Motorola Solutions Interview Questions in Schaumburg, IL

2.7

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Motorola Solutions.

I was hired over a decade ago, and things have changed a lot so it is unfair to provide my view.

No negotiation.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Manager reached out to me from his database pool as I had submitted a resume a couple of years earlier. I had 5 on-site interviews. They did not seem to have a standardized set of questions to ask. This was unprofessional, it seemed. I was surprised at the low level of difficulty of questions they would ask a candidate who had flown in from out of state spending an entire day at their facility. Perhaps this was because the skill set I was hired for was not their core skill.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Motorola Solutions in April 2013.

Started with a phone interview which only consisted of me talking about my resume and projects. There was no coding questions.

The onsite interview consisted of speaking with 3 engineers and 1 hiring manager. Everybody was very friendly. Spent a lot of time with each engineer talking about my projects. There was some basic coding questions, object-oriented questions, multi-threading questions, etc. One of the engineers really liked me and I got an offer in less than 24 hours.

Interview Questions

Got a better offer elsewhere.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Motorola Solutions in March 2013.

45 minute interview which included your standard behavioral questions. Team of engineers make fun of you during interview and set you up for opportunities to be disrespectful. You'll be hired or not based on one technical question: "have you ever built your own computer before?" All they want to know is if you have any experience with systems and software. They might ask if you have familiarity with various computer systems, windows, unix, linux... Don't bother even writing a thank you note, nobody in the whole company has business cards. If you have a reasonable GPA, and any experience with computers you'll probably get the job. They also want to know that you know what the responsibilities of the position you're applying for are.

Interview Questions
    • "have you ever built your own computer before?"   View Answer

No job security everyone starts out at the same salary and the engineers there are rude.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Motorola Solutions.

Number of interview was just 1. I was interviewed for the intern position. Didn't ask any of the technical questions. Focus was on the communications skills and the personality. Met with all the team members and their input matters.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Motorola Solutions in January 2013.

I had a panel interview, they asked me questions about networking? if i ever put any type of security on a network? or if i ever set up a network? or if i ever built something
    just questions that were relevant to the job. I was interviewed by a team of engineers and someone that was more business ended

Sales Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Motorola Solutions in July 2012.

One on site interview with three people. They asked the typical questions.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't any negotiation. They made a reasonable offer.

Salesforce IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Motorola Solutions in March 2012.

One 45 minute phone call discussing my background and some basic IT questions

Interview Questions
    • What method would you go about when testing software?   View Answer
    The lady straight up offered me a salary, it was fair so I accepted immediately.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Motorola Solutions in April 2011.

I applied online on the website and got an interview call after 2 months from applying. My manager sent me an email and scheduled a phone interview with me. Then after 2 days I got a call from the HR telling me that I have been hired.

Interview Questions
    • What are SYSCALLS and Subroutines in Assembly?   View Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Motorola Solutions in January 2011.

1 phone screening, followed by onsite interview with 4 directors (inclusive of one HR). This was followed by a dinner interview with group VP. Finally S-VP and the COO interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • What is my usual stock investment portfolio and how did I decide on the mix and what is my investment strategy?   Answer Question

I had another offer with a management consulting firm