Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Motorola Mobility
- Software Engineer (28)
- Senior Software Engineer (24)
- Intern (10)
- Software Test Engineer (6)
- Engineering (6)
- Engineer (5)
- Systems Engineer (5)
- Manager (5)
- Product Manager (4)
- Test Engineer (4)
- Software Engineer Intern (3)
- Hardware Engineer (3)
- Senior Engineer (3)
- Software Engineering Intern (3)
- Financial Analyst (3)
- Mechanical Engineer (3)
- Program Manager (3)
- Project Manager (2)
- Senior Electrical Engineer (2)
- Director (2)
- Lead Software Engineer (2)
- Summer Intern (2)
- Software Developer (2)
- Web Developer (2)
- Marketing Manager (2)
- Account Manager (2)
- Human Resources Specialist (1)
- Industrial Designer (1)
- Industrial Engineer (1)
- Information Systems Engineer (1)
Software Engineer Intern Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.
applied online , after a week got a call from HR asking me about language of coding,and discussed few things about my resume. after 2 week got call for my first interview: asking me about various OOPS concept ,then give a coding question to mirror the image . a few days back got call for second round ,in this he had given me a coding question to find out the cavity in xray image of teeth. interview went well but i think they dont want to hire.
- coding question to find out the cavity in x-ray image of teeth. Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Motorola Mobility
Software Engineer Intern InterviewAccepted Offer
I applied through college or university – interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Marlborough, MA).
This job was for a co-op at the undergraduate level. Interviewed for about 30 minutes. Was asked about current knowledge of C/C++, linked lists, arrays... Implement a small program that involved manipulating an array of integers. I was basically tested on my proficiency in C programming
- Did not really have a difficult question. Just show how proficient you are in C Answer Question
Did not need to negotiate. Offer was pretty decent and I was satisfied
Software Engineering Intern InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Sunnyvale, CA) in December 2009.
Dropped off resume at my university's career fair. Took only a few days for them to offer a phone interview. From phone interview to onsite interview, hoever, took 2 months. Did onsite interviews for 4 1:1 interviews lasting 45 mins each. Now it's been another month since the onsite interview and no word. It's possible that they are really slow in the procedure because of red tape.
- Reverse the words in a string, but not the characters. Do it in linear time. 2 Answers
Software Engineer Intern InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took 1 day – interviewed at Motorola Mobility (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2009.
I was contacted by the manager, and a phone interview was set up. There were no technical questions during the phone interview, more of what I have done before. He then gave me a test which consisted of constructing a BFS and DFS iteratively, some Java concurrency issues, and basic object oriented questions.
- Write a function in Java that will take a sorted array of ints, possibly with duplicates, and compact the array removing all the duplicate numbers. That is, if the contains the numbers - 1, 3, 7, 7, 8, 9, 9, 9, 10, then when the function returns, the contents should be - 1, 3, 7, 8, 9, 10. Be sure your answer is as efficient as possible. Describe the efficiency of your algorithm using big O notation. 5 Answers
- Write a program in Java that prints the numbers from 1 to 100. But for multiples of three print “Fizz” instead of the number and for the multiples of five print “Buzz”. For numbers which are multiples of both three and five print “FizzBuzz”. 2 Answers
- Given the root node of a tree, write two Java programs to visit all nodes of the tree, one in a depth-first fashion and the other in a breadth-first fashion, both without using recursion. Assume a node is represented by a class named Node, which has a method children() that returns a list of child nodes. Call node.visit() to visit a node. 1 Answer
- What are Encapsulation, Inheritance and Polymorphism? Answer Question
- What is the difference between Private, Protected, and Public when applied to members of a Java class? What is “Package Scope”? 1 Answer
Reasons for Declining
The salary was too low.
Software Engineering Intern InterviewAccepted Offer
60 minute phone interview and then onsite interview. Very straightforward, be sure to know your C/C++
Software Engineering Intern InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
The process took 1+ week – interviewed at Motorola Mobility in November 2009.
Please be as detailed as possible - everything from your initial communications with the company, organization and planning of the interview, number and type of interviews, and any advice you might offer to other interview candidates. Bonus points for your perceptions of the people, office, and work culture.
- Linux Kernel Development Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review