Motorola Solutions

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Senior Systems Engineer
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Interview Details – Responded to advert in LA Times. Received call about 2 weeks later. Did a panel interview with 3 persons. Had an offer back in a week. Negotiated start date and bonus/salary.. Went to Chicago for orientation for a half week. Returned to LA and started work.

Interview Question – Nothing really that difficult or unexpected. Drilled a little bit about technical experience.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – One iteration of negotiation. I ended up with bonus in lieu of some salary for first year. But that was OK because I wanted to join the company.

Procurement Intern Interview

Procurement Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Motorola Solutions in September 2012.

Interview Details – I got the offer to interview from a career fair organised by my school. The interview was scheduled immediately for the next day. There were two interviewers. One of them was the Director of Global procurement and the other was a Category Manager at the firm. The interview started with behavioral questions. Most of the questions were situation based and I tied in my prior experiences to each of those situations. The interviewers then moved to my skill sets and my weaknesses and how I can tie them to my job requirements.

Interview Question – How will you work on your weaknesses before joining the company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Senior Engagement Manager Interview

Senior Engagement Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Motorola Solutions in February 2010.

Interview Details – Good interview process of asking on experience and going through a day of interviews with several folks in the teams. Main person is the manager who is the one who makes the decision.

Interview Question – Technical understanding of cellular systems is a must   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – promotion from the existing company

Senior Staff Mechanical Engineer Interview

Senior Staff Mechanical Engineer
Holtsville, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Interview Details – Started with a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then a formal interview consisting of meetings with multiple people within the hiring department including the head of the department. All of the interviewers asked good questions and appeared to be very knowledgeable. Unfortunately, after being given verbal confirmation that I would be receiving a job offer it never actually materialized. Phone calls, voice mails and emails have gone unanswered. Not sure what happened... everything sounded great.

Interview Question – Questions on how I would approach a problem that they have already solved in the past.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager
Schaumburg, IL

Interview Details – I was hired over a decade ago, and things have changed a lot so it is unfair to provide my view.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Interview Details – one telephonic interview for 45 mins discusses simple oops concepts. THen an onsite interview call. had 3 back to back interviews, 2 technical and one with the hiring manager.

User Experience Designer Interview

User Experience Designer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Interview Details – Few phone interview, full day face to face interview.

Interview Question – Why do we need to hire you?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – had another offer from other company

Quality Manager Interview

Quality Manager

Interviewed at Motorola Solutions

Interview Details – The entire experience was very professional and interesting. Interviewed with only the hiring manager. Most of the questions were related to experience, challenges and "approach" to certain situations. Very few questions specifically related to information outlined on my resume. Overall a pleasant experience.

Interview Question – I don't recall any particular question that was difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Interview Details – 4 rounds, about one hour each. They where mostly technical with object oriented programming general questions and a few specific questions, but each round asked similar questions. It was required to write some pseudocode to solve problems

Interview Question – They asked to choose a language between a few options and write the code to solve a written problem.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern

Interviewed at Motorola Solutions

Interview Details – Did not receive email requesting a time to schedule the interview. The hiring team architect directly called me. He began by asking about my previous work experience and projects.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult technical problem you faced and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Motorola Solutions