Motorola Solutions

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer Interview

Engineer

Interviewed at Motorola Solutions

Interview Details – Very comprehensive interview process cycling through multiple interviewers in equal time increments. Staff is extremely knowledgeable but very approachable and easy to talk to. Questions asked were straightforward with good answers being accepted at face value. Although a lengthy and intense process, interviewees will have a good idea of their performance and eligibility when walking out the door at the end of the day.

Interview Question – Problem solving questions using actual road blocks experienced by interviewers. Try to arrive at the same solutions they did in a fraction of the time. If you enjoy a challenge and like testing yourself like I do, these questions prove to be very fun and encouraging when answered correctly.   Answer Question

Senior IT Strategist Interview

Senior IT Strategist
Schaumburg, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Motorola Solutions in January 2009.

Interview Details – I sensed that the company was in the process of imploding, and that the interviewer was not himself secure in his position. The company has lost so many people that the one's left are shell-shocked. This is not a healthy situation. Sadly, I worked for this company for 30 years before taking voluntary severance 10 years ago.

Interview Question – What can you do to make the company profitable?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Negotiation Details – Yes

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Interview Details – I applied for the position online and it led to the hiring manager writing me an email asking when we could talk. He called and we had a very casual phone interview where he asked about my resume and some experience. A week or two later I was emailed about going up and doing an in person interview. They flew me out, paid for everything and the interview was extremely laid back. Questions weren't technical at all, more personal which was surprising. A week after the in person interview I was contacted one last time where it was implied I had gotten the position. Sent offer over and I accepted.

Interview Question – What problem that you solved while working made you proudest?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, take it or leave it offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Schaumburg, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Motorola Solutions in April 2013.

Interview Details – Started with a phone interview which only consisted of me talking about my resume and projects. There was no coding questions.

The onsite interview consisted of speaking with 3 engineers and 1 hiring manager. Everybody was very friendly. Spent a lot of time with each engineer talking about my projects. There was some basic coding questions, object-oriented questions, multi-threading questions, etc. One of the engineers really liked me and I got an offer in less than 24 hours.

Interview Question – Implement a "ping-pong" function using threads.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got a better offer elsewhere.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer
Schaumburg, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Motorola Solutions in January 2013.

Interview Details – I had a panel interview, they asked me questions about networking? if i ever put any type of security on a network? or if i ever set up a network? or if i ever built something
just questions that were relevant to the job. I was interviewed by a team of engineers and someone that was more business ended

Interview Question – they were all okay   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Schaumburg, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Motorola Solutions in January 2011.

Interview Details – 1 phone screening, followed by onsite interview with 4 directors (inclusive of one HR). This was followed by a dinner interview with group VP. Finally S-VP and the COO interviewed.

Interview Question – What is my usual stock investment portfolio and how did I decide on the mix and what is my investment strategy?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had another offer with a management consulting firm

Sales Operations Manager Interview

Sales Operations Manager
Schaumburg, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Motorola Solutions in July 2012.

Interview Details – One on site interview with three people. They asked the typical questions.

Interview Question – There weren't any particularly difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation. They made a reasonable offer.

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Schaumburg, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Motorola Solutions in March 2013.

Interview Details – 45 minute interview which included your standard behavioral questions. Team of engineers make fun of you during interview and set you up for opportunities to be disrespectful. You'll be hired or not based on one technical question: "have you ever built your own computer before?" All they want to know is if you have any experience with systems and software. They might ask if you have familiarity with various computer systems, windows, unix, linux... Don't bother even writing a thank you note, nobody in the whole company has business cards. If you have a reasonable GPA, and any experience with computers you'll probably get the job. They also want to know that you know what the responsibilities of the position you're applying for are.

Interview Question – "have you ever built your own computer before?"   View Answer

Reason for Declining – No job security everyone starts out at the same salary and the engineers there are rude.

Very Easy Interview

Systems Engineer Intern Interview

Systems Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Interview Details – Contacted the hiring manager through my school's career adviser. The manager asked simple questions regarding behavior, interest, and experience over the phone. Next, I was called in for a interview at the headquarters where I was interviewed by 3 of the managers. Response from interviewers is immediate, they personally told me they were impressed with me and wanted to follow up with an offer.

Interview Question – None, very friendly people. Wanted to hire someone who was very interpersonal and interested.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was not able to negotiate, the HR aspect of the job was mistake driven.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Motorola Solutions