Motorola Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Interview

I was contacted by email to setup an phone interview date. I interview with to engineers that worked on the same team. They first told me about the company, then the asked me questions about my resume and my course work. At the end they allowed me to ask them questions. The entire interview took about 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not very difficult, it was my first phone interview so I was a little nervous. I felt all the questions were fair.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Motorola Solutions (Plantation, FL).

Interview

Initial communication: By phone, preliminary technical interview, basic knowledge.
    Second interview: If candidate passed the phone interview, then the candidate is invited to an in house interview. This interview is 1:1 with different software engineers and it is a more in-depth technical interview. Also HR interview. The candidate should expect a background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• This depends upon what the applicant is applying for: the majority of the software development is in embedded systems (although there are development positions for Windows software apps). Languages C++ / C / Assembly.
      A possible question is: How do you avoid locks in software threads?

Answer Question

Accounting Temp Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Motorola Solutions (McAllen, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Interviewed for the location in McAllen, TX. I was interviewed by two people separately the same day. The location and office seemed very professional with security clearances but I was surprised by the two people interviewing me. I showed up wearing a suit and I was expecting to see my interviewers wearing business professional or business casual instead one was wearing casual (black jeans and short sleeve button up shirt) and the other looked like he was going to a night club. Both seemed to have learned English as a second language and one was confirmed by himself to have recently come from the plant in Reynosa, Mexico.

I found it highly troubling that the 1st person interviewing me, who was supposed to be in charge of the cost accounting department, did not know the difference between a periodic or perpetual inventory system and asked me to explain to him the difference between the two when I had inquired what system the company used...which is BASIC accounting theory.

I was notified by the recruiter a day or two after the interview that my interviewers had reached a decision and told him something along the lines of 'although (I) was a greatly qualified candidate, unfortunately they had found someone else' .

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are the best candidate for the position?   1 Answer

Antenna Engineer Interview

Interview

Very organized. First, I had a phone interview, then they flew me over for onsite interview. The interview did last for 8 hours and I got interviewed by antenna and RF engineers.

Interview Questions

Interview

I got a electrical engineering summer internship interview opportunity in Motorola solutions. I will have to say that I was seriously treated. There are 4 interviewers in total, each of them talked to me for half an hour or more. All of them are technical questions, some of the questions are tough.

Interview Questions

• I think communication is the major problem I encountered.   Answer Question

Inside Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Interview

1. Phone Interview 2. In-person Interview 3. Job Trial Project

Interview Questions

• Job Trial Presentation - Create your go to market plan based on a couple bullet points of a scenario   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Motorola Solutions (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Responded to advert in LA Times. Received call about 2 weeks later. Did a panel interview with 3 persons. Had an offer back in a week. Negotiated start date and bonus/salary.. Went to Chicago for orientation for a half week. Returned to LA and started work.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really that difficult or unexpected. Drilled a little bit about technical experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

One iteration of negotiation. I ended up with bonus in lieu of some salary for first year. But that was OK because I wanted to join the company.

Summer Intern (RF-Antenna) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Motorola Solutions (Holtsville, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

2 phone interviews ... 40 minutes each

Interview Questions

• There was not any as such. Everything went out smoothly. You just need to have basics/fundamentals in your mind ready like dipole current radiation pattern, Maxwell equations, Impedance matching, Smith chart, etc.
      You should be able to explain each part of your resume in simpler words with showing lot of enthusiasm about the work you are doing and the work you will be doing at internship.

Answer Question

Senior Staff Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Motorola Solutions (Holtsville, NY).

Interview

Started with a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then a formal interview consisting of meetings with multiple people within the hiring department including the head of the department. All of the interviewers asked good questions and appeared to be very knowledgeable. Unfortunately, after being given verbal confirmation that I would be receiving a job offer it never actually materialized. Phone calls, voice mails and emails have gone unanswered. Not sure what happened... everything sounded great.

Interview Questions

• Questions on how I would approach a problem that they have already solved in the past.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

I was hired over a decade ago, and things have changed a lot so it is unfair to provide my view.

Negotiation

No negotiation.