Motorola Solutions

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Lead Electrical Engineer Interview

Holtsville, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Motorola Solutions in April 2012.

Interview Details – I have 28 year experience in the business. I answered an on-line Motorola Ad. Meet one of the EE Director at Motorola. Very pleasant introduction. A week later, I was interviewed by 4 EEs. Very pleasant with their introduction. They know the technology, but the interview went poor. 3 out of the 4 interviewer had very poor EE interview skill. They make you believe they know more than you. Not a good way to gather information on your interviewees. The 3 interviewer make the interview process as though you were in a TV game show. You give the wrong answer, your done. The questions given is more of what cook book designs you can remember and not your basic EE design skills (you know, basic circuit analysis). The 4th interviewer was good, but he was not given enough time to interview me properly. The Director ask me how was the interview process went with the 4 EEs. I told him they were great. I was told by many interview experts not to give any negative feedback to the one in charge of the process. In this case maybe I should have been honest with him. Maybe, my replies may not matter since for what ever reason, the staff were not serious in considering me for the position. This maybe a long-shot, but this interview maybe an H1B process and my time and money was wasted. I've seen this H1B process before in other companies and I would not be surprise since this facility has many outside of the US employees. Also, one last point with the Director, if the interview process was that grilling, I would of preferred to come the next day to him and reply to his questions about the interview. Not the same day after his 4 EEs mentally exhausted me in the interview.

Interview Question – Cache memory in high end processor   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Motorola Solutions

Worked for Motorola Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Motorola Solutions Videos

Motorola Solutions – Why Work for Us?

For more than 80 years, Motorola has helped the world be its best. From introducing one of the first commercially successful car radios that delivered vital news right to us no matter how far from home, to developing… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Motorola Solutions Lead Electrical Engineer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Motorola Solutions employees and interview candidates.