Motorola Solutions Interview Questions in Schaumburg, IL

Updated Jun 1, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Only a few potential candidates were selected to attend an open house, where you meet the team of engineers and discuss the various sectors of the company and their roles, as well as a tour of the headquarters. A week later you are contacted to return and interview with the team of engineers.

Interview Questions

• What are differences between C++ and Java? What is the difference between a stack and a queue? What is the toughest program you had to work on? What is your level of understanding of networking?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

First applied in december, got back to me within a month, got interviewed in 2 weeks after contact, got position after one week. Basic behavioral questions, one technical question but not related to my position.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

There was a phone screening set up by a recruiter. I went tot he office and was interviewed by a group of managers and stakeholders. The conversation was about an hour. Two days later I was told they would not be filling the position due to budget cutting.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when a project contributor is not meeting deadlines?   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

I was hired over a decade ago, and things have changed a lot so it is unfair to provide my view.

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

Manager reached out to me from his database pool as I had submitted a resume a couple of years earlier. I had 5 on-site interviews. They did not seem to have a standardized set of questions to ask. This was unprofessional, it seemed. I was surprised at the low level of difficulty of questions they would ask a candidate who had flown in from out of state spending an entire day at their facility. Perhaps this was because the skill set I was hired for was not their core skill.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

Started with a phone interview which only consisted of me talking about my resume and projects. There was no coding questions. The onsite interview consisted of speaking with 3 engineers and 1 hiring manager. Everybody was very friendly. Spent a lot of time with each engineer talking about my projects. There was some basic coding questions, object-oriented questions, multi-threading questions, etc. One of the engineers really liked me and I got an offer in less than 24 hours.

Interview Questions

Got a better offer elsewhere.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

45 minute interview which included your standard behavioral questions. Team of engineers make fun of you during interview and set you up for opportunities to be disrespectful. You'll be hired or not based on one technical question: "have you ever built your own computer before?" All they want to know is if you have any experience with systems and software. They might ask if you have familiarity with various computer systems, windows, unix, linux... Don't bother even writing a thank you note, nobody in the whole company has business cards. If you have a reasonable GPA, and any experience with computers you'll probably get the job. They also want to know that you know what the responsibilities of the position you're applying for are.

Interview Questions

• "have you ever built your own computer before?"   1 Answer

No job security everyone starts out at the same salary and the engineers there are rude.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

Number of interview was just 1. I was interviewed for the intern position. Didn't ask any of the technical questions. Focus was on the communications skills and the personality. Met with all the team members and their input matters.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

I had a panel interview, they asked me questions about networking? if i ever put any type of security on a network? or if i ever set up a network? or if i ever built something just questions that were relevant to the job. I was interviewed by a team of engineers and someone that was more business ended

Sales Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Motorola Solutions (Schaumburg, IL) in July 2012.

Interview

One on site interview with three people. They asked the typical questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation. They made a reasonable offer.