Motorola Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

2.9

Antenna Engineer Interview

Interview

Very organized. First, I had a phone interview, then they flew me over for onsite interview. The interview did last for 8 hours and I got interviewed by antenna and RF engineers.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Interview

I got a electrical engineering summer internship interview opportunity in Motorola solutions. I will have to say that I was seriously treated. There are 4 interviewers in total, each of them talked to me for half an hour or more. All of them are technical questions, some of the questions are tough.

Interview Questions

• I think communication is the major problem I encountered.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Interview

1. Phone Interview 2. In-person Interview 3. Job Trial Project

Interview Questions

• Job Trial Presentation - Create your go to market plan based on a couple bullet points of a scenario   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions in April 2014.

Interview

Fairly straight forward with emphasis on past work experience. Also stressed working in a team environment. Touched briefly on relevant coursework and asked for an example of how it might help me on the job. Finished with basic interview questions (where are you in ten years, what do you like about Motorola etc.).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were able to effectively work in a difficult or complicated team.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Responded to advert in LA Times. Received call about 2 weeks later. Did a panel interview with 3 persons. Had an offer back in a week. Negotiated start date and bonus/salary.. Went to Chicago for orientation for a half week. Returned to LA and started work.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really that difficult or unexpected. Drilled a little bit about technical experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

One iteration of negotiation. I ended up with bonus in lieu of some salary for first year. But that was OK because I wanted to join the company.

Summer Intern (RF-Antenna) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holtsville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Holtsville, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

2 phone interviews ... 40 minutes each

Interview Questions

• There was not any as such. Everything went out smoothly. You just need to have basics/fundamentals in your mind ready like dipole current radiation pattern, Maxwell equations, Impedance matching, Smith chart, etc. You should be able to explain each part of your resume in simpler words with showing lot of enthusiasm about the work you are doing and the work you will be doing at internship.   Answer Question

Senior Staff Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holtsville, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Holtsville, NY).

Interview

Started with a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then a formal interview consisting of meetings with multiple people within the hiring department including the head of the department. All of the interviewers asked good questions and appeared to be very knowledgeable. Unfortunately, after being given verbal confirmation that I would be receiving a job offer it never actually materialized. Phone calls, voice mails and emails have gone unanswered. Not sure what happened... everything sounded great.

Interview Questions

• Questions on how I would approach a problem that they have already solved in the past.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

I was hired over a decade ago, and things have changed a lot so it is unfair to provide my view.

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Interview

one telephonic interview for 45 mins discusses simple oops concepts. THen an onsite interview call. had 3 back to back interviews, 2 technical and one with the hiring manager.

User Experience Designer Interview

Application

Interview

Few phone interview, full day face to face interview.

Interview Questions

had another offer from other company