Motorola Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2014
Updated Aug 24, 2014

2.8

Antenna Engineer Interview

Very organized. First, I had a phone interview, then they flew me over for onsite interview. The interview did last for 8 hours and I got interviewed by antenna and RF engineers.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Motorola Solutions in May 2010.

I came into the office having run through a rain storm. I had 3 interviews in one evening and the process was a typical interview process with the manager and his team

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to move from an Operations Manager to an Administrative Assistant   Answer Question

Summer Intern (RF-Antenna) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Holtsville, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holtsville, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Motorola Solutions in March 2014.

2 phone interviews ... 40 minutes each

Interview Questions
    • There was not any as such. Everything went out smoothly. You just need to have basics/fundamentals in your mind ready like dipole current radiation pattern, Maxwell equations, Impedance matching, Smith chart, etc.
      You should be able to explain each part of your resume in simpler words with showing lot of enthusiasm about the work you are doing and the work you will be doing at internship.
        Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Patchogue, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Patchogue, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Motorola Solutions in September 2013.

Asked questions like what is agile development and how would you go about testing something. Had a general screening interview and then a in person group interview about how I would go about testing different products and the type of tests I would do such as bounds checks.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between an interface and an abstract class?   View Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

I got a electrical engineering summer internship interview opportunity in Motorola solutions. I will have to say that I was seriously treated. There are 4 interviewers in total, each of them talked to me for half an hour or more. All of them are technical questions, some of the questions are tough.

Interview Questions
    • I think communication is the major problem I encountered.   Answer Question

Inside Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Motorola Solutions.

1. Phone Interview 2. In-person Interview 3. Job Trial Project

Interview Questions
    • Job Trial Presentation - Create your go to market plan based on a couple bullet points of a scenario   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Responded to advert in LA Times. Received call about 2 weeks later. Did a panel interview with 3 persons. Had an offer back in a week. Negotiated start date and bonus/salary.. Went to Chicago for orientation for a half week. Returned to LA and started work.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really that difficult or unexpected. Drilled a little bit about technical experience.   View Answer
    One iteration of negotiation. I ended up with bonus in lieu of some salary for first year. But that was OK because I wanted to join the company.

Procurement Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Motorola Solutions in September 2012.

I got the offer to interview from a career fair organised by my school. The interview was scheduled immediately for the next day. There were two interviewers. One of them was the Director of Global procurement and the other was a Category Manager at the firm. The interview started with behavioral questions. Most of the questions were situation based and I tied in my prior experiences to each of those situations. The interviewers then moved to my skill sets and my weaknesses and how I can tie them to my job requirements.

Interview Questions
    • How will you work on your weaknesses before joining the company?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Senior Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Motorola Solutions in February 2010.

Good interview process of asking on experience and going through a day of interviews with several folks in the teams. Main person is the manager who is the one who makes the decision.

Interview Questions
    promotion from the existing company

Senior Staff Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Holtsville, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holtsville, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Started with a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then a formal interview consisting of meetings with multiple people within the hiring department including the head of the department. All of the interviewers asked good questions and appeared to be very knowledgeable. Unfortunately, after being given verbal confirmation that I would be receiving a job offer it never actually materialized. Phone calls, voice mails and emails have gone unanswered. Not sure what happened... everything sounded great.

Interview Questions
    • Questions on how I would approach a problem that they have already solved in the past.   Answer Question