 2009.

I was contacted by the manager, and a phone interview was set up. There were no technical questions during the phone interview, more of what I have done before. He then gave me a test which consisted of constructing a BFS and DFS iteratively, some Java concurrency issues, and basic object oriented questions.

Interview Questions
    • Write a function in Java that will take a sorted array of ints, possibly with duplicates, and compact the array removing all the duplicate numbers. That is, if the contains the numbers - 1, 3, 7, 7, 8, 9, 9, 9, 10, then when the function returns, the contents should be - 1, 3, 7, 8, 9, 10. Be sure your answer is as efficient as possible. Describe the efficiency of your algorithm using big O notation.   View Answers (5)
    • Write a program in Java that prints the numbers from 1 to 100. But for multiples of three print “Fizz” instead of the number and for the multiples of five print “Buzz”. For numbers which are multiples of both three and five print “FizzBuzz”.   View Answers (2)
    • Given the root node of a tree, write two Java programs to visit all nodes of the tree, one in a depth-first fashion and the other in a breadth-first fashion, both without using recursion. Assume a node is represented by a class named Node, which has a method children() that returns a list of child nodes. Call node.visit() to visit a node.   View Answer
    • What are Encapsulation, Inheritance and Polymorphism?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between Private, Protected, and Public when applied to members of a Java class? What is “Package Scope”?   View Answer

The salary was too low.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

60 minute phone interview and then onsite interview. Very straightforward, be sure to know your C/C++

Software Engineering Intern Interview

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Motorola Mobility in November 2009.

Please be as detailed as possible - everything from your initial communications with the company, organization and planning of the interview, number and type of interviews, and any advice you might offer to other interview candidates. Bonus points for your perceptions of the people, office, and work culture.

Interview Questions

Worked for Motorola Mobility? Contribute to the Community!