Motorola Solutions

Updated Jan 29, 2015
Updated Jan 29, 2015

2.9

Quality Manager Interview

The entire experience was very professional and interesting. Interviewed with only the hiring manager. Most of the questions were related to experience, challenges and "approach" to certain situations. Very few questions specifically related to information outlined on my resume. Overall a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall any particular question that was difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Motorola Solutions.

4 rounds, about one hour each. They where mostly technical with object oriented programming general questions and a few specific questions, but each round asked similar questions. It was required to write some pseudocode to solve problems

Interview Questions
    • They asked to choose a language between a few options and write the code to solve a written problem.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Did not receive email requesting a time to schedule the interview. The hiring team architect directly called me. He began by asking about my previous work experience and projects.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult technical problem you faced and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Algorithm Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holtsville, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Holtsville, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Motorola Solutions in January 2014.

The position listing was for a machine learning/computer vision type engineer. The interviewer talked about the company, himself and what I would do in the role. The company has taken a bit of a tumble in the past but I didn't mind interviewing because I didn't have a job in hand yet. I did well on the technical interview but they closed the position due to funding difficulties a month later.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Manager reached out to me from his database pool as I had submitted a resume a couple of years earlier. I had 5 on-site interviews. They did not seem to have a standardized set of questions to ask. This was unprofessional, it seemed. I was surprised at the low level of difficulty of questions they would ask a candidate who had flown in from out of state spending an entire day at their facility. Perhaps this was because the skill set I was hired for was not their core skill.

Human Factors Engineer Intern Interview

HF managers asked questions based on the projects on my resume. All are around the application of HF in product design circles.

S/W Intern 2014 Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Motorola Solutions in November 2013.

I would like to thank glassdoor and previous reviewers who shared their experience on Motorola Internship interviews. I applied online in their motorola website and got an email for the phone call interview be scheduled. Got the call on time and it was very friendly talk on previous experience and proceeded with technical C#. Person said if selected will get next call from HR.

Got call from HR yesterday receiving positive response with salary terms and conditions.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Salary was really good.

Channel Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Recommended for another position upon initial interview

Interview Questions
    • Interview process was not difficult. Met with colleagues and team players   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Patchogue, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Patchogue, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Motorola Solutions in September 2013.

Asked questions like what is agile development and how would you go about testing something. Had a general screening interview and then a in person group interview about how I would go about testing different products and the type of tests I would do such as bounds checks.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between an interface and an abstract class?   View Answer

Senior Technical Writer Interview

I was called by the parties in charge of the project. I spoke with each of them for approximately 45 minutes. The project was for a proprietary system. i am not at liberty to say more than that. they asked for examples and references, which I provided. We discussed salary, project deadlines, other virtual contributors, when and where i would be provided with the materials i would need to review to complete the project. The project was completed ahead of schedule and they were very pleased with the result.

Interview Questions
    • Why I insist on working on a virtual basis only.   View Answer
    Very simple, I told them what I expected and they paid it. I include the following sentences in all my cover letters:

"I work strictly on a contract/freelance basis. Clients are invoiced for work performed. Payment is due upon receipt."