Motorola Solutions Interview Questions

2.8

Systems Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Applied for the position online and received a phone call from HR to conduct a phone interview within a month of applying. Phone interview consisted of talking with the hiring manager and reviewing my past work history, interests and knowledge from a high level. On-site interview was with two hiring managers: one for the position that I applied for, and one for a position that has similar qualifications. The questions here were pretty straightforward and was primarily a deeper conversation about my past work history in the relevant areas. The interview was pleasant, but one of the hiring managers was an extraordinarily strong personality - almost arrogant - and was certainly a turn-off for me. Additionally, they had not paid attention to my salary requirements in the application, which were 20-30% above what they were offering, and they seemed appalled when I answered their question regarding salary with the same number that I had placed into my application. Overall, it was a waste of my time because of this, and the interview was pretty much over after that question.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't encounter any difficult or unexpected questions, but it wasn't clear that I was overqualified for this position until I sat for the interview.   Answer Question

Internal Auditor Interview

Typical behavorial type interview questions. Same question asked a lot of ways. Not conversational. 5 different people interview you with assigned behavioral questions. Be prepared to have a lot of behavioral answers in store. 2 rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest achievement, how do you handle teamwork, tell me about a time when..., etc.   Answer Question

UI Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Motorola Solutions.

phone interview with an engineer followed by flying over to head quarters for an on-site interview, took about 5 weeks in total between the phone call to getting a reply. Nice people and no problems with the interview process.

Systems Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Interview process was very casual at first and the included a formal interview process afterwards. There were also introductions to the engineering team, which probably was testing how much of a match a candidate was. With this position, they tested more for analytical skills, communication/personality skills, and if your interest was in RF at all. Also, make sure that you know that Motorola Solutions does not make phones anymore!! That is Motorola Mobility and it will help that they won't have to explain that.

Interview Questions
    • How have you resolved conflicts with members on a project? What is the biggest technical problem you have faced?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Motorola Solutions.

I was contacted by email to setup an phone interview date. I interview with to engineers that worked on the same team. They first told me about the company, then the asked me questions about my resume and my course work. At the end they allowed me to ask them questions. The entire interview took about 40 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not very difficult, it was my first phone interview so I was a little nervous. I felt all the questions were fair.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Initial communication: By phone, preliminary technical interview, basic knowledge.
    Second interview: If candidate passed the phone interview, then the candidate is invited to an in house interview. This interview is 1:1 with different software engineers and it is a more in-depth technical interview. Also HR interview. The candidate should expect a background check and drug test.

Interview Questions
    • This depends upon what the applicant is applying for: the majority of the software development is in embedded systems (although there are development positions for Windows software apps). Languages C++ / C / Assembly.
      A possible question is: How do you avoid locks in software threads?
        Answer Question

Accounting Temp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Motorola Solutions in June 2014.

Interviewed for the location in McAllen, TX. I was interviewed by two people separately the same day. The location and office seemed very professional with security clearances but I was surprised by the two people interviewing me. I showed up wearing a suit and I was expecting to see my interviewers wearing business professional or business casual instead one was wearing casual (black jeans and short sleeve button up shirt) and the other looked like he was going to a night club. Both seemed to have learned English as a second language and one was confirmed by himself to have recently come from the plant in Reynosa, Mexico.

I found it highly troubling that the 1st person interviewing me, who was supposed to be in charge of the cost accounting department, did not know the difference between a periodic or perpetual inventory system and asked me to explain to him the difference between the two when I had inquired what system the company used...which is BASIC accounting theory.

I was notified by the recruiter a day or two after the interview that my interviewers had reached a decision and told him something along the lines of 'although (I) was a greatly qualified candidate, unfortunately they had found someone else' .

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you are the best candidate for the position?   View Answer

Antenna Engineer Interview

Very organized. First, I had a phone interview, then they flew me over for onsite interview. The interview did last for 8 hours and I got interviewed by antenna and RF engineers.

Electrical Engineer Interview

I got a electrical engineering summer internship interview opportunity in Motorola solutions. I will have to say that I was seriously treated. There are 4 interviewers in total, each of them talked to me for half an hour or more. All of them are technical questions, some of the questions are tough.

Interview Questions
    • I think communication is the major problem I encountered.   Answer Question

Inside Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Motorola Solutions.

1. Phone Interview 2. In-person Interview 3. Job Trial Project

Interview Questions
    • Job Trial Presentation - Create your go to market plan based on a couple bullet points of a scenario   Answer Question