Motorola Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2014

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Motorola Solutions in April 2013.

Started with a phone interview which only consisted of me talking about my resume and projects. There was no coding questions.

The onsite interview consisted of speaking with 3 engineers and 1 hiring manager. Everybody was very friendly. Spent a lot of time with each engineer talking about my projects. There was some basic coding questions, object-oriented questions, multi-threading questions, etc. One of the engineers really liked me and I got an offer in less than 24 hours.

Interview Questions

Got a better offer elsewhere.

Marketing Communications Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Motorola Solutions.

The interview process I had at Motorola Solutions was a somewhat strange experience. It was one of those interviews where all conversations went delightfully, the fit seemed to be relatively good----then I never heard back from them, despite multiple follow-ups. Not personable.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked in a few different ways "how I'd work with extremely difficult personalities", in such a way that I realized there must have been some intense cultural issues with some middle managers that I would have to work with. It was unexpected that several people who interviewed me asked me the same question.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Just a simple phone interview asking me about my previous work and a few brain teasers.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Phone interview for 30 minutes, then ask me to go to their company to have a 2 hour interview.

Interview Questions
    • Phone interview just go over resume and ask me about object oriented programming/
      Onsite is a programming test about C++ multi threading
        Answer Question

Test Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Received email about available times for phone interview. Interview questions were behavioral and about my experiences listed on my resume. None of the questions were difficult and I got a response quickly from the HR staff.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Submitted my resume in Career Fair and got a call for the interview.
    The questions asked were completely based on my resume and some networking related topics

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Motorola Solutions in March 2013.

45 minute interview which included your standard behavioral questions. Team of engineers make fun of you during interview and set you up for opportunities to be disrespectful. You'll be hired or not based on one technical question: "have you ever built your own computer before?" All they want to know is if you have any experience with systems and software. They might ask if you have familiarity with various computer systems, windows, unix, linux... Don't bother even writing a thank you note, nobody in the whole company has business cards. If you have a reasonable GPA, and any experience with computers you'll probably get the job. They also want to know that you know what the responsibilities of the position you're applying for are.

Interview Questions
    • "have you ever built your own computer before?"   View Answer

No job security everyone starts out at the same salary and the engineers there are rude.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Motorola Solutions in March 2013.

First interview took place at the campus. After couple of weeks the recruiters organized a telephonic interview. The interview was completely technical full of C questions.

Interview Questions
    • Q1. What is the difference between Interrupt and Polling?
      Q2. What is static identifier? Where is it used?
      Q3. Questions on pointer concept. They explained a small piece of code over the phone and asked questions based on it. Like incrementing pointer value.
      Q4. Difference between Array and linked list. When and how is array preferred over Linux?
        View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

It was an easy process with two interviews. First one was for about 1 hour full technical with questions on C/C++. Data structures and Digital design.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Intern converted to full time