Motorola Solutions Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Mar 31, 2015
Updated Mar 31, 2015

2.7

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Motorola Solutions (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with 15 managers. Was great. Took about 6 hours. Some interviewers were great and friendly while some were not. Be prepared and dont be nervous. Be prepared and dont be nervous. Be prepared and dont be nervous

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Motorola Solutions (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied to the position on Motorola Solutions website and received an email from the person hiring within a day or two. In a few days a phone interview had been scheduled. After the phone interview I received their response within about a week. The whole process was very transparent and pretty simple.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you've used data analytics to solve a problem?
      Tell us an experience you had working on a team?

Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

I was hired over a decade ago, and things have changed a lot so it is unfair to provide my view.

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

Manager reached out to me from his database pool as I had submitted a resume a couple of years earlier. I had 5 on-site interviews. They did not seem to have a standardized set of questions to ask. This was unprofessional, it seemed. I was surprised at the low level of difficulty of questions they would ask a candidate who had flown in from out of state spending an entire day at their facility. Perhaps this was because the skill set I was hired for was not their core skill.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

Started with a phone interview which only consisted of me talking about my resume and projects. There was no coding questions.

The onsite interview consisted of speaking with 3 engineers and 1 hiring manager. Everybody was very friendly. Spent a lot of time with each engineer talking about my projects. There was some basic coding questions, object-oriented questions, multi-threading questions, etc. One of the engineers really liked me and I got an offer in less than 24 hours.

Interview Questions

Got a better offer elsewhere.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

45 minute interview which included your standard behavioral questions. Team of engineers make fun of you during interview and set you up for opportunities to be disrespectful. You'll be hired or not based on one technical question: "have you ever built your own computer before?" All they want to know is if you have any experience with systems and software. They might ask if you have familiarity with various computer systems, windows, unix, linux... Don't bother even writing a thank you note, nobody in the whole company has business cards. If you have a reasonable GPA, and any experience with computers you'll probably get the job. They also want to know that you know what the responsibilities of the position you're applying for are.

Interview Questions

• "have you ever built your own computer before?"   1 Answer

No job security everyone starts out at the same salary and the engineers there are rude.

RF Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Motorola Solutions (Chicago, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

I applied online & was totaly unexpected call during the day ....no prior email

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It is still under review

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

Number of interview was just 1. I was interviewed for the intern position. Didn't ask any of the technical questions. Focus was on the communications skills and the personality. Met with all the team members and their input matters.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

I had a panel interview, they asked me questions about networking? if i ever put any type of security on a network? or if i ever set up a network? or if i ever built something
    just questions that were relevant to the job. I was interviewed by a team of engineers and someone that was more business ended

Sales Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL) in July 2012.

Interview

One on site interview with three people. They asked the typical questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation. They made a reasonable offer.