Motorola Solutions Interview Questions

2.8

Algorithm Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holtsville, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holtsville, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Motorola Solutions in January 2014.

The position listing was for a machine learning/computer vision type engineer. The interviewer talked about the company, himself and what I would do in the role. The company has taken a bit of a tumble in the past but I didn't mind interviewing because I didn't have a job in hand yet. I did well on the technical interview but they closed the position due to funding difficulties a month later.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Manager reached out to me from his database pool as I had submitted a resume a couple of years earlier. I had 5 on-site interviews. They did not seem to have a standardized set of questions to ask. This was unprofessional, it seemed. I was surprised at the low level of difficulty of questions they would ask a candidate who had flown in from out of state spending an entire day at their facility. Perhaps this was because the skill set I was hired for was not their core skill.

Human Factors Engineer Intern Interview

HF managers asked questions based on the projects on my resume. All are around the application of HF in product design circles.

S/W Intern 2014 Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Motorola Solutions in November 2013.

I would like to thank glassdoor and previous reviewers who shared their experience on Motorola Internship interviews. I applied online in their motorola website and got an email for the phone call interview be scheduled. Got the call on time and it was very friendly talk on previous experience and proceeded with technical C#. Person said if selected will get next call from HR.

Got call from HR yesterday receiving positive response with salary terms and conditions.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Salary was really good.

Channel Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Recommended for another position upon initial interview

Interview Questions
    • Interview process was not difficult. Met with colleagues and team players   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Patchogue, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Patchogue, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Motorola Solutions in September 2013.

Asked questions like what is agile development and how would you go about testing something. Had a general screening interview and then a in person group interview about how I would go about testing different products and the type of tests I would do such as bounds checks.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between an interface and an abstract class?   View Answer

Senior Technical Writer Interview

I was called by the parties in charge of the project. I spoke with each of them for approximately 45 minutes. The project was for a proprietary system. i am not at liberty to say more than that. they asked for examples and references, which I provided. We discussed salary, project deadlines, other virtual contributors, when and where i would be provided with the materials i would need to review to complete the project. The project was completed ahead of schedule and they were very pleased with the result.

Interview Questions
    • Why I insist on working on a virtual basis only.   View Answer
    Very simple, I told them what I expected and they paid it. I include the following sentences in all my cover letters:

"I work strictly on a contract/freelance basis. Clients are invoiced for work performed. Payment is due upon receipt."

Engineer Interview

Very comprehensive interview process cycling through multiple interviewers in equal time increments. Staff is extremely knowledgeable but very approachable and easy to talk to. Questions asked were straightforward with good answers being accepted at face value. Although a lengthy and intense process, interviewees will have a good idea of their performance and eligibility when walking out the door at the end of the day.

Interview Questions
    • Problem solving questions using actual road blocks experienced by interviewers. Try to arrive at the same solutions they did in a fraction of the time. If you enjoy a challenge and like testing yourself like I do, these questions prove to be very fun and encouraging when answered correctly.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview process was great, easy and very friendly

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Motorola Solutions.

I applied for the position online and it led to the hiring manager writing me an email asking when we could talk. He called and we had a very casual phone interview where he asked about my resume and some experience. A week or two later I was emailed about going up and doing an in person interview. They flew me out, paid for everything and the interview was extremely laid back. Questions weren't technical at all, more personal which was surprising. A week after the in person interview I was contacted one last time where it was implied I had gotten the position. Sent offer over and I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • What problem that you solved while working made you proudest?   Answer Question
    No negotiations, take it or leave it offer.